Check your account email address ×

Cheap Bearings and Crappy Oil Caps

59 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I'm glad you brought that up because it's one of the dumbest sayings there is :lol:it drives me nuts when somebody says "age is just a number" anybody who believes that is an idiot. Trust me, I have proof and so do you....I felt way better physically in my 20's than I do at 50 :lol:

Well, mental number anyway.  That's why I said I can't "dance" as long....and I need a day (or two) in between dances.  :lol:

31 minutes ago, bussman said:

I’m including Wooddick but not ZamBlairMorganski, no room for washed posers here. 

Bhen I'm including but only his bi-polar part that has a love/hate relationship with Artco. :lol: 

Awww....that's just mean!  I can meet you guys down by the lake and wave the start flag or something?  Then, all the guys with the trail machines with the expensive shock packages meant for pounding trails will want to do just that....AMIRITE?  Well, assuming they weren't revalved down to lake racer pressures.  You boys should just take those off and sell them and get a $50 set off some old iron.  

On your mark....get set........  :lmao:

Related image

4 minutes ago, jammin said:

I rode bussman 91 cougar 140 or so miles a few years ago....  had a blast! 

mine was fast as shit, and at the time I loved it. but after moving to the rev, it was like night and day. that was a complete change, going to the rider forward style, so that had a lot to do with it.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, bussman said:

I’m including Wooddick but not ZamBlairMorganski, no room for washed posers here. 

Bhen I'm including but only his bi-polar part that has a love/hate relationship with Artco. :lol: 

Zamblairmorgonski has called an emergency lunch meeting to see if he can be voted on the team?  I hope he is buying and my truck doesn't get stolen.:lol:

IMG_3942.JPG

4 hours ago, racer254 said:

Me and a couple buddies were talking about things like this and how many are saying snowmobiling is a dying sport.  We had some theories, most revolved around marketing and the cost of it to buy and maintain a sled.  Sure seems like parts and prices are going way up lately.

3 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Yep, all of what you said are valid points and mother nature being a bitch the last 3 years is another big issue. If I ever buy another sled it will be an older sled that I can repair in the other 11 months you can't ride. :lol: zero desire to spend 10 - 15k on the junk they're making today.

It's only dying for mopes that are light in the pocketbook, the amount of sledders I saw last weekend and the weekend before was staggering.

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Zamblairmorgonski has called an emergency lunch meeting to see if he can be voted on the team?  I hope he is buying and my truck doesn't get stolen.:lol:

IMG_3942.JPG

:lol:

A two peice, a biscuit and a side of collards.  Getcha right everytime!

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's only dying for mopes that are light in the pocketbook, the amount of sledders I saw last weekend and the weekend before was staggering.

Same here.  We finally got some snow and the lot spilled out onto the road and there were groups of 6 or better everywhere it seemed.  

All it takes is snow.  One or two good seasons of early snow and this sport will get back on track.  Planty of really good low priced iron out there for everyone to grab something.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

IMG_3942.JPG

They have good food, I might have to stop there on the way home :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

In chimes the electrical elitist, I could easily stroke a check for any model available, I've just just gotten much wiser. Wonder how many people finance their sleds or have them on a credit card? You may have been in the right spot at the right time but sled numbers are not at staggering levels, hence your staggering comment, the numbers were staggering in the mid 90's thru early 2000's. Here's a small fact from just the WI DNR.........

Snowmobile registrations have generally been on a modestly declining trend since reaching
a peak of over 243,000 on March 31, 2002.

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

There is one just posted on tbp of a similar scenario  involving buss :lol: 

The oil burning pig had a stuck exhaust valve. Cleaned it up trailside. The good thing about Cats is you can do almost any work on them with a 10mm wrench and a pair of pliers. :lol: 

7 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

My sled has about 2200 miles on it now, and haven't noticed any issues yet with the vent cap or bearings in the skid, and I just checked them.  That said, the shocks are coming out and getting a revalve in the off season.

x2

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Busscarp and transboni. With a dash of f7bent :lol: 

What about Snacks? That guy rides(not very often) a race ready 85 HP beast! :lol:

4 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Preston looks guilty..................... :lol: 

Drew was riding it. Most of Brians sleds that have blown up happened when Drew was on them. :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

What about Snacks? That guy rides(not very often) a race ready 85 HP beast! :lol:

Do you really want to be grouped with transboni and bhent? :lol: 

11 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So I remember Ben talking about how all the bearings in his skid on his Polaris went to hell in no time and I was just reading over on HCS and Northstar Rick was answering a guy who has the same issue and he said that while Polaris does use NTN bearings they are the cheap Chinese version and when they pull them apart they are dry as a bone. Throw in the stupid oil cap venting issue and it really makes you wonder WTF these manus are thinking...yeah I know bean counters and bottom lines....but WTF? Also I know it's not limited to Polaris so save it! :lol:

And here I thought you found out aboot the jackshaft bearing on your Sno-Pro 500.

I used to ride Polaris in the 90's and you could grease the driveshaft and jackshaft bearings and I don't recall having too much trouble with the idler wheels. 

Nowa days these guys are counting on selling parts/service making money anyway they can vs taking care of customer. And sales are down and they wonder why?

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

And here I thought you found out aboot the jackshaft bearing on your Sno-Pro 500.

I haven't checked it yet....Chinesium Crapola I'm guessing?