Check your account email address ×

Sick of people pulling campers clogging up the roads?

• Platinum Contributing Member

I love when they get all pissed off waving their arms and shit as I pass them almost touching mirrors and with a 15+ mph speed advantage. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

America is full of shitty selfish drivers . Thats why we could never have an Autobahn. 

Yep.....This is my left lane where I can go slow and be on my phone!!!111

As they pass a bunch of these

37214930-united-states-traffic-sign-keep-right-except-to-pass.thumb.jpg.16b9b3079903b8c70991faba2c18f8b8.jpg

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yeah, there's a lot of discourteous tards that run through ncwi 

I also see a lot of women camping in the left lane moreso than men 

Point?  we're practically neighbors 

The little woman has a place in Plover we still frequent.  It's a nice change of pace.

MANY years ago I had a little sticker I put in the back window that said:

As Slow As You Want In The Right Lane

Made sense to me!  And no, as that video pointed out, they are not teaching this like they should be.

Edited by Mag6240

50 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so, what do you think about the heli-camper?  :lol: 

is @airflite1certified for a whirlybird?

Fun concept.  I can only imagine the air traffic issues if we move the left laners and boat rampers into those things.

We'd probably weed out quite a few.  ;)  There's no coasting/gliding a whirlybird when they screw up.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, favoritos said:

Fun concept.  I can only imagine the air traffic issues if we move the left laners and boat rampers into those things.

We'd probably weed out quite a few.  ;)  There's no coasting/gliding a whirlybird when they screw up.

hard to believe the concept never 'took off'. 

😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

hard to believe the concept never 'took off'. 

😂

boat ramp is ridiculous. one saturday i got tired of a guy and his wife trying to launch. i went over said "let me do it" . his response? " i have to learn sometime" . i said how about not saturday afternoon, maybe a weeknight? he was pissed, but 5-6 tries with the wife yelling left, right, i had enough

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

boat ramp is ridiculous. one saturday i got tired of a guy and his wife trying to launch. i went over said "let me do it" . his response? " i have to learn sometime" . i said how about not saturday afternoon, maybe a weeknight? he was pissed, but 5-6 tries with the wife yelling left, right, i had enough

been there countless times

I fish weeknights at home and keep a boat on a lift on shore at the cottage... to avoid those types. 

there's some hilarious boat landing videos on YouTube 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

been there countless times

I fish weeknights at home and keep a boat on a lift on shore at the cottage... to avoid those types. 

there's some hilarious boat landing videos on YouTube 

yeah, the ramp follies are funny as long as you are not waiting. i went out on the hudson 2 weeks ago, holy shit, no one out! finally a good side to 5.00 gas

• Like 1

• Gold Member

I wont even launch my Boat at a Public Ramp on the CT River anymore.  I get so fucking irritated with the idiots and having to wait. 

$20 at the private Marina and im usually the only one . no waiting. no Hoodlums on Jet Skis. nobody fishing on the dock . easy peasy 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I wont even launch my Boat at a Public Ramp on the CT River anymore.  I get so fucking irritated with the idiots and having to wait. 

$20 at the private Marina and im usually the only one . no waiting. no Hoodlums on Jet Skis. nobody fishing on the dock . easy peasy 

my town has a big launch that goes directly to the river. so if you go park the truck a cabin cruiser goes by and hits you with 6 ft wakes . i choose 1 town over, smaller launch but in a side creek that then goes to the river. can be tough at low tide , but i have done it forever. i stayed up north and the cabins had a boat launch from hell. i managed and the owner said he had never seen anyone back down that one shot. then at the dock he was surprised how well i could drive. i told i'm used to the river, with tides, waves, wind, and boats. a lake is child's play

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Oh man you are not kidding. Five or six years ago my brother and I went down to the launch in East Hartford to put his boat in the water. What a fucking shit show, including a guy who was testing out a JetSki to buy, somehow flipped it, which killed the motor. He and his girlfriend did not know how to swim so when we came on them they were just basically floating down the river with the current holding onto this submerged JetSki.  Then there was another guy up to his neck in the water trying to pull his 21 foot boat to the dock. Idiots everywhere.  My favorites are the people who have absolutely zero trailering skills, but figure they can learn as they’re backing their boat down the launch, while five people are waiting with their boats.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Oh man you are not kidding. Five or six years ago my brother and I went down to the launch in East Hartford to put his boat in the water. What a fucking shit show, including a guy who was testing out a JetSki to buy, somehow flipped it, which killed the motor. He and his girlfriend did not know how to swim so when we came on them they were just basically floating down the river with the current holding onto this submerged JetSki.  Then there was another guy up to his neck in the water trying to pull his 21 foot boat to the dock. Idiots everywhere.  My favorites are the people who have absolutely zero trailering skills, but figure they can learn as they’re backing their boat down the launch, while five people are waiting with their boats.

