Check your account email address ×

Cheap Bearings and Crappy Oil Caps

12 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So I remember Ben talking about how all the bearings in his skid on his Polaris went to hell in no time and I was just reading over on HCS and Northstar Rick was answering a guy who has the same issue and he said that while Polaris does use NTN bearings they are the cheap Chinese version and when they pull them apart they are dry as a bone. Throw in the stupid oil cap venting issue and it really makes you wonder WTF these manus are thinking...yeah I know bean counters and bottom lines....but WTF? Also I know it's not limited to Polaris so save it! :lol:

A buddys 16 pros 8 had the same issue. he replaced four after one season and 1700mi.  :dunno:               funny cuz i ran my new 16 switch 1679 mi last season,  left it sitting on a trailer under cover all summer and not one was bad this fall.  ?              AND what is UP with the front a arm bushing too? his bagged out in nothing flat   smh

i can get these for $2.10 a piece so i can imagine what the manus pay when buying thousands.  

E3E2BFEB-C53A-4AA1-9AD6-E54468EA1366.jpeg

Edited by old indy

34 minutes ago, old indy said:

A buddys 16 pros 8 had the same issue. he replaced four after one season and 1700mi.  :dunno:               funny cuz i ran my new 16 switch 1679 mi last season,  left it sitting on a trailer under cover all summer and not one was bad this fall.  ?              AND what is UP with the front a arm bushing too? his bagged out in nothing flat   smh

i can get these for $2.10 a piece so i can imagine what the manus pay when buying thousands.  

The bogey bearings in the ole Yamaha 292 were less then $1 a piece after my Fastenal discount. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The bogey bearings in the ole Yamaha 292 were less then $1 a piece after my Fastenal discount. 

nice, cant beat that huh          Even @ $2  its pretty damn cheap to me.                 :bc:

Just now, old indy said:

nice, cant beat that huh          Even @ $2  its pretty damn cheap to me.                 :bc:

40+ year old plastic bogey wheels.  How much more are you going to invest in them?  Plus, if I keep the old pile, it's getting a skid in it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

yes.  last year.  I'm close to the 2200 mile mark and have to do the same to mine as wolfie is doing to his

Thats not bad mileage for you though isnt it?

Is your area done?

14 hours ago, old indy said:

You can pop those seals out and grease them or use a needle done it multiple times :) 

• Like 1

Just now, Momorider said:

They put shit grease in them not made for low temps somthing a ball inhaling faggot like you wouldn't know :finger: 

Leave the gay talk for your bedroom.  It isn't needed here 

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Thats not bad mileage for you though isnt it?

Is your area done?

I'm use to doing about 1500 miles a season up until the last few years.  Between the baby and conditions this year I was more limited than normal.  Our area is pooched.  For good riding you are pretty well going to Kirkland lake to drop and go.  A few buddies are in Cochrane right now and the trails are mint there.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

4600 miles on this year between the 2 sleds,  2 sets of carbides otherwise flawless knock on wood.  (excluding the self inflicted rollover but that has nothing to do with sled quality) Doo FTW

Aka my sled did what it should do and ran as it should from the factory!   So sad what we consider a win in this sport :lol: 

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

I'm use to doing about 1500 miles a season up until the last few years.  Between the baby and conditions this year I was more limited than normal.  Our area is pooched.  For good riding you are pretty well going to Kirkland lake to drop and go.  A few buddies are in Cochrane right now and the trails are mint there.  

Looking at environment Canada weather....shes warmer then normal there too....gonna be a flood if she warms too fast....there was a shit ton there in Jan....probably dbl now one would think.

11 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Looking at environment Canada weather....shes warmer then normal there too....gonna be a flood if she warms too fast....there was a shit ton there in Jan....probably dbl now one would think.

Might get a big dump of snow this weekend too