Check your account email address ×

Cheap Bearings and Crappy Oil Caps

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So I remember Ben talking about how all the bearings in his skid on his Polaris went to hell in no time and I was just reading over on HCS and Northstar Rick was answering a guy who has the same issue and he said that while Polaris does use NTN bearings they are the cheap Chinese version and when they pull them apart they are dry as a bone. Throw in the stupid oil cap venting issue and it really makes you wonder WTF these manus are thinking...yeah I know bean counters and bottom lines....but WTF? Also I know it's not limited to Polaris so save it! :lol:

Like I said on TBP it amazes me that Poo survived through the garbage they developed in the mid to late 2000's.....Fusion 900, FST 750, CFI 800, all complete junk. My guess would be the ATV side has kept the sled side afloat.

2 minutes ago, bussman said:

Have you seen Team Polaris lately?

You

Drew

Analer.........

Yeah, not cool at all. :lol: 

:owned:

To drop the jokes, I'd seriously watch the new cats to make sure an update is done on the flaming issue.   Vince has had it and others have had it melt the belly pan on the sled.  No fix yet.  The new 800 currently is a turd.   The zook was much better motor.  

But I guess since you are gay now, having a flaming sled suits you and momo the homo just right. :owned: 

24 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Image result for no gif

I may have thought the XCR was the better of the "Replica" types too since it's still new.  Ben convinced me otherwise.  And Walker Evans shocks?

:lol:

Image result for empty paper roll crafts

Except the xcr isn’t a replica wannabe. It’s a unbox, revalve, and take it racing sled and has been advertised as such. 

Ben had a had a soft ass pro S. The needle shocks on my xcr are excellent. Ask the 4 guys that ride it this weekend. Aside from the same chassis, engine, and ride height, that’s about the only similarity the xcr shares with the pro-s. 

Edited by thewayout

12 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

To drop the jokes, I'd seriously watch the new cats to make sure an update is done on the flaming issue.   Vince has had it and others have had it melt the belly pan on the sled.  No fix yet.  The new 800 currently is a turd.   The zook was much better motor.  

But I guess since you are gay now, having a flaming sled suits you and momo the homo just right. :owned: 

The motor is bad ass, it’s the clutching that’s lazy. Easily remedied. :bc: 

18 minutes ago, thewayout said:

Except the xcr isn’t a replica wannabe. It’s a unbox, revalve, and take it racing sled and has been advertised as such. 

Wtf does Ben know about that sled, he had a soft ass pro S. The needle shocks on my xcr are excellent. Ask the 4 guys that ride it this weekend. Aside from the same chassis, engine, and ride height, that’s about the only similarity the xcr shares with the pro-s. 

Why the revalve out of the box?  I'd think if you are revalving it, you bought the wrong sled.  Those should be rough trail valved shocks....at consumer level. 

"Take racing" out of the box?  No. From my understanding, it's still not a true race sled.  The only brand that sells a true racer to consumers is Cat with the R-XC.  The amount of work that needs to be done to the XCR before it can be raced is similar to what needs to be done to the RR or XRS.  And even then....that rear won't work on the track as well.

I know, that stings a bit.  But, it stings the guys buying the XRS and the RR that bought it thinking they were buying a real racer also.  So, you are in good company.  

Still, it's a quality rough trail sled for sure.  I'd consider it.  But not over Polaris' real racer....not by a long shot. 

Image result for 2017 polaris 600r race sled

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Why the revalve out of the box?  I'd think if you are revalving it, you bought the wrong sled.  Those should be rough trail valved shocks....at consumer level. 

"Take racing" out of the box?  No. It's still not a true race sled.  The only brand that sells a true racer to consumers is Cat with the R-XC.  The amount of work that needs to be done to the XCR before it can be raced is similar to what needs to be done to the RR or XRS.  And even then....that rear won't work on the track as well.

I know, that stings a bit.  But, it stings the guys buying the XRS and the RR that bought it thinking they were buying a real racer also.  So, you are in good company.  

Still, it's a quality rough trail sled for sure.  I'd consider it.  But not over Polaris' real racer....not by a long shot. 

Dude, aren't you almost 50? The wannabe snocrosser/ditchbanger thoughts should have left your head a long time ago. :lol:

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Dude, aren't you almost 50? The wannabe snocrosser/ditchbanger thoughts should have left your head a long time ago. :lol:

Woolies 75. :dunno:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Yep, all of what you said are valid points and mother nature being a bitch the last 3 years is another big issue. If I ever buy another sled it will be an older sled that I can repair in the other 11 months you can't ride. :lol: zero desire to spend 10 - 15k on the junk they're making today.

