Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

Every time you've claimed they are sold out, there have been catalysts on the website for sale.

I know you are a moron, but for the love of christ, if you are going to lie about something as stupid as that, its easy to check first

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, krom said:

Every time you've claimed they are sold out, there have been catalysts on the website for sale.

I know you are a moron, but for the love of christ, if you are going to lie about something as stupid as that, its easy to check first

Just telling you that every sled had a name on the hand grop. Dont much care what you think.

4 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Alex came up and we finished the testing 2 weeks ago. It turned out better than expected. Here is the 5th gen prototype. The finished product is amazing but I can’t share those pictures yet. 

IMG_3336.jpeg

IMG_3335.jpeg

I'll give it an A if you make the handguards out of the busch light boxes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

I'll give it an A if you make the handguards out of the busch light boxes. 

I was going to, but after I emptied the boxes to make handgurds, climbing up something to install was not a good idea. I tried 

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Maybe this one is new?  :dunno:

Heading to a bball game soon, will watch l8r

I hadn't seen that video before, but I think it's footage from last spring.  I don't think our neighbors to the north have any more snow than we do right now.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 9:16 AM, favoritos said:

I'm glad you found the info and posted.  It's a bear trying to dial in and adjust these things without riding.

I had the RR sleds dialed in for my style over the years.  I figured it wouldn't hurt to use those numbers as a cross reference starting point.

First of all, I'll note that the new RXC isn't set up race ready like the old versions.  Personally I'm fine with that.  Rider weight becomes a factor and some of the super stiff setups make it hard to use full suspension travel except in big hits.

Ski shock springs on the new RXC are same specs as the RR.

The new RXC FTS spring is the same setup I used on the old RR sleds.  They came with a stock initial rate that was too light and it slammed through the travel.  I always swapped out the spring for the one now on the RXC.  I'll see how valving works out, but it feels dang close to the RR.

The RXC rear springs spec the same as the RR sleds on paper.  It is the same spec description used on quite a few previous sleds.  With the the skid changes, it acts much stiffer.  Spring part numbers are different, so I'm wondering if there is something I'm missing.

Either way, the Catalyst RXC is incredibly compliant except on the rear arm.  I've done a lot of floor setups over the years and it's notable.  We'll see how it breaks in.  Right now, it gets lock up stiff when the front arm couples.  I'm already opening up coupling to use the rear arm more effectively.

found another torsion option... ZR 137 ATAC uses 0.375 95degree 15.2lb part # 4704-152 & 4704-153 

fwiw 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

I hadn't seen that video before, but I think it's footage from last spring.  I don't think our neighbors to the north have any more snow than we do right now.

On the OFSC website there are 2 short stretches of trails marked as yellow, that's generally borderline passable. One south of Kapuskasing and the other near Hearst in Ontario. Not worth the effort to go. This week end weather forecast should help. I'm personally located on Sturgeon Lake near Fenelon Falls, Ont. Lake just froze a week ago and there is a whopping 1" of ice. This could be the worst start to a year ever.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tripleflipper said:

On the OFSC website there are 2 short stretches of trails marked as yellow, that's generally borderline passable. One south of Kapuskasing and the other near Hearst in Ontario. Not worth the effort to go. This week end weather forecast should help. I'm personally located on Sturgeon Lake near Fenelon Falls, Ont. Lake just froze a week ago and there is a whopping 1" of ice. This could be the worst start to a year ever.

ice thickness seems to be as big or bigger detriment than the snow coverage.  every swamp, creek, river and lake around here (n cent wi) is several inches to a foot short of a safe thickness.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 2

Ice thickness shouldn't be an issue after this weekend.  This "Round 2" storm that's brewing looks like a real treat for the road trip to Milwaukee this weekend (winds concern me way more than the snow).

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Ice thickness shouldn't be an issue after this weekend.  This "Round 2" storm that's brewing looks like a real treat for the road trip to Milwaukee this weekend (winds concern me way more than the snow).

For groomers it will still be an issue in many areas 

53 minutes ago, Jerr2Star said:

Looks like they are riding the 2025 press sleds or out getting photos of them for marketing.

Exactly one year ago, I was there, mostly standing around waiting for my turn to ride the 2024's in front of the cameras.  I don't know if they go to Togwotee every year, but that's where we were last year.  The professional riders don't appreciate standing around, it's kind of tedious.  I didn't mind it at all, and they can call me back any time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

found another torsion option... ZR 137 ATAC uses 0.375 95degree 15.2lb part # 4704-152 & 4704-153 

fwiw 

That is interesting info.  I have one of those to ride and compare.

I honestly think the rear arm on the RXC has a hair too much spring for a balanced setup. 

Finally found a place to look up parts for these things.  I wonder if those two rear arms are a different configuration with angle and spring mounts?  The RXC has a beefer arm with reinforced link mounts and different spring sleeves.  I'm sure I'd need the correct sleeves at the very least to keep the spring from turning into a clanger.

23 minutes ago, favoritos said:

That is interesting info.  I have one of those to ride and compare.

I honestly think the rear arm on the RXC has a hair too much spring for a balanced setup. 

Finally found a place to look up parts for these things.  I wonder if those two rear arms are a different configuration with angle and spring mounts?  The RXC has a beefer arm with reinforced link mounts and different spring sleeves.  I'm sure I'd need the correct sleeves at the very least to keep the spring from turning into a clanger.

on the RXC rear 'spring back' have you fiddled with the rebound settings?  I've found once I get the proper springs, sag, and dampening set by just going a click up or down on the rebound can change spring back characteristics quickly.  

on my brother's 21 RXC I spent some time dialing in the skid after he left and found a good balance of dampening, rebound and overall balance for my weight and the type of riding I enjoy.  thankfully there's a good high speed ditch with a variety of driveway approaches to test and tweak on just a mile from work.  

must say... the 21 RXC flies and lands more planted and stable than I thought it would.  it'll be interesting to run them side by side and with a SP if/when @fortune46x can get his up here... or maybe even @jonlafon1or someone else close that would want to do a three generation comparison.

for parts lookup or part details for 2024's use...

https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-cat-parts

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

8 hours ago, p51mstg said:

It looked like the exact same conditions they filmed in last spring. The video had practically zero riding, just the sled going back and forth like the spring video. Supertrax magazine sucks and their YouTube channel is sucking even worse. 

I have fiddled around with rebound.  The rear shock was a springer when I got the sled.  Way too much rebound.  That little screw is touchy.  I even get a little nervous about over cranking the bugger. 

The shock package is surprisingly similar to the RR setup minus Kashima coat, from what I can determine.  Valving is very close and the big guys won't mind the stiffer RXC rear arm.  They still have a lot of range to adjust up or down on pressure and valving.  Lighter riders are right at the limit of adjustment on that end.  Honestly, the RXC is more compliant than I expected.  The rear arm setup stands out because it cranks tight faster and coupling really highlights the settings.

I got spoiled with the RR sleds because I had a bigger range of usable adjustments right out of the crate.  I could dial those things dead nuts on for my weight and still adjust up and down for conditions.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, favoritos said:

I have fiddled around with rebound.  The rear shock was a springer when I got the sled.  Way too much rebound.  That little screw is touchy.  I even get a little nervous about over cranking the bugger. 

The shock package is surprisingly similar to the RR setup minus Kashima coat, from what I can determine.  Valving is very close and the big guys won't mind the stiffer RXC rear arm.  They still have a lot of range to adjust up or down on pressure and valving.  Lighter riders are right at the limit of adjustment on that end.  Honestly, the RXC is more compliant than I expected.  The rear arm setup stands out because it cranks tight faster and coupling really highlights the settings.

I got spoiled with the RR sleds because I had a bigger range of usable adjustments right out of the crate.  I could dial those things dead nuts on for my weight and still adjust up and down for conditions.

unless I'm running washboards (almost never) I don't seem to have to fiddle much with any of my shock settings which aren't necessarily stiff but can take a hit and remain compliant.  if so it's usually just one click up or down.  the Axis shocks are amazing imo.   

honestly, I don't really enjoy fiddling with shocks on the trail so this QS5 concept is interesting but they're probably cheap shocks to begin with and there's a slim chance in hell they'll have rebound adjustments.  so maybe with appropriate springs and some tinkering they could work. guess we'll have to wait and see.  still feel there's always ground to be made up first in the spring department before the dampening comes into play.  some of us just enjoy tinkering I guess.  :bc:

2 hours ago, favoritos said:

Thats because Kashima is a *gimmick* on anything that isn’t a float