Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

• Platinum Contributing Member
27 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Worth the effort? Never eaten them either

I love em just grilled or with a rub. Most people braise them but they are so tasty without anything. Have had em in restaurants where the braise destroyed the taste.

• Advertising Member
22 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Dont sell yourself short. Say fuck it once and eat the shipping and give it a try.

He had to have a pretty large order, most of our shipping is 14-15 ish. I had a $180 order ship yesterday for $28 in shipping.

2 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

He had to have a pretty large order, most of our shipping is 14-15 ish. I had a $180 order ship yesterday for $28 in shipping.

I’ll probably try a couple samplers.  But what are your suggestions for baby back and brisket rubs?  I also saw you have a mustard based sauce which I like.  Probably gonna try all your sauces :thumbsup:

• Advertising Member
5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I’ll probably try a couple samplers.  But what are your suggestions for baby back and brisket rubs?  I also saw you have a mustard based sauce which I like.  Probably gonna try all your sauces :thumbsup:

Not trying to up-sell at all but all the rubs are good.  All of our stuff is stuff I use while catering so they are battle proven lol. That being said... Prime on beef (or any protein you aren't putting bbq on) its like Montreal Steak on steroids, The Works on pork, chicken, and as a base layer on beef also, Bold is our dark horse. You can use it the same way as The Works just has a little kick. I used it on Tacos the other night instead of the seasoning in the box, it was life changing.

:bc:

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

For pork I prefer The Works rub & Memphis sauce. Nicole doesn't like as much heat. :(

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

Not trying to up-sell at all but all the rubs are good.  All of our stuff is stuff I use while catering so they are battle proven lol. That being said... Prime on beef (or any protein you aren't putting bbq on) its like Montreal Steak on steroids, The Works on pork, chicken, and as a base layer on beef also, Bold is our dark horse. You can use it the same way as The Works just has a little kick. I used it on Tacos the other night instead of the seasoning in the box, it was life changing.

Can you send me a couple of the large Prime when you get a chance? I'm out.BTW ... It was excellent on the Thanksgiving bird. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

I love em just grilled or with a rub. Most people braise them but they are so tasty without anything. Have had em in restaurants where the braise destroyed the taste.

the ones i posted a pic of were just sprayed with some wine/broth during the cook and kept in the tray to keep from drying out.  They were delish.  

32 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

I’ll probably order all your rubs - my 15 year old and I like a little kick while the others prefer milder rubs.  I’m trying to simplify my selections and about the only staples I have so far are the Blues Hog Pork/Chicken rub, Blues Hog Champions Sauce, and Cash Cow Brisket rub.  

Looking forward to trying your stuff.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

• Advertising Member
5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I’ll probably order all your rubs - my 15 year old and I like a little kick while the others prefer milder rubs.  I’m trying to simplify my selections and about the only staples I have so far are the Blues Hog Pork/Chicken rub, Blues Hog Champions Sauce, and Cash Cow Brisket rub.  

Looking forward to trying your stuff.  :thumbsup: 

Blues hog and Cash Cow are both great products!! Ours should more then hang with that quality!

• Like 1

I use a local guys rubs and products. He has a similar story as the sea foam Feller. I’m not going to post his link because this is seafoams territory.  Sweet baby ray has a big restaurant near me and it sucks. :bc:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I don't think so Tim....

We've arranged a trade :bc:

first of all who's Tim and secondly what you two "traded" is more information than I want to know:hdchr:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

first of all who's Tim and secondly what you two "traded" is more information than I want to know:hdchr:

How did I know your mind would go right to the gutter. You need to stop hanging out with Freddy and Minnie so much.

8 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Christmas presents arrived earlier than expected .... UTZ delivery!!  Thanks @Seatofmypants

Got a delivery myself last friday. I have tries the sauces and love em. ALso ordered the rubs this time. 

• Like 3

i send the full mix of rubs and sauces to one of my employees whose a big cook.   He made a pot roast with the prime rub and can't stop raving about it.  He called me sunday night after making it and again this morning when i talked to him he had to rave about it again.  

• Like 3

• Advertising Member
2 hours ago, Bontz said:

Christmas presents arrived earlier than expected .... UTZ delivery!!  Thanks @Seatofmypants

Glad everything arrived!!!  Its always dicey sending glass, but expensive lessons are usually best....  Did you try any of the product? :bc: 

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Got a delivery myself last friday. I have tries the sauces and love em. ALso ordered the rubs this time. 

Let me know when you start playing with them.  Tacos with Bold (without the packet in the shells) is life changing.  Prime on beef, just don't over do it....and The Works works on most everything. :bc: 

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i send the full mix of rubs and sauces to one of my employees whose a big cook.   He made a pot roast with the prime rub and can't stop raving about it.  He called me sunday night after making it and again this morning when i talked to him he had to rave about it again.  

Were these my products?  :bc:  EDIT just saw that he used Prime.  Awesome!!!

Edited by Seatofmypants
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

Glad everything arrived!!!  Its always dicey sending glass, but expensive lessons are usually best....  Did you try any of the product? :bc: 

Going to do some pig shots on Thursday and then the kids want ribs and shrimp on Friday so will definitely be trying out some of the seasoning and sauces ... kind of like a kid on Christmas morning, I'm excited to give these "new toys" a try!! :yum:

• Like 1

• Advertising Member
3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Going to do some pig shots on Thursday and then the kids want ribs and shrimp on Friday so will definitely be trying out some of the seasoning and sauces ... kind of like a kid on Christmas morning, I'm excited to give these "new toys" a try!! :yum:

Best of luck to you!!!  I think they will serve you well, here locally it has really taken off.  I have 7 orders to deliver between today and tomorrow, and we will be picking up our 4th pallet this week of product.....its nuts.  Try Shore Thing on those grilled shrimp.  Ribs should be The Works with Honey Q or Comp on top.  Beef and naked chicken pair best with Prime.  Memphis is insane on beef and any red meat.  You'll figure them out, they may be a little different from what you are used to but they set up awesome.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

Let me know when you start playing with them.  Tacos with Bold (without the packet in the shells) is life changing.  Prime on beef, just don't over do it....and The Works works on most everything. :bc: 

Were these my products?  :bc:  EDIT just saw that he used Prime.  Awesome!!!

yup,  it was the xmas gift i sent him.  

• Like 1