***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

Page 11 wtf you slackers:dunno:, managed to climb out of truck early and fired up the pit boss couple of steaks with some nice fat content :bbq:

20210526_153017.jpg

I did ribs and chicken a few days ago for us and the in-laws. Plan is to smoke a whole chicken tomorrow.

On 4/11/2021 at 9:59 AM, Bontz said:

Not necessarily BBQ, but I did some pizzas the other night with the GMG pizza attachment.  For those of you who like woodfired pizzas, and have the patience to convert the smoker from BBQ to the oven attachment ... it's a pretty sweet setup.  I know we'll be doing some get-togethers this year with this pizza setup (and beer, of course!).

I use a 14 inch cast iron pan in the treager for pizza. works excellent. 

21 minutes ago, ckf said:

I did ribs and chicken a few days ago for us and the in-laws. Plan is to smoke a whole chicken tomorrow.

trying to figure out what to do over the weekend, been extremely busy at work and short handed, this is the 1st time I have even thought about cooking anything in 3 weeks

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

trying to figure out what to do over the weekend, been extremely busy at work and short handed, this is the 1st time I have even thought about cooking anything in 3 weeks

We're camping this weekend and bringing the smoker along for us guys to get away from the wives and kids to have something to "check on".  Ribs (and shrimp) one night, and then I think we're gonna do some wings for an app one day, and pig shots another day.  One of our buddies is talking about bringing his travel Traeger and doing some burnt ends ... made from SPAM!! LOL   It'll be interesting to see how those turn out, and what the women say about them (we won't tell them it's Spam, until they eat ... and hopefully like them) :lol2:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bontz said:

We're camping this weekend and bringing the smoker along for us guys to get away from the wives and kids to have something to "check on".  Ribs (and shrimp) one night, and then I think we're gonna do some wings for an app one day, and pig shots another day.  One of our buddies is talking about bringing his travel Traeger and doing some burnt ends ... made from SPAM!! LOL   It'll be interesting to see how those turn out, and what the women say about them (we won't tell them it's Spam, until they eat ... and hopefully like them) :lol2:

I can't recall ever having Spam. Nicole and I were talking about it a month or so ago.....so I picked up a can.  It's been sitting in the cupboard ever since  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I can't recall ever having Spam. Nicole and I were talking about it a month or so ago.....so I picked up a can.  It's been sitting in the cupboard ever since  :lol:

It's definitely more common around here ... I'm located about 90 miles from Austin, MN (home of Spam / Hormel).  I haven't had it in probably 25 years so it'll be interesting to see if my buddy actually DOES make the burnt ends with it.  It was a good drunk food when we were a lot younger ... cut it up and fry it and just keep on drinking LOL

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bontz said:

It's definitely more common around here ... I'm located about 90 miles from Austin, MN (home of Spam / Hormel).  I haven't had it in probably 25 years so it'll be interesting to see if my buddy actually DOES make the burnt ends with it.  It was a good drunk food when we were a lot younger ... cut it up and fry it and just keep on drinking LOL

Me and the wife fry spam for breakfast 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Good to see that you have lowered your standards and rejoined the group :bc:

You should boot half the HCS assholes and JT and then we’d all be happy!!!!

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, f7ben said:

There wouldn't be anyone left :lol:

Good to see you here :bc:  

• Gold Member
35 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Fuck off pal.  You see what the zebras did to MN vs Vegas?  What a crock of shit.  Hey @Bontz those pork belly bites are my go to for appetizers.  

IMG_20200524_115351637.jpg

IMG_20200524_162741778.jpg

IMG_20200703_192040492.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Fuck off pal.  You see what the zebras did to MN vs Vegas?  What a crock of shit.  Hey @Bontz those pork belly bites are my go to for appetizers.  

IMG_20200524_115351637.jpg

IMG_20200524_162741778.jpg

IMG_20200703_192040492.jpg

Yah I saw.....it’s what I expected. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 5:11 PM, Bontz said:

So how was the burnt spam?

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

It was good!  Even the wives were shocked when we told them it was spam. 

It sounds good!  But....I like spam anyway.  Sometimes I grab a can of that and some good ol' fashioned Oscar Meyer bologna and white trash it up!  DELISH!  My wife says I'm gross.  

• Haha 2