So many idiots .

Always a Guy who has to back the trailer down 5 times before he gets it in the water. another 15 min to get it on the trailer . then pulls it up barely outta the water and proceeds to sit on the ramp and start doing his rear tie downs and unloading people and gear ...I fucking lose it . cant do it anymore too many arguments. 

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

did you hear about this ? 

I was just leaving Dart Island in my Boat headed back South to Chester and they passed us as they were headed North , they actually waved to us . Creepy. 

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/state-identifies-man-killed-in-boat-accident-on-connecticut-river/2823126/

61E804F3-1AF0-4801-AAA0-C109EA916EAD.jpeg

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

with all this technology, why not have shock collars as part of the bad driving experience?

Probably subscription costs..

:lol:

• Haha 1

last time I was on the 'lake' portion of the Wisconsin river here in town there was an idiot that had just bought his first (used) pontoon boat blocking the ramp and listing heavily to port.  so, I tie off on a different part of the dock, grab a cold beer and watch the shit show in the shade.  dumb fuck gets the trailer under it after 10 minutes and a bunch of people standing on the star side, starts pulling it out of the water and I watch the trailer tires mushroom head.  got up, walked over, told him and his dumb fuck friends he'd better find a crescent wrench or big pair of pliers because his port side tube was full of water and he needs to pull the plug out ASAP.  nope, dipshit ignores me, guns his minivan and gets out of the water and is still blocking the ramp.  now, as I can smell burnt transmission fluid and his tires on the trailer are about to explode the dumb fuck comes around back and looks and starts screaming 'does anyone have a pair of pliers?!!!?'.   fortunately for him another person who had been waiting to get into the water did, he came over with a pair of channel locks, cracked the tube plug loose, threw it on his deck as water began spraying out and told the dumb fuck to 'get his pile of shit the fuck out of the way', at which point I was nearly in tears from laughing.  in the end it was another half hour before I was able to get my boat out and as I drove past dumb fuck there was still water shooting a steady stream out of the tube... but the tires amazingly didn't explode. 

and that was the last time I went out on lake Wausau 

when I retire, I might just sit at boat landings that tourists utilize with a video camera, for amusement. :)

10 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I keep it in the left lane. Teaching others patience and tolerance and how to be better little Christians and Muslims. I always get to my destination feeling refreshed. 

better keep it in the right lane in CNY, I don't share the left lane in my KW with apocalypse campers, better pitter patter get at 'er or get the fuck out of the way:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

better keep it in the right lane in CNY, I don't share the left lane in my KW with apocalypse campers, better pitter patter get at 'er or get the fuck out of the way:thumbsup:

Just die and be done with it. 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

last time I was on the 'lake' portion of the Wisconsin river here in town there was an idiot that had just bought his first (used) pontoon boat blocking the ramp and listing heavily to port.  so, I tie off on a different part of the dock, grab a cold beer and watch the shit show in the shade.  dumb fuck gets the trailer under it after 10 minutes and a bunch of people standing on the star side, starts pulling it out of the water and I watch the trailer tires mushroom head.  got up, walked over, told him and his dumb fuck friends he'd better find a crescent wrench or big pair of pliers because his port side tube was full of water and he needs to pull the plug out ASAP.  nope, dipshit ignores me, guns his minivan and gets out of the water and is still blocking the ramp.  now, as I can smell burnt transmission fluid and his tires on the trailer are about to explode the dumb fuck comes around back and looks and starts screaming 'does anyone have a pair of pliers?!!!?'.   fortunately for him another person who had been waiting to get into the water did, he came over with a pair of channel locks, cracked the tube plug loose, threw it on his deck as water began spraying out and told the dumb fuck to 'get his pile of shit the fuck out of the way', at which point I was nearly in tears from laughing.  in the end it was another half hour before I was able to get my boat out and as I drove past dumb fuck there was still water shooting a steady stream out of the tube... but the tires amazingly didn't explode. 

and that was the last time I went out on lake Wausau 

when I retire, I might just sit at boat landings that tourists utilize with a video camera, for amusement. :)

You’re in WI? Do you know mike?