Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

9 minutes ago, mnstang said:

For what? I didn't hear of any belt issues last year?  

It's at least as durable as your previous procross chain case abomination.  And I'd say more durable just because there's no pos tensioner.  And again, lighter, simpler, easier access of service.  No downsides I see to belt drive except maybe if you're a big time freedom sledder tuna there aren't gearing options yet to chase your tenths of a mph on your 600 across the lake.  Oh no.

believe it or don't believe it, makes no difference to me but it's happening.

26 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

believe it or don't believe it, makes no difference to me but it's happening.

Lol what is happening?  You still haven't said anything.  I'm on the various catalyst groups and honestly have not seen one belt failure.  Not saying there hasn't been one, but there's no fundamental issue.  Aftermarket will always make the latest and greatest fix products, look at thunder, that's how they stay in business.  Where are all these issues you're the master internet researcher you should have them at the ready?  

How many cvt belts have blown compared to drive belts?  10x?  100x?  Better scrap the cvt?  How many procross chain cases blew up last year?  Keep reading bud.

5 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Lol what is happening?  You still haven't said anything.  I'm on the various catalyst groups and honestly have not seen one belt failure.  Not saying there hasn't been one, but there's no fundamental issue.  Aftermarket will always make the latest and greatest fix products, look at thunder, that's how they stay in business.  Where are all these issues you're the master internet researcher you should have them at the ready?  

How many cvt belts have blown compared to drive belts?  10x?  100x?  Better scrap the cvt?  How many procross chain cases blew up last year?  Keep reading bud.

I've already said enough... :news:

For consumers I see the belt drive as a big win. Near zero maintenance and lightweight.

I could see in some racing applications it not being an ideal setup. I wonder if we will see the belt drive abandoned in those racing disciplines in favor of a traditional chaincase? Or perhaps a different belt drive design with a different tension adjustment system?

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I've already said enough... :news:

Just need to get your daily hate comments in for the day I see.  Good luck with that.  Jealousy is a mf'er

7 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Just need to get your daily hate comments in for the day I see.  Good luck with that.  Jealousy is a mf'er

it's a fact... But just because you know nothing about it, please... do carry on.  9_9

21 hours ago, Not greg b said:

IMG_4681.jpeg

Looks like they spent way more on marketing, and racing in 1970, than they are today....

1 hour ago, krom said:

Looks like they spent way more on marketing, and racing in 1970, than they are today....

5 bucks would be more than they spend now. I see the 600s are making it to dealers already. Must have run out of people that will buy the dirt line 

On 5/6/2024 at 8:43 AM, mnstang said:

Such anger. Who made fun of you at the urinal today? :junk: