Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

19 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Yes I think that’s a good idea. I will say I’m going to stick with the stock helix and see if I can get it to work. It just shifts out so fast. I need to load up the adjustable slightly more in the middle hole. I’m trying to get it to up shift slower. Usually a shallow helix will to this.  That 48 might be the ticket.  But I think your going to need MORE weight then the 60 stockers.  Just some thoughts from the few miles I got on it.  It’s definitely getting stronger and pulling more weight with more miles.  

I adjust the throttle cable on mine and it will pull 8400rpm easily. Top end is 89-90 needs weight and different secondary set up 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I adjust the throttle cable on mine and it will pull 8400rpm easily. Top end is 89-90 needs weight and different secondary set up 

Yea. Not surprised on throttle cable.  Was waiting for more miles and stretch. I was doing 80+ today at 3/4 throttle!  No BS 

12 hours ago, fortune46x said:

I have some 60 gram weights sitting on the shelf here for the adapt and a 43 straight helix.. I want to get more than my 6 miles on before I start playing.

I want to know what it does with the 43 so hurry up 😂

37 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Yes I think that’s a good idea. I will say I’m going to stick with the stock helix and see if I can get it to work. It just shifts out so fast. I need to load up the adjustable slightly more in the middle hole. I’m trying to get it to up shift slower. Usually a shallow helix will to this.  That 48 might be the ticket.  But I think your going to need MORE weight then the 60 stockers.  Just some thoughts from the few miles I got on it.  It’s definitely getting stronger and pulling more weight with more miles.  

I have a set of 65s out of an 800 I’ll try with the 48 straight and 155/222 and get back to you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Palu49 said:

I have a set of 65s out of an 800 I’ll try with the 48 straight and 155/222 and get back to you.

I bet you can pull these weights you speak of with 500+ miles on motor. And THAT helix.  Dont  be surprised if it’s doggy with low miles. BUT this motor is liking weight with more miles.  IMO. It’s as if if just hammers to 8250-8350 every time I hit !  And that’s with more weight added 2 times. It’s just EATS it up. I’m not stopping until it gets lazy or rpm drop below 8000. I like your plan sir!  
:music1:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

road back to back with my Polaris. The ifp sled rides like shit at any speed vs the poo. If you are ordering a catalyst for 25 order it with any shock package other the ifp. 

change the fucking springs

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Also don’t attempt to lift the sled with a track stand by the stock front bumper. Ripped that fucker off this mourning. It ended up in the pile of non essential broken parts. So far we have head light trim, a bumper and a carbide. 

• Sad 3

15 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Also don’t attempt to lift the sled with a track stand by the stock front bumper. Ripped that fucker off this mourning. It ended up in the pile of non essential broken parts. So far we have head light trim, a bumper and a carbide. 

You not very bright are you? Look at how the bumper is attached to the sled. Not rocket science, well 1st grade science for you it seems.

45 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You not very bright are you? Look at how the bumper is attached to the sled. Not rocket science, well 1st grade science for you it seems.

I dont need that bumper where I am going. If you can’t pick the sled up by it I don’t need it. Glad I found that out before I got the sled buried up to the head light 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You’d think arctic cat would have the wherewithal to attach a picking up/impact point to something more than plastic…

• Like 1

Just now, Palu49 said:

You’d think arctic cat would have the wherewithal to attach a picking up/impact point to something more than plastic…

You want it to give, not the bulkhead. The mounts on the Pro Cross standard bumper, I would not use as a lift point either. Greg is just destructive by nature it seems.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I dont need that bumper where I am going. If you can’t pick the sled up by it I don’t need it. Glad I found that out before I got the sled buried up to the head light 

I am guessing you dont lift with your knee's either. There is a youtube video that showed two guys lifting an M with just the front and rear bumpers. Funny that they did not rip it off. Bad things follow certain folk.

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I am guessing you dont lift with your knee's either. There is a youtube video that showed two guys lifting an M with just the front and rear bumpers. Funny that they did not rip it off. Bad things follow certain folk.

How would that be different than a track stand? 

Jesus. Have another drink. Every race series lifts the rear by the bumper to warm the sled up. 

it’s a shame my catalyst didn’t come with a this is not a lifting point sticker on the bumper. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

Jesus. Have another drink. Every race series lifts the rear by the bumper to warm the sled up. 

it’s a shame my catalyst didn’t come with a this is not a lifting point sticker on the bumper. 

Talking about the front bumper dipshit! Fuck! Are you mental?

7 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Talking about the front bumper dipshit! Fuck! Are you mental?

For an “engineering tech” at your advanced age I have to assume 

1. you come on here when your pissed up

2. you’re completely retarded. 

do you want me to put this into solidworks run stress analysis and prove either of these points ? It’s a few mouse clicks away - then again your auto desk said the catalyst was a photo shop of a skidoo. So ???

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

For an “engineering tech” at your advanced age I have to assume 

1. you come on here when your pissed up

2. you’re completely retarded. 

do you want me to put this into solidworks run stress analysis and prove either of these points ? It’s a few mouse clicks away - then again your auto desk said the catalyst was a photo shop of a skidoo. So ???

As long as I piss you off. It's so fucking worth it. Rear bumper is attached to tunnel. Stock bumper is not a very good lift point on any sled. Get a fucking lift, or do what smart people do and lay the sled on its side. Use some protection, so you dont scuff up the plastic and spindles. No booze tonight. Had a board meeting for one of the clubs. Might ride tomorrow. Wear a helmet when you get on the short bus waterhead.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

As long as I piss you off. It's so fucking worth it. Rear bumper is attached to tunnel. Stock bumper is not a very good lift point on any sled. Get a fucking lift, or do what smart people do and lay the sled on its side. Use some protection, so you dont scuff up the plastic and spindles. No booze tonight. Had a board meeting for one of the clubs. Might ride tomorrow. Wear a helmet when you get on the short bus waterhead.

So you’re retarded then. Point taken. 

wait … herf and the other cat racers/engineers are at eagle river lifting on the bumpers. Should we take action and tell them to. Not lift on the bumpers ?! Oh the humanity. Better tell them they’re dumb and not as smart as a guy comparing a catalyst to a skidoo in auto desk. 

doesnt piss me off - but calling the self proclaimed smartest guy in the room a retard sure triggers you. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

So you’re retarded then. Point taken. 

wait … herf and the other cat racers/engineers are at eagle river lifting on the bumpers. Should we take action and tell them to. Not lift on the bumpers ?! Oh the humanity. Better tell them they’re dumb and not as smart as a guy comparing a catalyst to a skidoo in auto desk. 

doesnt piss me off - but calling the self proclaimed smartest guy in the room a retard sure triggers you. 

water head. Off, don't know you. Second, the Cat racers are a lot smarter than old Greg. You don't trigger me, whatever that means. I just responded to your responses. Only Greg would find a way of ripping off the front bumper. Maybe he hopped on the sled and started jumping it. Just an assumption, of course.

14 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

water head. Off, don't know you. Second, the Cat racers are a lot smarter than old Greg. You don't trigger me, whatever that means. I just responded to your responses. Only Greg would find a way of ripping off the front bumper. Maybe he hopped on the sled and started jumping it. Just an assumption, of course.

I fixed it with my stick welder. I melted some plastic and Burt some holes in the bulkhead but it’s not going anywhere. By the way a Polaris rides smoother than a catalyst