Correct, I will keep looking for a Sidewinder , but the used prices just haven't come down enough for me . The old Apex has been very trouble free and gets the job done well , other than the same crappy bearing issues as all snowmobiles.

21 minutes ago, bussman said:

The motor is bad ass, it’s the clutching that’s lazy. Easily remedied. :bc: 

It's a fuel mapping issue it sounds like.  Sleds don't shoot flames from poor clutching :dunno:  :bc: 

34 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

"Take racing" out of the box?  No. From my understanding, it's still not a true race sled.  The only brand that sells a true racer to consumers is Cat with the R-XC.  The amount of work that needs to be done to the XCR before it can be raced is similar to what needs to be done to the RR or XRS.  And even then....that rear won't work on the track as well.

Listen I’m not talking about faggot ass 70 mph no sway bar SX sleds, I’m talking about real cross country sleds, you know the Xross Country Racer that just won the iron dog. Polaris itself has verbally stated that the rush sleds are not good snocross machines, they weren’t designed to be. 

the XCR and sleds like the RR and XRS are two totally different types of sleds. 

Edited by thewayout

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I think the biggest problem from the "oil cap vent" is people overfilling the reseviours.  My PC had the top level a good bit down from the cap.  Never filled it past that...never had a problem.  :dunno:

People have a tendancy to top everything off to the point of running over.  Cap venting only works if the vents aren't filled with oil.  

Pre-mix FTW!!!!  :bc:

Lots of sleds are on their side or upside down on a regular basis.  I put a skee-dooo oil cap on my Pro because it has a better vent design that doesn't get bunged up with oil.  

43 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Like I said on TBP it amazes me that Poo survived through the garbage they developed in the mid to late 2000's.....Fusion 900, FST 750, CFI 800, all complete junk. My guess would be the ATV side has kept the sled side afloat.

Polaris has sold a redonkulous number of mountain sleds since they introduced the Pro in 2011.  Shitty motors and all.  The old 800 has been fairly decent after 2013 - 14.  The newest version has been even better.  

31 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

As a Ski-Doo guy. Anything with Mach Z on the side is a ticking time bomb!

Not mine man she just goes it has triple pipes 

1 hour ago, bussman said:

Never will I buy a first year model again. 

My 06’ F7 was top to bottom better than the 03’. 

Spring checking a 19’ 800RR

:bc: 

cat kicks you in the balls yet you keep coming back for more SMH

1 hour ago, bussman said:

Have you seen Team Polaris lately?

You

Drew

Analer.........

Yeah, not cool at all. :lol: 

:owned:

don't forget woolie -  when you have the godfather of the intrawebs on your team you are clearly WINNING

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

why the fuck anyone spring checks this day and age is puzzling. had they waited a little while they could get the thing much cheaper, especially after crappy winters and sales are hurting.

Hard to find certain models during the year. Sometimes the snow check price is really good, and you usually get a longer warranty. I buy leftovers mostly unless I gotta have a specific one. 

8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

why the fuck anyone spring checks this day and age is puzzling. had they waited a little while they could get the thing much cheaper, especially after crappy winters and sales are hurting.

I usually snow check for the sometimes limited models, longer warranty and usually some kick backs like 500 in accessories etc etc. 

51 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Age is a state of mind, Brah!  I can still dance....just not as long.  They make testosterone shots.  Check into that.  :lol:

26 minutes ago, thewayout said:

Listen I’m not talking about faggot ass 70 mph no sway bar SX sleds, I’m talking about real cross country sleds, you know the Xross Country Racer that just won the iron dog. Polaris itself has verbally stated that the rush sleds are not good snocross machines, they weren’t designed to be. 

the XCR and sleds like the RR and XRS are two totally different types of sleds. 

Oooof!  :lol: Polaris guys are the most fun to trigger.  Easiest too!  Hey, congrats on those couple of wins this year....and last....and the year before....etc....  :lmao:

Now, time to go take your ROUGH TRAIL SLED, revalve the shocks and head down to the lake for some drag racing with other 2 stroke 800's.  They'll be some "deep pow" guys down there too on their long tracks.  They'll revalve their shocks too.  Yeah...it all makes sense.  

Image result for laughing hysterically gif

16 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Honestly, I don't see another new sled ever again.  What for....you can buy a current or year old model with almost no miles on it for 30-40% less.  Ahhhh....but low interest financing....ahhhhhhhh.

Related image

3 hours ago, Kev144 said:

My cat has a similar oil cap.   I have a vented cap I got from hcs member.  You do have to make sure you don't over fill oil on these sleds.   :bc: 

Bussman burned down his cat last time because of a bad oil cap vent.