Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

I agreed to make some burnt ends for Christmas, but it's not going to be the typical burnt ends from brisket.  This past summer we made them using pork belly, and they seem to have gone over really well (especially with the kids, who seem to be the most picky).  My buddy had "The Gospel" seasoning from Meat Church and then we just used Baby Ray's Sweet & Spicy to glaze them.  Just curious what some of the "veteran smoker guys" have used for seasoning and/or sauce, that's been well received by the people you're feeding to.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I agreed to make some burnt ends for Christmas, but it's not going to be the typical burnt ends from brisket.  This past summer we made them using pork belly, and they seem to have gone over really well (especially with the kids, who seem to be the most picky).  My buddy had "The Gospel" seasoning from Meat Church and then we just used Baby Ray's Sweet & Spicy to glaze them.  Just curious what some of the "veteran smoker guys" have used for seasoning and/or sauce, that's been well received by the people you're feeding to.

Good stuff

IMG_20201214_174022949.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I have tried several different seasonings and sauces and as you know there’s a lot of choices.  For pork I’ve settled on Blue’s Hog seasoning along with the occasional finishing rub.  I also use their champions sauce and can buy it in a gallon jug.  I use several different sauces.  Pic is a half gallon but does come in gallons also 

13DEF6E4-F1FD-4085-AF67-B10774407F51.jpeg

FE3340DB-2710-4A53-BEFD-13F35320A272.jpeg

Edited by SnowRider
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bontz said:

look at the top of the page,  utz is the shit.   both rubs and sauces

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

look at the top of the page,  utz is the shit.   both rubs and sauces

What the Ginger said. @Seatofmypants
has perfected rubs and sauces from his years in the catering biz. He even won 1st place in the Jack Daniels invitational with one of his sauces.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ckf said:

What the Ginger said. @Seatofmypants
has perfected rubs and sauces from his years in the catering biz. He even won 1st place in the Jack Daniels invitational with one of his sauces.

@Bontz Pork belly burnt ends glazed in  Utz memphis sauce would be awesome.

dammit I need to order another bottle.... :lol: 

• Like 2

• Advertising Member
13 hours ago, Bontz said:

13 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Good stuff

IMG_20201214_174022949.jpg

13 hours ago, SnowRider said:

I have tried several different seasonings and sauces and as you know there’s a lot of choices.  For pork I’ve settled on Blue’s Hog seasoning along with the occasional finishing rub.  I also use their champions sauce and can buy it in a gallon jug.  I use several different sauces.  Pic is a half gallon but does come in gallons also 

13DEF6E4-F1FD-4085-AF67-B10774407F51.jpeg

FE3340DB-2710-4A53-BEFD-13F35320A272.jpeg

Give our stuff a run!  We are closing on on 36,000 bottles for the year!  It's been an incredible ride so far.  I attached a few food pics to make your hungry.

Kirsten-Smith-Photography-Shaina-Randy-Wedding1119.jpg

Kirsten-Smith-Photography-Shaina-Randy-Wedding1105.jpg

Kirsten-Smith-Photography-Shaina-Randy-Wedding0841.jpg

Kirsten-Smith-Photography-Shaina-Randy-Wedding1340.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

Give our stuff a run!  We are closing on on 36,000 bottles for the year!  It's been an incredible ride so far.  I attached a few food pics to make your hungry.

I will.  No problem.  Glad to try new product.  

1 hour ago, Seatofmypants said:

I was going to, I had an order going, then the $20 in freight turned me off...

Call Spera's meat market in Cicero, NY get them to carry your products. They love supporting small local businesses like themselves..

• Advertising Member
23 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Call Spera's meat market in Cicero, NY get them to carry your products. They love supporting small local businesses like themselves..

Shipping is unbelievably expensive.  I almost never cover the actual shipping costs.  We could mark the product up in an effort to hide that but I would rather not.  Sorry the shipping ended up causing you not to order.

Just now, Angry ginger said:

rub,  low and slow spritz them to keep moisture.  Then you can wrap them and finish with some liquid to braise them usually wine and broth.  3 hour or so cook time.  

Worth the effort? Never eaten them either

17 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

Shipping is unbelievably expensive.  I almost never cover the actual shipping costs.  We could mark the product up in an effort to hide that but I would rather not.  Sorry the shipping ended up causing you not to order.

Ehhh, get in touch with FedEx ground and have a rep come see you. I negotiated a new shipping rate for my company, set up with a 48% discount our average package 25lbs or less is about $10 to a business, $13 for a residential address

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Dont sell yourself short. Say fuck it once and eat the shipping and give it a try.

• Like 1