Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Why revalve what you call perfect?  Interesting he didn't need to revalve the Polaris.

There is no perfect shock calibration for all riders.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Ever thought of revalving, or are you really this stupid?

No a for sale sign is cheaper. Cat could have their shit together and not send out 2 of the shittiest suspension options for dealer stock sleds. One set is up as cheap as possible for a 2 year old and the other has 2,000 dollars of un need electric bull shit to move a knob. 

Edited by Not greg b
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

No a for sale sign is cheaper. Cat could have their shit together and not send out 2 the 2 shittiest suspension options for dealer stock sleds. One set is up as cheap as possible for a 2 year old and the other has 2,000 dollars of un need electric bill shit to move a knob. 

I am guessing you probably cranked your springs up to the top. The ATAC cost $1,500.00 and was worth every penny to me. So nice not to have to chip the ice and snow away to get to the fucking knob. 

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

I am guessing you probably cranked your springs up to the top. The ATAC cost $1,500.00 and was worth every penny to me. So nice not to have to chip the ice and snow away to get to the fucking knob. 

I haven’t touched the pre loads as there is zero point. It came from the factory with them cranked to the moon 

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Why revalve what you call perfect?  Interesting he didn't need to revalve the Polaris.

My Polaris isn’t even a top end model. It’s the basic bitch xc with walker evans on it. I have been told the vr1 is way better than the one I have which was available at the time 

Just now, Not greg b said:

I haven’t touched the pre loads as there is zero point. It came from the factory with them cranked to the moon 

You sound like a little old lady who thinks her coffee is to hot and her ice cream is to cold. Seriously, get some Anger Management help, and quit backing your trailer into tree branches. Grab some tools and adjust for fuck sake. If not, then STFU! Your Polaris came with week skid springs btw. 

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

You sound like a little old lady who thinks her coffee is to hot and her ice cream is to cold. Seriously, get some Anger Management help, and quit backing your trailer into tree branches. Grab some tools and adjust for fuck sake. If not, then STFU! Your Polaris came with week skid springs btw. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

You sound like a little old lady who thinks her coffee is to hot and her ice cream is to cold. Seriously, get some Anger Management help, and quit backing your trailer into tree branches. Grab some tools and adjust for fuck sake. If not, then STFU! Your Polaris came with weak skid springs btw. 

Lol this ifp sled can’t be fixed with adjustments. It would be like replacing a flat tire with a flat tire on car. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

yours has the exact same undersprung $38/$33 pussy springs on it mr ditch banger.  do you believe because you have adjustable dampening it's actually better?

monkey.thumb.jpg.7f90fda4bb5423888585b6175864bee4.jpg

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

at the minimum it likely needs the Crnr2Crnr patented spring package for $300

:lolz:

Just now, Not greg b said:

Lol this ifp sled can’t be fixed with adjustments. It would be like replacing a flat tire with a flat tire on car. 

You can soften them up, or you can re-valve them. Racers re-valve there brand new sleds before they even touch the snow. 

You can soften them up, or you can re-valve them. Racers re-valve there brand new sleds before they even touch the snow. 

racers don't use the cheapest fucking shocks and springs they can get... whyRUsoFngst00piD? 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

yeah @Not greg b, get those cheap shit stock shocks revalved... :roflcrying:

Cheap Chinese ZR IFP

F shocks $99ea

FT shock $349

RT shock $148 

RXC

F shocks $570ea

FT shock $890

RT shock $870 

someone want to fire up the Kashima debate again?  

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Cheap Chinese ZR IFP

F shocks $99ea

FT shock $349

RT shock $148 

RXC

F shocks $570ea

FT shock $890

RT shock $870 

what oil do you run in your shocks?

27 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

It was worth $1500 so you could run them on 1??  Derp.

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

Cheap Chinese ZR IFP

F shocks $99ea

FT shock $349

RT shock $148 

RXC

F shocks $570ea

FT shock $890

RT shock $870 

It is a base sled, dipshit. Price point model. Pretty much the same shocks that came on your sno Pro 500 without the Fox sticker on them. 

• Haha 1

It is a base sled, dipshit. Price point model. Pretty much the same shocks that came on your sno Pro 500 without the Fox sticker on them. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

Got a question along with a observation.. So on the RXC the rear torsions are like super stiff.. Like to stiff for me much less the wife that is 75 pounds lighter.. When I sit on the RXC(220 dressed) it don't move at all on number 3.. Its moves 1/2 inch on 2 and maybe 2-3 inches on 1..  I need some softer springs out back.. I see the other 137 cattle ass have softer springs.. Would I be able to run the softer springs from the other 2 137 cattle asses?   OR i have a set of stock torsions out of a 2021 8000?  Would those work in this catalyst sled? Thanks guys.. 

Edit.. I see the 2021 8000 has the same springs as the 2024 rxc?  never would have guessed that.. those wont work 

Edited by jonlafon1
  • Like 1

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

tenor.gif

Sorry but I am not wrong. Stock shocks on the 2011 pro 500 were IFP Fox. Just the label separates the shocks. Sad little monkey.

Just now, jonlafon1 said:

Got a question along with a observation.. So on the RXC the rear torsions are like super stiff.. Like to stiff for me much less the wife that is 75 pounds lighter.. When I sit on the RXC(220 dressed) it don't move at all on number 3.. Its moves 1/2 inch on 2 and maybe 2-3 inches on 1..  I need some softer springs out back.. I see the other 137 cattle ass have softer springs.. Would I be able to run the softer springs from the other 2 137 cattle asses?    Thanks guys..  

I thought in the service manual, it had a list of springs, or they used to have. 2-3 is a pretty good starting point though on sag. Springs should also take a set at some point. I would go setting 1 and keep an eye on your sag. 

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

Sorry but I am not wrong. Stock shocks on the 2011 pro 500 were IFP Fox. Just the label separates the shocks. Sad little monkey.

@krom already went over this... but since you're retarded are they the same body diameter and piston size, same valving, same anything?  

the only IFP's on either of my five hundos are the front on the '500'... which have been sprung differently with custom valving from Carver.  

Level 1... on your suspension setting and general knowledge.  if only there was a 0.5 

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@krom already went over this... but since you're retarded are they the same body diameter and piston size, same valving, same anything?  

the only IFP's on either of my five hundos are the front on the '500'... which have been sprung differently with custom valving from Carver.  

Level 1... on your suspension setting and general knowledge.  if only there was a 0.5 

I said stock. Not added.