Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

9 minutes ago, Tickle Shits said:

Oh yeah the rev sealed the deal for ski doos sales dominance 

everyone that rode my 600 that year just loved it 

Not only that, but rider forward. 

I don't think I ride a Rev until 2006 when I got my '04   I knew I would want one and I wasn't ready to buy new yet. 

3 hours ago, Tickle Shits said:

Frig ya 03 rev 600. Was my first new sled

3 hours ago, Tickle Shits said:

Oh yeah the rev sealed the deal for ski doos sales dominance 

everyone that rode my 600 that year just loved it 

That sled is still relevant even by today's standards.  Probably the single biggest leap forwards by any manufacturer, ever.  Going from traditional rider position with trailing arms to rider forward w/ a-arm front suspension.  The Firecat was a big step forward during the same time period but the ergonomics weren't there, plus the lack of pyramidal supports.

Check out the dyno numbers from back in the day.  They don't make em like they used to and that's a good thing!

http://www.amsnow.com/news/dyno-tests/2002/12/2003-ski-doo-rev-800

al_12783-450.jpg?mw=1000&mh=800

Just now, dirtybeacher said:

The forecast is depressing.  On a side note the groomer was out in Wasaga yesterday. 

No kidding!! +4 around here starting Sunday and in the pluses for as far out as one can see. :sad:

With the snow we got in November, I really thought I'd be riding locally for sure. https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/on-149_metric_e.html

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

The forecast is depressing.  On a side note the groomer was out in Wasaga yesterday. 

Well that's good. Might survive if we get no rain and it cools down at night. Hopefully after Christmas and into the new year is a bit better.

2 minutes ago, irv said:

No kidding!! +4 around here starting Sunday and in the pluses for as far out as one can see. :sad:

With the snow we got in November, I really thought I'd be riding locally for sure. https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/on-149_metric_e.html

Your retired and have a trailer. Grease the bearings and check tire pressure and go. :bc:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reevester said:

Well that's good. Might survive if we get no rain and it cools down at night. Hopefully after Christmas and into the new year is a bit better.

Your retired and have a trailer. Grease the bearings and check tire pressure and go. :bc:

I'll likely be doing that after the Christmas holidays are over for everyone. I was really hoping to get out with my son locally while he is off on Christmas break/semester change.

With his work schedule/girlfriend, etc, going away for a few days isn't a possibility. 

9 minutes ago, irv said:

I'll likely be doing that after the Christmas holidays are over for everyone. I was really hoping to get out with my son locally while he is off on Christmas break/semester change.

With his work schedule/girlfriend, etc, going away for a few days isn't a possibility. 

I set ground rules at 17 with mine sledding is life. She's still around today and let's me go often. :bc:

1 minute ago, Reevester said:

I set ground rules at 17 with mine sledding is life. She's still around today and let's me go often. :bc:

She's pretty cool and likes to see him get out and have fun but I think 2-3 days away from each other would do them both in. :lol:I remember when romance was like that. If I tell my wife I am going away for a weekend or whatever, she says, is that all. :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, irv said:

She's pretty cool and likes to see him get out and have fun but I think 2-3 days away from each other would do them both in. :lol:I remember when romance was like that. If I tell my wife I am going away for a weekend or whatever, she says, is that all. :D

My son sees his girlfriend like once a week when he gets home for the weekend from college.  It's like they fast-forwarded 35 years.:lol:

I travel a fair bit for business so my wife is used to me being away.  

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

My son sees his girlfriend like once a week when he gets home for the weekend from college.  It's like they fast-forwarded 35 years.:lol:

I travel a fair bit for business so my wife is used to me being away.  

Rarely a day goes by where they don't see each other, which isn't healthy, imo, but outside of the 2 of them being together, there doesn't seem to be much going on among any of their friends either.

They do things like dine out, movies, Canada's Wonderland, etc, but most of their friends, for some reason or another, never do much of anything it seems. Times have changed big time since I was their age as I was always on the go visiting/hanging around with friends, checking out bars, going to friend's cottages, etc, etc.

Having some of his friends up to our trailer occasionally over the years looked like the highlight of their lives. Many of my son's male friends and his GF's friends parents are all divorced so not a lot of money to go around I assume? 

Different times for sure. 

8 minutes ago, irv said:

Rarely a day goes by where they don't see each other, which isn't healthy, imo, but outside of the 2 of them being together, there doesn't seem to be much going on among any of their friends either.

They do things like dine out, movies, Canada's Wonderland, etc, but most of their friends, for some reason or another, never do much of anything it seems. Times have changed big time since I was their age as I was always on the go visiting/hanging around with friends, checking out bars, going to friend's cottages, etc, etc.

Having some of his friends up to our trailer occasionally over the years looked like the highlight of their lives. Many of my son's male friends and his GF's friends parents are all divorced so not a lot of money to go around I assume? 

Different times for sure. 

Wife and I kinda like this arrangement.

My son is more inclined to head up north with friends and ditch mom and dad and for the most part seem pretty responsible.  Looking back most of us partied, and were self supported.

The D can be a dream killer, its smart to chose your partner wisely.  Over 25 years, married for 22.:bc:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Reevester said:

You too!!! :lol:

:bc:

Actually need to get on to picking up some new tires. Found an ad for some aluminum wheels with the tires for around $180/each new.

Princess Auto had the right size for $160/each a couple weeks ago but had nothing in stock.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Actually need to get on to picking up some new tires. Found an ad for some aluminum wheels with the tires for around $180/each new.

Princess Auto had the right size for $160/each a couple weeks ago but had nothing in stock.

That's decent price for aluminums. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
21 minutes ago, Reevester said:

That's decent price for aluminums. 

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1203330095

$185

My rims are beat to shit and the tires are all 9 years old now. $800 doesn''t seem like a bad investment.

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1203330095

$185

My rims are beat to shit and the tires are all 9 years old now. $800 doesn''t seem like a bad investment.

Mine were pretty well orange before I replaced them. Cords actually ripped apart and ballooned so bad one day. I thought holy fuck this roads rough, luckily it was a mile from home. 2 new ones on and the way good rusty one for a spare for now. 

8 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

That sled is still relevant even by today's standards.  Probably the single biggest leap forwards by any manufacturer, ever.  Going from traditional rider position with trailing arms to rider forward w/ a-arm front suspension.  The Firecat was a big step forward during the same time period but the ergonomics weren't there, plus the lack of pyramidal supports.

Check out the dyno numbers from back in the day.  They don't make em like they used to and that's a good thing!

http://www.amsnow.com/news/dyno-tests/2002/12/2003-ski-doo-rev-800

al_12783-450.jpg?mw=1000&mh=800

but even with the lack of pyramidal supports the cat could still take a hit unlike the doo and there alphabet of week modules  I was never a huge fan of those early rev ski lifting dainty feeling sleds . they did change the game for the better he'll Polaris loved that beaver tail so much it had a whole team work for yrs to make somthing look more gay with out the patient infingmant  . the next game change was the M it litteraly changed the way people road deep snow.