***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

14 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

decided to do up some ribs today, ordered some fixin's from seatofmypants, rubbed with his "The Works" rub going to finish them with the competition"181" sauce

20200718_121153.jpg

Looks good :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Nice!  :bc:

I forgot which pellet grill/smoker you have John...Camp Chef? I watched a review of the new Weber Smoke Fire pellet grill and it wasn’t good...surprised considering it’s a Weber. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I forgot which pellet grill/smoker you have John...Camp Chef? I watched a review of the new Weber Smoke Fire pellet grill and it wasn’t good...surprised considering it’s a Weber. 

Yes, a Camp Chef Smoke Pro SG.  I LOVE it!!!  Same here on the Webber. From what I've read they aren't likely to catch on fire if you keep them clean, lol.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yes, a Camp Chef Smoke Pro SG.  I LOVE it!!!  Same here on the Webber. From what I've read they aren't likely to catch on fire if you keep them clean, lol.

Yep...that’s exactly it and it doesn’t take very many cooks before it becomes a hazard! The same reviewer did the Camp Chef Woodwind and said it was the best the grill he had used since his Camp Chef Smoke Pro...sounds like they are the ticket! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yep...that’s exactly it and it doesn’t take very many cooks before it becomes a hazard! The same reviewer did the Camp Chef Woodwind and said it was the best the grill he had used since his Camp Chef Smoke Pro...sounds like they are the ticket! 

The firepot clean out on the Camp Chef's is a VERY nice feature.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

I clean my Pit Boss every 10 cooks or so never any issues, takes about 15 mins to do

The Webber pellet grills achieve much higher temps than most pellet grills. With those temps comes unwanted and rather large flare ups,  lol

• Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 5:47 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

i was considering a woodwind then bought a new weber propane so now i don't need the sear grill so I am looking at the one john has with the wifi

• Like 2

Chicken & spinach pizza tonight.  I think we have the crust to our liking and the right Alfredo for the white sauce pizza. We're still trying to find the right pizza sauce for the red sauce pizza.

IMG_20200720_175324-01.jpeg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, ckf said:

Tried Works rub on a ribeye tonight.  Loved it. I think it will go good on veggies too.

IMG_20200731_171700-01.jpeg

Looks good...just ordered a bottle of that rub plus bottles of Shore Thing and Gold Rush. 👍🏼

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Finally pulled the Weber Kettle out of the shed and did a New Yorker.....turned out great.

About fucking time!!!!!

Try the rub on beef when you get it. It WORKS great!!!! 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ckf said:

About fucking time!!!!!

Try the rub on beef when you get it. It WORKS great!!!! 

Will do...that strip seemed to taste better done over charcoal.👍🏼

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

yesterday they dropped my 4 pack of memphis

Memphis is my favorite and the Honey Q is good for when I'm looking for sweet, or trying to balance the heat from thew rub with something sweet.

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Will do...that strip seemed to taste better done over charcoal.👍🏼

Agreed. I've always preferred charcoal or wood over gas. 

• Like 1