***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

1 hour ago, Seatofmypants said:

I got you .....LOL

Yup.  Was worth no discount since the mustard did not break this time.  Have not had a chance to use the rubs yet but they smell awesome and are good on the "finger taste" test.   :yum:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ARTIE KATZ said:

Yup.  Was worth no discount since the mustard did not break this time.  Have not had a chance to use the rubs yet but they smell awesome and are good on the "finger taste" test.   :yum:

We use Prime and Works the most. Although the Bold was excellent for tacos.

• Like 1

I have some boneless country style ribs on the smoker. I usually use Works for the rub, but I am using Prime this time. I'm thinking UTZ Memphis for the sauce for a little kick.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Have a boneless turkey breast on the kettle smoking with apple wood and the snake method..

I love smoked turkey :bc:

28 minutes ago, Skeeter21i said:

Using a different type of stick burner today...

20210404_111157.jpg

That's extremely popular here in VT and NH lately. I have several friends that are in to it.

• Like 1

Fired up the smoker for the first time.  Did wings on Friday and brisket on Saturday. 

Wings were good, brisket was not as tender as I'd have liked it to be, but it had good flavor and wasn't like chewing on my Red Wing.

Not sure which brisket method I should have followed, but it wasn't the one I did, I guess.

4 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Fired up the smoker for the first time.  Did wings on Friday and brisket on Saturday. 

Wings were good, brisket was not as tender as I'd have liked it to be, but it had good flavor and wasn't like chewing on my Red Wing.

Not sure which brisket method I should have followed, but it wasn't the one I did, I guess.

I run mine at 250, then wrap in foil when it hits 165-170 internal temp. Pull when it's probe tender, usually somewhere around 200-210. Let it rest in a cooler an hour or 2 

• Advertising Member
On 3/24/2021 at 2:29 PM, ckf said:

I have some boneless country style ribs on the smoker. I usually use Works for the rub, but I am using Prime this time. I'm thinking UTZ Memphis for the sauce for a little kick.

How were the ribs?  Country style ribs are my all time fav.....

:bc: 

11 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

How were the ribs?  Country style ribs are my all time fav.....

:bc: 

They came out great!  Prime is awesome on anything. :bc:

Not necessarily BBQ, but I did some pizzas the other night with the GMG pizza attachment.  For those of you who like woodfired pizzas, and have the patience to convert the smoker from BBQ to the oven attachment ... it's a pretty sweet setup.  I know we'll be doing some get-togethers this year with this pizza setup (and beer, of course!).

22 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Got some country ribs going on the kettle shortly

They cook much faster, and are just as good, if not better than a full size pork butt :bc:

Just now, Bontz said:

Not necessarily BBQ, but I did some pizzas the other night with the GMG pizza attachment.  For those of you who like woodfired pizzas, and have the patience to convert the smoker from BBQ to the oven attachment ... it's a pretty sweet setup.  I know we'll be doing some get-togethers this year with this pizza setup (and beer, of course!).

I don't have an attachment for my Camp Chef, but I cooked a lot of pizza in it last summer. I can get it up to 450°-500° most of the time and the pizzas came out great. We even baked in ours when it was to warm to run the oven. Fresh Blueberry muffins in the morning without having to heat up the house on a warm morning was awesome! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Finally got this to Canada.

0DDD4972-976C-4A20-8741-BE0A2E790B8A.thumb.jpeg.532abe33da38b8ad4b68d4c50d87a865.jpeg

Nice! Those are my go to sauces and all three rubs have their place with Prime being my favorite.The Bold is excellent for Taco 🌮 :bc:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...