Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

2 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Its pulling timing or hitting rev limiter. One or the other.  Sled is not dying just pulling back.. Hard WFO pulls.. Guessing timing as its loaded way down with weight.. Boostane applied still did it.

Drain the fuel and get fuel from a reliable station or get a premium fuel - You can run 110 in these sleds as the stoich value of the fuel is close to what 91+ octane is , youll have better detonation resistance and the computer will advance the timing to give you a better feeling on the butt dyno. On older engines leaded higher octane fuel didnt help because it would not change timing like the newer stuff will.

You're pulling timing in WFO pulls because its sensing detonation - the other thing to check is the torque of the sensors - they were notorious in the zuke motor being sensitive , but if it was over torqued it will do what you're saying regardless of octane but it should have been a problem from the get go - thats why I wondered about fuel.

OR... just unplug the TSS

:roflcrying:

fwiw... this conversation kinda jumped over from a different one.  I speculated the ECU was adding fueling or pulling timing. 

which started about here... 

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/topic/41138-fb-humor-season-is-back/page/47/#comment-1698062

Just now, fortune46x said:

Drain the fuel and get fuel from a reliable station or get a premium fuel - You can run 110 in these sleds as the stoich value of the fuel is close to what 91+ octane is , youll have better detonation resistance and the computer will advance the timing to give you a better feeling on the butt dyno. On older engines leaded higher octane fuel didnt help because it would not change timing like the newer stuff will.

You're pulling timing in WFO pulls because its sensing detonation - the other thing to check is the torque of the sensors - they were notorious in the zuke motor being sensitive , but if it was over torqued it will do what you're saying regardless of octane but it should have been a problem from the get go - thats why I wondered about fuel.

Yea familiar with the torque on the knock sensor issue from years ago.. I was surprised when it did with boostane.. This exhaust and fuel map is further on the edge on this sled IMO. It does not feel or sound FAT. I will drain gas and see if I ever get a chance to drive it again. Only run 91 on all sleds/ small engines.  Its been doing it since mile 0.. I did not mash it and hold forever but definitely mashed it lots in 250 miles.. It sure seems as though if I ease into the pull slowly it don't do it.  That's why I was thinking rev limiter but i think that's out as it loaded with weight and RPM are under 8300 NOW after adding weight. Hammer it and it does it around 70-80 mph.. Not talking dead stop pulls more like rolling into them.. ALSO it top ends way better if you EASE into the throttle slowly compared to mashing it.. It not doing it every pull by any means but something is causing it..

Thanks for reply

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

OR... just unplug the TSS

:roflcrying:

fwiw... this conversation kinda jumped over from a different one.  I speculated the ECU was adding fueling or pulling timing. 

which started about here... 

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/topic/41138-fb-humor-season-is-back/page/47/#comment-1698062

O i think your possibly onto something.. This thing feels and sounds like its not FAT with fuel and oil by any means.. IMO

1 minute ago, jonlafon1 said:

Yea familiar with the torque on the knock sensor issue from years ago.. I was surprised when it did with boostane.. This exhaust and fuel map is further on the edge on this sled IMO. It does not feel or sound FAT. I will drain gas and see if I ever get a chance to drive it again. Only run 91 on all sleds/ small engines.  Its been doing it since mile 0.. I did not mash it and hold forever but definitely mashed it lots in 250 miles.. It sure seems as though if I ease into the pull slowly it don't do it.  That's why I was thinking rev limiter but i think that's out as it loaded with weight and RPM are under 8300 NOW after adding weight. Hammer it and it does it around 70-80 mph.. Not talking dead stop pulls more like rolling into them.. ALSO it top ends way better if you EASE into the throttle slowly compared to mashing it.. It not doing it every pull by any means but something is causing it..

Thanks for reply

One other thing to check - plugs sometimes will do stupid things after that oil rich break in.

Sorry guys ill keep facts off the hcs corner of the site from here on out lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

One other thing to check - plugs sometimes will do stupid things after that oil rich break in.

Sorry guys ill keep facts off the hcs corner of the site from here on out lol

Funny thing is yesterday I got a new set out and gapped them on the bench. so i would remember to drop a new set in... AGREE .. lots of oil on break in.. 

Edited by jonlafon1

6 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Check your throttle cable. Some claim the cable Strech's. 

*stretch

also stupid, as it has nothing to do with the issue

6 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

Not sure what this has to do with the engine cutting timing because its knocking?  Explain please. 

nothing at all, he's a moron.

