Check your account email address ×

Who here actually rides snowmobiles?

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Well my boy and I should be ready to go for the weekend. :thumbsup:

Question, Any of you guys know of a good exhaust spring tool?? fuck those things are a pain right in the fucking ass..

mms_img-167499395.jpg

I took a large blade screwdriver and ground a groove in it, works great :)

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Angry ginger said:

he is probably closer to tug hill from NJ than i am from where i ride most every weekend.  

Usually the NJ peeps ride Old Forge, PA peeps ride the Hill..

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Question, Any of you guys know of a good exhaust spring tool?? fuck those things are a pain right in the fucking ass..

mms_img-167499395.jpg

woody's. I got mine at the local doo dealer. makes things soooo much easier.

41 minutes ago, DAVE said:

A coat hanger will work good in a pinch. :lol:

I made a pretty slick one out of ceiling grid wire and a piece of broom handle. Used it last night as matter of fact. :lol: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

mms_img-167499395.jpg

Boot lace works in a pinch if the angle is right.

17 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

do they make a can that fits that rack or are you just running a hardware store can with it. 

Yup, it fits tha rack. 2.5 gallons. Need to find a small rachet strap.

17 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

mms_img-167499395.jpg

I see you have a poo axys. I was downloading maps onto my display and I dropped the thumb drive into the abyss. So I figure I'll take the exhaust can off and get it out. You aren't kidding about those springs. It took me forever to get that fucker back on. Not in the most convenient places. :lol:

I wouldn't recommend the Motion Pro Spring tool though. Broke mine way too easily. I've been buying all sorts of specialty tools from Chris at C&T for probably about ten years now with zero complaints  :thumb: 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ballers buying brand new sleds using pieces of wire and shit as a spring puller.....SMH.

Yeah, it is kinda funny.  Like  a couple of $12k sleds on a $500 garden trailer.  :lol: But, reality is, many tools are cheap to make and easier to use than what you can buy.  I use a marshmellow roaster fork with one tong cut off and bend up for a spring puller.  Fucking works great and I can manuever it into any position.  The handle makes it real easy.  And disposable!  My clutch compression "tool" is a 12" bolt with a nut and washer attached to a piece of 2x12.  Again...PERFECT!  Clutch holder is 2' piece of rebar inside a pieve of pex capped on both ends.  Again...PERFECT.  I mean, for about $10, I saved about $300 and it works just as good if not better!  I'm such a cheap fuck!  :lmao:

@Rigid1

IMG_2725.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

43 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I see you have a poo axys. I was downloading maps onto my display and I dropped the thumb drive into the abyss. So I figure I'll take the exhaust can off and get it out. You aren't kidding about those springs. It took me forever to get that fucker back on. Not in the most convenient places. :lol:

The lower left one off the Y pipe... fuck me right up the ass, was 30min trying to get that fucker on..:lol: