Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

20 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Clutching mostly hid the issue on my 800, but yeah it is most definitely a mapping issue.

I tried to hide it on mine with clutching. I was not successful. The wife was running this sled 2021 800, and she got somewhat used to it.. When I drove it, it pissed me off and said enough back to a 600.  I even had it flashed and it was better but just not acceptable to me. Only thing I hated about the sled besides not being able to easily get at the clutch side power valve.. That was a major engineering snafu. 

44 minutes ago, Doug said:

At least add ribs between the towers

adapt.team2.jpg.d0be411b741d0bb9c235626eb784c6fc.jpg

Cat has really dropped the clutch cover AND BUSHING issue for years.. I have not run a cat with a stock clutch cover on it for around 15 years.. I would have thought by moving the towers inward would help but then another cheap ass cover. Seen plenty of pics of cracked ones(adapt) but guessing most are from over torque on the bolts.. But the tower flex really effects clutch performance

7 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

I tried to hide it on mine with clutching. I was not successful. The wife was running this sled 2021 800, and she got somewhat used to it.. When I drove it, it pissed me off and said enough back to a 600.  I even had it flashed and it was better but just not acceptable to me. Only thing I hated about the sled besides not being able to easily get at the clutch side power valve.. That was a major engineering snafu. 

Yeah it was less than ideal.  Bummer because it was a nice motor as far as power delivery and everything.  I thought about adjusting my TPS but never did and sled is gone.  I thought if you turned it up slightly (still in spec) that it may give more fuel based on that and fix issue but never tried it 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

Thats it I'm taking mine off and putting a comet on there.

Tricky Ricky recommends a powerbloc.  Oh and he happens to sell them :thumbsup:

278459.jpg

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Yeah it was less than ideal.  Bummer because it was a nice motor as far as power delivery and everything.  I thought about adjusting my TPS but never did and sled is gone.  I thought if you turned it up slightly (still in spec) that it may give more fuel based on that and fix issue but never tried it 

great sled if your hauling the mail down a grade.  It was the best handling sled I ever set up. Had the T cat springs in front and torsions in back, sat nice and low!. It railed through the twisters but when it got rough and had to slow down it was jumpy around that 20-25 mph range. Right where you are on really rough trails and super tight shit. Without scratchers on hard pack it was useless as it over heated constantly.. Moved on.. Cat is way overdue on a good strong 800.. I would take the Suzie any day compared to the Cats 800

51 minutes ago, krom said:

look at all the meat between the towers, that's where the stress is, not at the red lines

A rib between the towers supports would tie the towers together and spread the load between all the towers evenly.

6 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

great sled if your hauling the mail down a grade.  It was the best handling sled I ever set up. Had the T cat springs in front and torsions in back, sat nice and low!. It railed through the twisters but when it got rough and had to slow down it was jumpy around that 20-25 mph range. Right where you are on really rough trails and super tight shit. Without scratchers on hard pack it was useless as it over heated constantly.. Moved on.. Cat is way overdue on a good strong 800.. I would take the Suzie any day compared to the Cats 800

Mine was only an issue on access trail type of speeds.

I was never a fan of the Suzuki 800.  It didn't have torque and ran real dirty down low.  You really had to push the throttle to get anything out of it.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Tricky Ricky recommends a powerbloc.  Oh and he happens to sell them :thumbsup:

278459.jpg

the only time Id take advice from him is how to do domestic violence right and be a raging alcoholic - mostly because you cant be that stupid and be sober.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jonlafon1 said:

Cat has really dropped the clutch cover AND BUSHING issue for years.. I have not run a cat with a stock clutch cover on it for around 15 years.. I would have thought by moving the towers inward would help but then another cheap ass cover. Seen plenty of pics of cracked ones(adapt) but guessing most are from over torque on the bolts.. But the tower flex really effects clutch performance

54 minutes ago, Doug said:

A rib between the towers supports would tie the towers together and spread the load between all the towers evenly.

the load is already spread evenly between the towers...

the spider loads the 3 towers on the thrust side, and the cover ties those 3 to the other 3 on the coast side..

As inept as some of the textron/AC engineers seem/are that is pretty easy engineering math.  you can even find free cad software with FEA that will show you.

image.png.9cbf082984e8cd23c86c9454d3ec6517.png

Edited by krom

25 minutes ago, krom said:

the load is already spread evenly between the towers...

the spider loads the 3 towers on the thrust side, and the cover ties those 3 to the other 3 on the coast side..

As inept as some of the textron/AC engineers seem/are that is pretty easy engineering math.  you can even find free cad software with FEA that will show you.

image.png.9cbf082984e8cd23c86c9454d3ec6517.png

I use to do FEA for heavy plate weld fixture I designed. Where the cover will flex on the Arctic Cat clutch IF it does will be between the spring bucket and the narrow section between the towers.  The P22 has a wider cross section on the cover all the way out to where it bolts to the cover

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

the only time Id take advice from him is how to do domestic violence right and be a raging alcoholic - mostly because you cant be that stupid and be sober.

While he eats a bowl of nasa plastic 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Biggest dealer for venom clutch components...

https://venomproducts.com/dealers/

so big they dont even have him listed on their site.

He got mad and posted a picture of tki’s trade show display saying it was his store when I told him he isn’t a dealer and there is only one dealer tki listed in the north east and it isn’t him. 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

today I learned the Catalyst doesn't even need a snow flap

who would have thunk it?  

:dunno: 

Apparently the "freestyler" knows more then the cat engineers that liked my comment.

Also who the fuck would ramp a 137 ... Davis converted his to a 129 when he did his last AC freestyle sled.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

Apparently the "freestyler" knows more then the cat engineers that liked my comment.

Also who the fuck would ramp a 137 ... Davis converted his to a 129 when he did his last AC freestyle sled.

LOL, ikr 😂

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

So much to catch up on.

Someone is Comet Duster swapping their Catalyst and another person is freestyling theirs?

You can learn a lot of weird shit on the Book.   Had to teach a guy the difference between a muffler and a can today. 

This is not a muffler.... 

Screenshot_20240105-151057.png

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

What is the whole freestyle thing about?  Is it on one of the Catalyst pages?

Uh huh... Look for the picture of the cut flap, and crack open a beer.