Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

was just texting with a bud about his 20 gade 

Screenshot_20191219-194124.jpg

Should we all send him a text letting reminding his what a piece of garbage he bought?  While he is in for a clutch, he might as well do crank bearings.

I remember when I really started looking for another sled I thought man, these things are all cheap pieces of junk.  Bunch of cheap imported aluminum castings bolted to a sheet metal frame and riveted together.  

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

but even with the lack of pyramidal supports the cat could still take a hit unlike the doo and there alphabet of week modules  I was never a huge fan of those early rev ski lifting dainty feeling sleds . they did change the game for the better he'll Polaris loved that beaver tail so much it had a whole team work for yrs to make somthing look more gay with out the patient infingmant  . the next game change was the M it litteraly changed the way people road deep snow.

As with all new designs, someone puts it out there and someone else makes a better copy of it.  The Rev helped push the sport.  I think you will see cat push the rider even further forward with the next chassis.

What era M series?  I know nothing about the mountain segment.

15 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Should we all send him a text letting reminding his what a piece of garbage he bought?  While he is in for a clutch, he might as well do crank bearings.

I remember when I really started looking for another sled I thought man, these things are all cheap pieces of junk.  Bunch of cheap imported aluminum castings bolted to a sheet metal frame and riveted together.  

As with all new designs, someone puts it out there and someone else makes a better copy of it.  The Rev helped push the sport.  I think you will see cat push the rider even further forward with the next chassis.

He is talking about the last 2 years of m series with the alpha mono rail rear suspension.

54 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

the 2005 M7 was a game changer it deff changed the way deep snow riding was done . pre M it was all point and climb  side hilling was not  ez was a lot more work tugging those old wide pigs over . 

46 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

He is talking about the last 2 years of m series with the alpha mono rail rear suspension.

no m7

but the alpha is proving to be another big step forward after guys get to learn to ride them . 

but they have there down side 

Edited by Ez ryder

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 hours ago, Reevester said:

That's decent price for aluminums. 

The reminder got me moving today. Check PA site and they still had them on sale. Brantford has 3, Hamilton had 2 and I was taking my son’s wheels to Paris for powder coat anyways so I drove around this morning and got it done.

863CE423-8586-4523-8092-AC0870568E52.thumb.jpeg.b55bb3a97b9d7183b17ca1ad7ab6a666.jpeg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The reminder got me moving today. Check PA site and they still had them on sale. Brantford has 3, Hamilton had 2 and I was taking my son’s wheels to Paris for powder coat anyways so I drove around this morning and got it done.

863CE423-8586-4523-8092-AC0870568E52.thumb.jpeg.b55bb3a97b9d7183b17ca1ad7ab6a666.jpeg

Nice. Slap them on and grease her up. Heading to liskeard weekend after new years if it's not good enough at the cabin. Big northern loop in February starting a Dunlop lake for 6 days too. Then hopefully it's good in March for a rap tour. 

2 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Nice. Slap them on and grease her up. Heading to liskeard weekend after new years if it's not good enough at the cabin. Big northern loop in February starting a Dunlop lake for 6 days too. Then hopefully it's good in March for a rap tour. 

I''m leaving for Albert boxing day then St Luisa when I get back. No sledding for me until after the 17th.

I've been invited to go to Thunder Bay and loop through Manitoba for a week in Feb but not sure if I can do that yet.

16 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I''m leaving for Albert boxing day then St Luisa when I get back. No sledding for me until after the 17th.

I've been invited to go to Thunder Bay and loop through Manitoba for a week in Feb but not sure if I can do that yet.

Sounds busy. That's a drive for sure. 

• Like 1

From Duluth to Two Harbors and back up the north shore with my racing bud today.  Trails were pretty ate up....and yadda, yadda, yadda....gonna be sore tomorrow.

Made it back to the scene of the crime today too.  Faggots still won’t pay me for the show.  But they did serve me a delicious butter bacon burger.....that formed itself into a turd torpedo that tried to work it’s way out sideways on the way home....FUCK CULVERS!!!!!

51E89412-0AD9-4ADA-B28F-D23993D1BB0E.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

From Duluth to Two Harbors and back up the north shore with my racing bud today.  Trails were pretty ate up....and yadda, yadda, yadda....gonna be sore tomorrow.

Made it back to the scene of the crime today too.  Faggots still won’t pay me for the show.  But they did serve me a delicious butter bacon burger.....that formed itself into a turd torpedo that tried to work it’s way out sideways on the way home....FUCK CULVERS!!!!!

You guys were probably the reason for this comment.

Screenshot_20191221-162750.png

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

You guys were probably the reason for this comment.

Screenshot_20191221-162750.png

:lol: Not gonna lie, we surprised some people pretty good.  There’s a reason we aren’t worried about hand signals.  Funny thing is though, the ones we surprise always seem to be in a wrestling match with their sleds and honestly, I think the sled is winning.

More than a few groups of poo riders too.  Passed a couple with ease.  They were probably still in break in mode though, so....

”Muh...Ate-Fiddy!!!!!!!”

:lmao:

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: Not gonna lie, we surprised some people pretty good.  There’s a reason we aren’t worried about hand signals.  Funny thing is though, the ones we surprise always seem to be in a wrestling match with their sleds and honestly, I think the sled is winning.

More than a few groups of poo riders too.  Passed a couple with ease.  They were probably still in break in mode though, so....