6 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Twisting the throttle while getting on the hammer can set off the safety switch is what I have read. 

Another lie, you can't read.

On 1/21/2024 at 2:20 AM, ZR6000RR said:

I'm sure it does, comparing IFP to what ever the engine eater has. My ATAC rides better than my 2020 with IACT (old name, same thing), and that sled was butter smooth.

5 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

My yard is not long enough. That is all the riding I have been doing. I go by Cat's break in schedule anyway. Just unplug your switch as this has been a known issue forever. Not over my head what so ever. If it still persists, me personally would talk to my dealer but this is one thing you can actually test, and it takes seconds. 

Which one is a lie, your catalyst rides better, or your lawn isn't big enough to to be able to tell anything..

Post a video of you unplugging the safety switch, taking less than a minute

5 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:
Can a bad throttle position sensor cause hesitation?

During your normal driving, consider inspecting your sensor if you experience any of these throttle position sensor symptoms: Hesitations during acceleration. Poor power. Difficulty and/or delay in gear shifting.

This is not only wrong, but totaly not related in the least..  It's even more moronic than the average moronic bullshit youy post.  You don't even know what a TPS is

4 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

When does this FULL break in stop?  I'm curious because the symptoms I speak of are very random and have continued all the way to 250 miles on the sled..

Owners manual states 3 hours, but it may be a typo as the literature isn't exactly spectacular this year, so it could be the same 6 hours as it was in the past.  Only way to tell for sure is to plug into the sled with dealer diag software and see if its out of breakin in, or still in

3 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

If it is pulling timing, a code should show up. 

No it won't.  Wrong as usual.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, krom said:

*stretch

Which one is a lie, your catalyst rides better, or your lawn isn't big enough to to be able to tell anything..

This is not only wrong, but totaly not related in the least..  It's even more moronic than the average moronic bullshit youy post.  You don't even know what a TPS is

Owners manual states 3 hours, but it may be a typo as the literature isn't exactly spectacular this year, so it could be the same 6 hours as it was in the past.  Only way to tell for sure is to plug into the sled with dealer diag software and see if its out of breakin in, or still in

Fuck off you lying fuck!

50 minutes ago, krom said:

*stretch

It was 3 hours in 2018, 2020 and 2022. I doubt they changed it. You will know when you hit it as idle smoke disappears, and the motor gets crisp.

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

It was 3 hours in 2018, 2020 and 2022. I doubt they changed it. You will know when you hit it as idle smoke disappears, and the motor gets crisp.

TPS. Throttle position sensor. I have never had to disconnect my throttle safety switch,  but it states that if you have hesitation. It is worth looking into. Not that hard to check. But you, being a fucking liar and total ass hole, I knew you would show up. 

1 hour ago, krom said:

*stretch

36 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Fuck off you lying fuck!

:owned:

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

You were owned,? You were not even in the conversation. Double win for me!

You ever feel like you're a man on a deserted island and no one is coming to rescue you?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

TPS. Throttle position sensor. I have never had to disconnect my throttle safety switch,  but it states that if you have hesitation. It is worth looking into. Not that hard to check. But you, being a fucking liar and total ass hole, I knew you would show up. 

Drunk at 6 , quoting yourself calling yourself a “fucking liar” and “total asshole” 

Fuck I bet you’re fun at parties 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

Funny thing is yesterday I got a new set out and gapped them on the bench. so i would remember to drop a new set in... AGREE .. lots of oil on break in.. 

the twin to my sled fouled out a set of plugs this weekend. Dealer called and asked if mine had any issues with that and it didn’t. However my 2015 600 did foul a set of plugs just after brake in and it was a bear to start and finally died. New plugs it was good to go. 

• Like 1

I got digging through my garbage pile and found a rusted bolt that fits in the hole for the belt removal tool. I am going to use that to slightly open the sheaves and “set the belt deflection looser” to improve the hole shot as the clutch will be able to grip the belt better with out it hanging so far out the secondary. Then I will get a shorter belt from like a 1971 Polaris colt so it will run deeper into the secondary and let this thing top end a thunder cat. Should cost me 5 bucks at the junk yard tomorrow. 

Edited by Not greg b
  • Haha 1

wait, you aren't supposed to leave the tool threaded into the secondary all the time?  :dunno:

good to know, was going to clean my power valves after removing the TSS 

• Like 1

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

clean my power valves

You must not be using the correct oil??  .  

Go fast or be last?  :yahoo:

Your throttle is just "cocked" wrong maybe ? :smack: