Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

3 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Yes, but I really wanna hear your explanation of how it isn’t.

They are way more fluid on compression and rebound. Tested it. Just for you. You do have to take the coil spring off. Guessing you probably would leave it on. 

Edited by ZR6000RR

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

They are way more fluid on compression and rebound. Tested it. 

Wtf are you talking about lmao. Kashima is the gold anodized coating on the shock body and reservoirs. A QS3R whether black or gold anodizing is the same shock. So tell me how a shock body coating makes any difference on a coil over shock that only has friction on the shaft and seal? Makes sense on a float or bike fork but not on a coil over application.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Wtf are you talking about lmao. Kashima is the gold anodized coating on the shock body and reservoirs. A QS3R whether black or gold anodizing is the same shock. So tell me how a shock body coating makes any difference on a coil over shock that only has friction on the shaft and seal? Makes sense on a float or bike fork but not on a coil over application.

It is a shaft coating.

22 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

What do you think a piston does inside a shock?

12 minutes ago, mnstang said:

What do you think a piston does inside a shock?

You think the type of anodizing makes a true noticeable difference in how the piston moves through something covered in oil?

8 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

You think the type of anodizing makes a true noticeable difference in how the piston moves through something covered in oil?

To 99.99% of the riders and even most of the racers out there, not a chance in hell.

You can get a DLC to replace the Kashima coating that does the same thing, with a more reliable supply chain and is cheaper.

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

To 99.99% of the riders and even most of the racers out there, not a chance in hell.

You can get a DLC to replace the Kashima coating that does the same thing, with a more reliable supply chain and is cheaper.

Sure. Sounds like a sales pitch,  but continue.

6 hours ago, favoritos said:

That is interesting info.  I have one of those to ride and compare.

I honestly think the rear arm on the RXC has a hair too much spring for a balanced setup. 

Finally found a place to look up parts for these things.  I wonder if those two rear arms are a different configuration with angle and spring mounts?  The RXC has a beefer arm with reinforced link mounts and different spring sleeves.  I'm sure I'd need the correct sleeves at the very least to keep the spring from turning into a clanger.

The rxc uses the same front arm as the 129 and the same rear arm as the snow cross sled. The 137 doesn’t use either of them. 

• Like 1

Out of brake in. I re set it at the last gas station fill up. Sled is slow from 80 up. Runs 91-92 at 8250-8300 rpm held wide open for like 1/2 a mile. See roughly 10.5 so far. Waiting to see what this one will average. 

IMG_3462.jpeg

IMG_3443.jpeg

IMG_3444.jpeg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

It is. Google that shit!

It’s a hard anodizing process that results in a gold color. I have a 17 and a 24 RXC in my garage right now and neither of them have gold shafts so I guess I must be the retard and you’re correct……

oh wait, ones called black ano and ones called kashima, ones body and reservoir is black ones gold.

IMG_2970.jpeg

IMG_2971.jpeg

10 minutes ago, wrinkly balls said:

Thinking about Kashima coating my balls so that they slide back a forth on the seat better!!!!

Can’t use it on your balls but I have some good news…… It’s a shaft coating according to the resident brochure reader.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Palu49 said:

Can’t use it on your balls but I have some good news…… It’s a shaft coating according to the resident brochure reader.

You are wrong. 

16 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Out of brake in. I re set it at the last gas station fill up. Sled is slow from 80 up. Runs 91-92 at 8250-8300 rpm held wide open for like 1/2 a mile. See roughly 10.5 so far. Waiting to see what this one will average. 

IMG_3462.jpeg

IMG_3443.jpeg

IMG_3444.jpeg

Way over reving.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I did not say that.  I was pointing out there is friction between the piston and body.   You were claiming kashima coating does nothing on anything but a float because you think the only friction source is where the shaft goes through and that is wrong.  The piston is the business end and there's big time pressure on both sides and it is directly applied to where the seals slide in the body.  The shaft friction is going to be minimal in comparison when under working pressure.  When shocks get hot, that's due to friction and it's not shaft friction.

Anyway, "true noticeable" will come down to the person.  But that's not what was being discussed.  Whether or not you can notice it doesn't mean it's the same.  It is measureable.

and used exclusively in the bike industry by Fox, Kashima Coat is an anodised layer of molybdenum disulphide imbedded into the surface of an alloy. This provides enhanced lubrication and a harder wearing surface, increasing shock smoothness and

38 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I did not say that.  I was pointing out there is friction between the piston and body.   You were claiming kashima coating does nothing on anything but a float because you think the only friction source is where the shaft goes through and that is wrong.  The piston is the business end and there's big time pressure on both sides and it is directly applied to where the seals slide in the body.  The shaft friction is going to be minimal in comparison when under working pressure.  When shocks get hot, that's due to friction and it's not shaft friction.

Anyway, "true noticeable" will come down to the person.  But that's not what was being discussed.  Whether or not you can notice it doesn't mean it's the same.  It is measureable.

Yes I should have said measurable. Maybe I’ll buy 2 shock dynos and run a black ano and kashima QS3R on them side by side for an hour wide open and record temps and oil cleanliness at the end. Bet there’s no or almost no difference and that’s at an extreme condition. Vince VanSlyke talks about there being negligible performance difference between the two on Gunners podcast and he’s part of the people selling it.

28 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

and used exclusively in the bike industry by Fox, Kashima Coat is an anodised layer of molybdenum disulphide imbedded into the surface of an alloy. This provides enhanced lubrication and a harder wearing surface, increasing shock smoothness and

Interesting that that’s not what your argument was, here’s more kashima bodies with chrome shafts though.

IMG_2975.png

8 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Arctic cat fucked up then. Should I file a warranty claim?

They will tell you, no. Talk to your dealer.  Best way to rectify issues.

5 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Yes I should have said measurable. Maybe I’ll buy 2 shock dynos and run a black ano and kashima QS3R on them side by side for an hour wide open and record temps and oil cleanliness at the end. Bet there’s no or almost no difference and that’s at an extreme condition. Vince VanSlyke talks about there being negligible performance difference between the two on Gunners podcast and he’s part of the people selling it.

Interesting that that’s not what your argument was, here’s more kashima bodies with chrome shafts though.

IMG_2975.png

Shafts are right there. Silly you.