Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

Just now, Woodtick said:

Wrong fuck face fart juice cooking fool. It is called grilling unless you are smoking or using BBQ sauce. Get the fuck out of here with your stupid talk.:pan:

Simmer down. We dont call it grilling in nookland.

9 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I hereby vote Dave off of this fine thread. He shouldn't be able to read it either.:saluting:

2nd.

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Wrong fuck face fart juice cooking fool. It is called grilling unless you are smoking or using BBQ sauce. Get the fuck out of here with your stupid talk.:pan:

Hear! Hear!

:lol:

11 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Hey guys, is it me, or am I not seeing a nice cold Coors Light wrapped in a coozie?? Wtf slacker!! :bc:

It was just to the left of that pic....my bad. I am on to the Drambuie now.....look the fuck out son !!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It was just to the left of that pic....my bad. I am on to the Drambuie now.....look the fuck out son !!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

HO LEE CHIT,  run for cover!!:nuts2:

1 minute ago, FAT DAVE said:

What have you cooked on the bbq lately Ziiterbug?

Nothing lately. Been away for work. Should be home soon though. 

I do have some beef ribs in the freezer that need cooked.... 

On 9/14/2017 at 4:06 PM, f7ben said:

totally disgaree ...the knockoff will cook nearly identically to the ceramic ....the only thing it wont do is last as long. For 20% of the money I'll take the knock off all day long 

That was exactly my point. Why not spend a little more for something that will last forever. It’s not 20% either, L Egg is under $800.

And they don’t cook exactly the same, take the knock off up to 700 to 800 a few times and things start falling apart. Eggs do a better job of holding low temps as well.

Just now, Doos said:

That was exactly my point. Why not spend a little more for something that will last forever. It’s not 20% either, L Egg is under $800.

And they don’t cook exactly the same, take the knock off up to 700 to 800 a few times and things start falling apart. Eggs do a better job of holding low temps as well.

totally incorrect......I've had mine to over 800 many times with no issue at all and it holds heat every bit as well as an egg. I paid $200 for it and have been cooking on it for 27 months now. Its a fantastic bargain. I'll buy another one in a few more years and this one will still be cooking just fine. I dont cover it and if I took better care of it certainly it would last 10 years plus.

Its sheet steel with ceramic wool sandwiched in between....every bit as good as an egg but obviously not as durable weather wise. 

My uncles BGE cracked after about 7 years or so as a side note so they are not impervious to damage 

Just now, f7ben said:

totally incorrect......I've had mine to over 800 many times with no issue at all and it holds heat every bit as well as an egg. I paid $200 for it and have been cooking on it for 27 months now. Its a fantastic bargain. I'll buy another one in a few more years and this one will still be cooking just fine. I dont cover it and if I took better care of it certainly it would last 10 years plus.

Its sheet steel with ceramic wool sandwiched in between....every bit as good as an egg but obviously not as durable weather wise. 

My uncles BGE cracked after about 7 years or so as a side note so they are not impervious to damage 

Yours is miraculous then. Those that have owned both would disagree, the knock offs are notorious for losing their seal after high temp cooks. And I have said many times, you can make good food on them, but they’re in no way better.

Nobody said the ceramics are impervious to damage, I cracked my firebox on both the egg and the Joe.  Thing is after 20 or a 100 years I can walk into a dealer and get a new one nothing out of pocket. Buy smart once and enjoy it for a lifetime.

The accessories you have available with the egg make it a no brainer.

3 hours ago, dz246 said:

Were not sure about bigly smales.... :news:

3 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

What have you cooked on the bbq lately Ziiterbug?

2 hours ago, dz246 said:

Nothing lately. Been away for work. Should be home soon though. 

I do have some beef ribs in the freezer that need cooked.... 

Well, well....maybe you shouldn't be talking smack there laddy buck! :slapping:

Daughter and I ordered dinner from this joint tonight...Pig Marbles, Half Rack for her and Chopped Brisket Sandwich for me...good stuff.

https://www.pigseatinribs.com/menu

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

Daughter and I ordered dinner from this joint tonight...Pig Marbles, Half Rack for her and Chopped Brisket Sandwich for me...good stuff.

Wow thats some decent prices on that menu. :bc:

4 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

Wow thats some decent prices on that menu. :bc:

And they just moved into a brand new building this past spring yet he has kept prices reasonable...local kid as well...food is great.:thumb:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

I still will..... :lol::bc:

Been to 5 different bbq joints on this trip, not impressed with any so far.... :sad:

9 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

shoulda gone with the burnt ends,  nothing better

menu looks good I like BBQ a lot.  Still keep it in my diet i just watch the sides and only order a half rack when i do ribs and I have never been a big sauce guy preferring the rub flavoring

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

menu looks good I like BBQ a lot.  Still keep it in my diet i just watch the sides and only order a half rack when i do ribs and I have never been a big sauce guy preferring the rub flavoring

I just tell myself...."no one is forcing you to eat the whole thing" :lol:

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

too delish to leave any meat on the plate,  i go and drop the cornbread in the trash before i sit down otherwise thats getting hoovered up as well.

Take the rest to go! :lol:

31 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

The Burnt Ends are already on the list for next time....some of those smoked wings as well.:thumb:

17 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

Wouldnt it be easier to cook them on a propane bbq?

Dont get you americans fascination with charcoal.

Cook yes, smoke no.

Even with the pellet smoking devices for propane or electric grills it's hard to make them match wood pellet or charcoal smokers/grills.

Neal

16 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

The Burnt Ends are already on the list for next time....some of those smoked wings as well.:thumb:

Loved smoked wings-  wings is about the only thing I've smoked this summer,  prob been 6 weeks since i used mine-  maybe I'll do something good up for this weekend.