”Muh...Ate-Fiddy!!!!!!!”

:lmao:

Good thing you got out anyways. I'm down here watching the little snow we have melt away. Put a 0.5 gram set screw in my weights to bring the rpm down just a bit.  Will recheck rpm next weekend.

Edited by teamgreen02

44 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Looks like about a whole 30-35 mile loop , if that :lol:

7 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Looks like about a whole 30-35 mile loop , if that :lol:

I’m sure it was more than that.  Do they give you some type of patch if you break 100 miles there?  Maybe a trophy for 200? Prolly a little golden guy in a lazy boy chair holding a remote on top of it.

:lol: 

“I’m not a very good rider but I can log some long miles!”

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I’m sure it was more than that.  Do they give you some type of patch if you break 100 miles there?  Maybe a trophy for 200? Prolly a little golden guy in a lazy boy chair holding a remote on top of it.

I'm pissed if I don't do 200/day. It's a long drive for me to get to good snow.  Have to try and make the best of it or it's not even worth being in the sport anymore

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

You've never ridden with me, so zip it Geroge :bc:

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Sled looks good brother, glad you got to go for a rip!!:bc:

30 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I'm pissed if I don't do 200/day. It's a long drive for me to get to good snow.  Have to try and make the best of it or it's not even worth being in the sport anymore

You've never ridden with me, so zip it Geroge :bc:

You don’t live in a snow area?  Shit.  Sometimes I forget how spoiled some of us are.  Yuh....I can sure understand the need to max out miles if I had to drive. I absolutely detest windshield time.

30 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Sled looks good brother, glad you got to go for a rip!!:bc:

Thanks.  Yeah, ran pig rich today because I goofed up then premix like a newbie though...drat!!!  

Hard to believe we got this kind of snow this early.  Trails looked like Mid Jan or even feb!!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You don’t live in a snow area?  Shit.  Sometimes I forget how spoiled some of us are.  Yuh....I can sure understand the need to max out miles if I had to drive. I absolutely detest windshield time.

We have a small trail system close by, but it's rarely enough snow on it to ride. When they have had snow since it's been done, I've either been North riding or was sledless for those few years.  We got dumped on in mid November up there but it didn't last unfortunately. 

I don't mind the drive.  It's actually fun. Listen to some Jerky Boys, Adam Sandler, or so good tunes  and you're there before you know it.  I can make it to the bridge in 3.5 hours. That's not bad at all. Another 1.5hr and I'm to really good snow 

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Thanks.  Yeah, ran pig rich today because I goofed up then premix like a newbie though...drat!!!  

Hard to believe we got this kind of snow this early.  Trails looked like Mid Jan or even feb!!!!

How the fuck can you fuck up pre mixing? :lol: 

Some of the pics and reports I've seen in FB you'd think it was mid February 

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

We have a small trail system close by, but it's rarely enough snow on it to ride. When they have had snow since it's been done, I've either been North riding or was sledless for those few years.  We got dumped on in mid November up there but it didn't last unfortunately. 

I don't mind the drive.  It's actually fun. Listen to some Jerky Boys, Adam Sandler, or so good tunes  and you're there before you know it.  I can make it to the bridge in 3.5 hours. That's not bad at all. Another 1.5hr and I'm to really good snow 

How the fuck can you fuck up pre mixing? :lol: 

Some of the pics and reports I've seen in FB you'd think it was mid February 

Honestly, I have a lot of respect for all of you that travel like that to enjoy this sport. Makes me realize how lucky I am.

i couldn’t remember if I put 16 or 20 oz in my 5 gal tanks.  Fuck!  So, rather than run lean I decided to run rich.  Added another 4 oz per.  Nice and warm today too.

Baaawwwwwwwp......bawwwwwp.  :lol:

25 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Honestly, I have a lot of respect for all of you that travel like that to enjoy this sport. Makes me realize how lucky I am.

i couldn’t remember if I put 16 or 20 oz in my 5 gal tanks.  Fuck!  So, rather than run lean I decided to run rich.  Added another 4 oz per.  Nice and warm today too.

Baaawwwwwwwp......bawwwwwp.  :lol:

It's all a lot of us know :dunno:. Like I said, the ride up is fun as well. 

:lol: what a dummy 

Better rich than lean for sure :bc:

I had a pretty sweet little set up on my '04  I kept a couple of 5&6 gallon cans in the truck to top off before we left for the day. Then I'd carry a couple of quarts of Amsoil in my back pack. Then one in the Power Madd oil caddy by the chaincase. And one in the Doo oil caddy on the clutch cover. I bought a water bottle holder for a mountain bike and mounted it to the R side foot well behind the side panel.  Held a Maxima pre mix bottle perfectly.  I always had the proper oil mix.  I took the tank bra off so I was always able to see how much fuel I needed.  I'd measure my oil I estimated I need and dumped it in before adding fuel.  If it was more fuel than I I thought, I'd add a little splash of oil.  If it was less fuel than I thought, it wouldn't be by much. I ran it at 40-45:1   Never had any issues :bc:

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

It gets us away from our wives! 

The part that sucks is how the expense of fuel and hotels rack up.

45 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

It gets us away from our wives! 

The part that sucks is how the expense of fuel and hotels rack up.

Not a cheap sport.  But try having a boat, or an airplane, or even a camp in general.

• Thanks 1