Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

10 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Most grilling snobs I know weigh north of 300 lbs.  If not now, they will be. :lol: 

Those aren't "grilling snobs", they are Axys riders. :lmao:

8 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I'm fit as a fiddle numnuts.:justsaying:

Pics?  I really need to rub one out.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Those aren't "grilling snobs", they are Axys riders. :lmao:

Pics?  I really need to rub one out.

No plumbers crack when I'm sporting bibs.:junk::lol:Are you saying the old fat guys are trading their Appexes in on the rector set sled?:lmao:

IMG_3241.JPG

47 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I'm fit as a fiddle numnuts.:justsaying:

well are you a grilling snob? :lol:  :dunno:   I kid, I have a buddy my age who eats like a horse and will weigh 160 lbs to the day he dies.  I'm not blessed with those genes.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

well are you a grilling snob? :lol:  :dunno:   I kid, I have a buddy my age who eats like a horse and will weigh 160 lbs to the day he dies.  I'm not blessed with those genes.

my dad is 6'4 an 165 ....eats 5x a day and until he passes out most times :lol: 

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yes,I was just fuckng around. I am a snob when it comes to that Idiot formally Known as FatFuckingDave who doesn't know the difference between grilling and BBQing.:lol:

Edited by Woodtick
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I use to be...and the ole metabulism slowed down I guess.

Just now, Woodtick said:

Yes,I was just fuckng around. I am a snob when it comes to that Idiot formally Known as FatFuckingDave who doesn't now the difference between grilling and BBQing.:lol:

We call things diiferent here... :news:

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Woodtick said:

No plumbers crack when I'm sporting bibs.:junk::lol:Are you saying the old fat guys are trading their Appexes in on the rector set sled?:lmao:

IMG_3241.JPG

Kicked some ass on that float homie!! and way for you, your family, and all the kiddos to play the part..👊 

• Like 1

The old lady is talking about smoking a turkey for Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Any tips?

I'm thinking I'll smoke it for 4 hours then move it to the oven to finish. Everything I've read is that the birds can dry out.

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Any tips?

I'm thinking I'll smoke it for 4 hours then move it to the oven to finish. Everything I've read is that the birds can dry out.

First of all does she know that thanksgiving isnt for another 6 weeks????

2ndly you need to smoke the bird at a higher temp so it doesnt sit to long below 140 degrees or whatever temp bacteria can form below. I think I smoked at about 275 or so.

I'd brine the bird myself and then you wont have to worry about it drying out. In fact I wouldnt mess with a bird without brining it. I brined my last one for 72 hours

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

First of all does she know that thanksgiving isnt for another 6 weeks????

2ndly you need to smoke the bird at a higher temp so it doesnt sit to long below 140 degrees or whatever temp bacteria can form below. I think I smoked at about 275 or so.

I'd brine the bird myself and then you wont have to worry about it drying out. In fact I wouldnt mess with a bird without brining it. I brined my last one for 72 hours

We don't need to restart that debate about how "Canada got TG right and America fucked it up" again.

Doing some googling, I could brine the turkey over night tonight. Everything I read says overnight is max for brining on a turkey.

I'm not going to do any extreme brine with a ton of spice. My parents are in their 80's so I need to keep it mild. Just salt and sugar. See what happens.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

We don't need to restart that debate about how "Canada got TG right and America fucked it up" again.

Doing some googling, I could brine the turkey over night tonight. Everything I read says overnight is max for brining on a turkey.

I'm not going to do any extreme brine with a ton of spice. My parents are in their 80's so I need to keep it mild. Just salt and sugar. See what happens.

For sure....brine it with whatever you like.....it makes a massive difference in the juiciness of the bird. I went with a traditional brine last time ...like a rosemary thyme coriander garlic etc etc

I brined it for 72 hours in a clean cooler that I left out in the garage where it was cold. It worked out very well until I lit the bird on fire :lol: 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

For sure....brine it with whatever you like.....it makes a massive difference in the juiciness of the bird. I went with a traditional brine last time ...like a rosemary thyme coriander garlic etc etc

I brined it for 72 hours in a clean cooler that I left out in the garage where it was cold. It worked out very well until I lit the bird on fire :lol: 

Jeezus, you even wreck holidays..... :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Any tips?

Poor apple juice in the bird. 1/2 a cup every hour or so. I wouldn't do anything over 12lbs on the grill.

6 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

No shit,just soak the thing in the Gulf of Mexico?????

More laughing about lighting bird on fire.... 

I usually just smoke a couple turkey breast for the family. 

Should make Thanksgiving ribs...:lol: