Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

I fixed it with my stick welder. I melted some plastic and Burt some holes in the bulkhead but it’s not going anywhere. By the way a Polaris rides smoother than a catalyst 

I'm sure it does, comparing IFP to what ever the engine eater has. My ATAC rides better than my 2020 with IACT (old name, same thing), and that sled was butter smooth.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Also don’t attempt to lift the sled with a track stand by the stock front bumper. Ripped that fucker off this mourning. It ended up in the pile of non essential broken parts. So far we have head light trim, a bumper and a carbide. 

you're supposed to lift it by the hood...

duh

6 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I'm sure it does, comparing IFP to what ever the engine eater has. My ATAC rides better than my 2020 with IACT (old name, same thing), and that sled was butter smooth.

What's better than butter smooth?

You're the worst liar ever. Dumb as fuck 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

You not very bright are you? Look at how the bumper is attached to the sled. Not rocket science, well 1st grade science for you it seems.

Attaching a lifting point to just plastic is a design fault, not a feature.  the only  "not rocket science" is to know that the bumper should be attached to structure, not plastic.

11 hours ago, Palu49 said:

You’d think arctic cat would have the wherewithal to attach a picking up/impact point to something more than plastic…

:justsaying:

11 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

You want it to give, not the bulkhead. The mounts on the Pro Cross standard bumper, I would not use as a lift point either. Greg is just destructive by nature it seems.

God you are fucking stupid, every sled ever built has been designed to be lifted by the front bumper. 
Not surprised you think you can't lift a procross by the front bumper..The procross bumper is strong enough to hang the entire sled by, its metal, and bolted to one of the strongest parts of the chassis (which is also metal)

11 hours ago, fortune46x said:

it’s a shame my catalyst didn’t come with a this is not a lifting point sticker on the bumper. 

:smack:

11 hours ago, fortune46x said:

For an “engineering tech” at your advanced age I have to assume 

1. you come on here when your pissed up

2. you’re completely retarded. 

do you want me to put this into solidworks run stress analysis and prove either of these points ? It’s a few mouse clicks away - then again your auto desk said the catalyst was a photo shop of a skidoo. So ???

it has to be #2.  As he is that stupid at all times, doesn't matter if he's posting from his house, phone, or work, morning, noon, or night.

He is far, far too ignorant to have the slightest clue what solid works is, let alone FEA

10 hours ago, fortune46x said:

So you’re retarded then. Point taken. 

wait … herf and the other cat racers/engineers are at eagle river lifting on the bumpers. Should we take action and tell them to. Not lift on the bumpers ?! Oh the humanity. Better tell them they’re dumb and not as smart as a guy comparing a catalyst to a skidoo in auto desk. 

doesnt piss me off - but calling the self proclaimed smartest guy in the room a retard sure triggers you. 

Someone better get ahold of herf, and ben, to tell them Jimwit said they aren't supposed to lift it by the front bumper

10 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

water head. Off, don't know you. Second, the Cat racers are a lot smarter than old Greg. You don't trigger me, whatever that means. I just responded to your responses.

anyone have a moron to english translation for the first bold?

Everyone knows you are a moron, and a liar, but second bold is taking that to a level never seen by mankind.

On 5/3/2022 at 9:14 AM, ZR6000RR said:

Not triggered by anything. Just tired of ass hats who think they know everything. That would be you for one! We call them around here, Fucktards! Just go on now and get on with your pathetic life. 

10 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Sure it does....  You know for a fact that a sled you've hardly ridden is way way better than a sled you haven't ridden for 2 years....

Edited by krom

What’s the best way to clean salt out of the air box? After a stick poked a hole in the frog skin, the air box got filled with a lot of salt and water off the road. Hauling it on an open trailer with no cover wasn’t the best idea. The tether also flew off it, so it anyone sees it along us2 let me know 

Edited by Not greg b
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

What’s the best way to clean salt out of the air box? After a stick poked a hole in the frog skin, the air box got filled with a lot of salt and water off the road. Hauling it on an open trailer with no cover wasn’t the best idea. The tether also flew off it, so it anyone sees it along us2 let me know 

I have an idea... 

skiforce0217.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I happen to know a guy that has access to any size of snow blade or snow pusher. You got the glue handy? 

no... the A-arm bumper is brilliant.  why didn't Cat think of that?

imagine how many LED lights we could put on there since the headlight sucks as a bonus

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

You are a walking fucking disaster. Unreal how shit follows you. Did you aim for the tree? 

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

You are a walking fucking disaster. Unreal how shit follows you. Did you aim for the tree? 

you should see him unload it... 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

No. I took your advice and trailered it instead of riding it 10 miles down dirt and bare pavement to get to good snow. I probably shouldn’t listen to your advice. It causes me unnecessary issues. 

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you should see him unload it... 

it’s a work of art. I dropped one of my rr sleds off a tractor when it was brand new un loading it.  I was pissed as it scratched my tractor. Sled was fine though. 

8 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

No. I took your advice and trailered it instead of riding it 10 miles down dirt and bare pavement to get to good snow. I probably shouldn’t listen to your advice. It causes me unnecessary issues. 

Or watch what the fuck you are doing!

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

it’s a work of art. I dropped one of my rr sleds off a tractor when it was brand new un loading it.  I was pissed as it scratched my tractor. Sled was fine though. 

you should probably trade it in now before doing any more damage for a race proven Viper or ZR 1049.... or is it a 7000(?) before next winter.

probably your last chance to get a better looking Blue Procross with a bitchin' TRIPLE decal on the tunnel.  :thumbsup:

MY25_ZR_7000_137_ES_IFP_profile-right-1-

2024-SRViper-L-TX-GT-1.JPG.webp

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you should probably trade it in now before doing any more damage for a race proven Viper or ZR 1049.... or is it a 7000(?) before next winter.

probably your last chance to get a better looking Blue Procross with a bitchin' TRIPLE decal on the tunnel.  :thumbsup:

That bottom sled is uglier than crn, weird fucking name, monkey face that he is now hiding.

12 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Was talking to my dad about the 7000 yesterday. We had 2, never again. He really liked my catalyst but won’t buy one as there isn’t a dealer anywhere close to here because textron is amazing. Probably going to get a 650 for next season as my uncle wants to buy the 7000 mile 800 for some reason. 

23 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Or watch what the fuck you are doing!

Next sled I stud I am using my friend’s excavator to lift it by a chain around the handle bars so I can stand under it. A lot easier than on the ground. 

18 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

That bottom sled is uglier than crn, weird fucking name, monkey face that he is now hiding.

still have it... it's my 'I can't believe how fucking dumb Jim Ramstad is' avatar... 

monkey.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Was talking to my dad about the 7000 yesterday. We had 2, never again. He really liked my catalyst but won’t buy one as there isn’t a dealer anywhere close to here because textron is amazing. Probably going to get a 650 for next season as my uncle wants to buy the 7000 mile 800 for some reason. 

he never raced one on ice though... 

XCR 650 with Cross Country Springs... because they under sprung them as well.

9 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Next sled I stud I am using my friend’s excavator to lift it by a chain around the handle bars so I can stand under it. A lot easier than on the ground. 

go with a short risah for that, and red loctite on the allen bolts

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

8 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Just admit it. Deep down inside, you are a fucking idiot, who has no clue. Last sled I broke was a 1971 Puma 440. Lost it on a curve during Thanksgiving vacation. Broke my collar bone and snapped a spindle. 40 plus years ago. I am the anti Greg, I guess.

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Just admit it. Deep down inside, you are a fucking idiot, who has no clue. Last sled I broke was a 1971 Puma 440. Lost it on a curve during Thanksgiving vacation. Broke my collar bone and snapped a spindle. 40 plus years ago. I am the anti Greg, I guess.

Shit, I damn near piled up a less then 400 mile old Cataract on the lake today, twice.

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Shit, I damn near piled up a less then 400 mile old Cataract on the lake today, twice.

Well, after asking around, you are a shitty racer. 

Just now, racinfarmer said:

You aren't breaking any news here or telling me anything I don't already know.

Everyone knows. Strange kind of weird vibe.