Check your account email address ×

Sick of people pulling campers clogging up the roads?

17 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Bull shit I roll 80+ yanking anything I am pulling 

Yeah, I don't doubt it. It was more of a joke to the o.p about sxs cutting him off.

9 minutes ago, Doug said:

Are they pulling them with EV's

No they would be clogging up the charging station. 

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I keep it in the left lane. Teaching others patience and tolerance and how to be better little Christians and Muslims. I always get to my destination feeling refreshed. 

And I’m the guy who doesn’t slow down to go around you, whoosh whoosh, never knew you were there. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

And I’m the guy who doesn’t slow down to go around you, whoosh whoosh, never knew you were there. 

Staying in the left lane is illegal in most states and he will get ticket if spotted or reported. 

Wisconisin.  According to state law, any vehicle traveling "at less than the normal speed of traffic" must be driven in the right-hand lane, or as close as practicable, except when overtaking and passing another vehicle. A citation for violating this law costs $213.10 and four points on a driver's license.

8 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Staying in the left lane is illegal in most states and he will get ticket if spotted or reported. 

Wisconisin.  According to state law, any vehicle traveling "at less than the normal speed of traffic" must be driven in the right-hand lane, or as close as practicable, except when overtaking and passing another vehicle. A citation for violating this law costs $213.10 and four points on a driver's license.

Have you ever heard of anyone being ticketed for that when traveling at the speed limit?  I haven't.  I drive Sconnie roads A LOT - I just don't care where people drive anymore.  I will work my way around them and just go about my drive.  Only shows the other drivers ignorance, lack of self awareness, or in the case above, entitlement:  IE Just trying to be an ass.  It bothers me zero anymore.

1 minute ago, Mag6240 said:

Have you ever heard of anyone being ticketed for that when traveling at the speed limit?  I haven't.  I drive Sconnie roads A LOT - I just don't care where people drive anymore.  I will work my way around them and just go about my drive.  Only shows the other drivers ignorance, lack of self awareness, or in the case above, entitlement:  IE Just trying to be an ass.  It bothers me zero anymore.

I don't hang around people that camp in the left lane.  Most people I know and drive with are courteous and understand the rules of the road.  They don't act like elites.

• Like 1

Just now, racer254 said:

I don't hang around people that camp in the left lane.  Most people I know and drive with are courteous and understand the rules of the road.  They don't act like elites.

Oh I get it, and totally agree.  MOST people do drive courteously, even the ones who want to go faster than the flow.  

However, for example, on my drive from Point to the Twin Cities yesterday I took 39/29/94 for the first time in a few months, and I would say there were about 7 vehicles that as you came up behind them, they didn't move over.  Of those, all but three were young women, college aged, and simply don't have a clue what's going on around them.  Enough bumper scrapers as you go by, and they learn they are in the wrong place on the road.  The other three were Minnesota plated vehicles (MN drivers are the WORST for sitting in the left lane), two with middle aged guys behind the wheel with their phones in their hands, and one older guy, probably someone who thinks like what Spin posted.  Usually as you go by them they make a whole bunch of hand motions, birdies, and speaking to themselves in their vehicle (That's my favorite response in the mirror!)  These are the precious ones who make me smile the most!  It's really a form of entertainment for me at times, breaks up the drive a little.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Oh I get it, and totally agree.  MOST people do drive courteously, even the ones who want to go faster than the flow.  

However, for example, on my drive from Point to the Twin Cities yesterday I took 39/29/94 for the first time in a few months, and I would say there were about 7 vehicles that as you came up behind them, they didn't move over.  Of those, all but three were young women, college aged, and simply don't have a clue what's going on around them.  Enough bumper scrapers as you go by, and they learn they are in the wrong place on the road.  The other three were Minnesota plated vehicles (MN drivers are the WORST for sitting in the left lane), two with middle aged guys behind the wheel with their phones in their hands, and one older guy, probably someone who thinks like what Spin posted.  Usually as you go by them they make a whole bunch of hand motions, birdies, and speaking to themselves in their vehicle (That's my favorite response in the mirror!)  These are the precious ones who make me smile the most!  It's really a form of entertainment for me at times, breaks up the drive a little.

Yeah, I used to waste my time with those, now I just do the same as you. 

38 minutes ago, racer254 said:

yet I've never seen a left lane camper-outer ever pulled over for it and I'm on the highway five days a week 

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yet I've never seen a left lane camper-outer ever pulled over for it and I'm on the highway five days a week 

They do.  Cops are starting to see the issues.  I usually just take a picture in case they do something stupid when I go by.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

yeah, there's a lot of discourteous tards that run through ncwi 

I also see a lot of women camping in the left lane moreso than men 

Point?  we're practically neighbors 

Interesting how this turned into a left lane discussion.

That issue is a bigger problem than most probably realize.  We are used to seeing it happen and sorta deal with those drivers.  We call them "weekenders" around here.  I'm not a fan of dealing with city traffic and weekenders can create nightmares.  All the boiling blood from drivers stuck behind them causes the road to buckle. ;)

Kidding aside, I've never heard of anyone being stopped for hanging in the hammer lane.  It's hard to enforce on some of our roads too.  They are slowly revamping highways to get rid of left lane exits, but they still exist.  Weekenders will hang the left lane for miles just to be ready for the exit.

Left lane hangers might not seem like a big deal until you drive in a system that actually uses the left lanes for fast.  Shit happens, passing is easy, you actually get somewhere, and it is easier to drive any lane.  Driving is fun. :D

Just now, racer254 said:

They do.  Cops are starting to see the issues.  I usually just take a picture in case they do something stupid when I go by.

they seem to care for less about the douchebags going 90mph than they used to 

1 minute ago, favoritos said:

Interesting how this turned into a left lane discussion.

That issue is a bigger problem than most probably realize.  We are used to seeing it happen and sorta deal with those drivers.  We call them "weekenders" around here.  I'm not a fan of dealing with city traffic and weekenders can create nightmares.  All the boiling blood from drivers stuck behind them causes the road to buckle. ;)

Kidding aside, I've never heard of anyone being stopped for hanging in the hammer lane.  It's hard to enforce on some of our roads too.  They are slowly revamping highways to get rid of left lane exits, but they still exist.  Weekenders will hang the left lane for miles just to be ready for the exit.

Left lane hangers might not seem like a big deal until you drive in a system that actually uses the left lanes for fast.  Shit happens, passing is easy, you actually get somewhere, and it is easier to drive any lane.  Driving is fun. :D

so, what do you think about the heli-camper?  :lol: 

is @airflite1certified for a whirlybird?

• Gold Member

I hate Left Lane Losers. 

in CT on most 3 lane highways you are not suppose to tow a camper or boat yet I see it all the time. big sign and they ignore it and keep puttin along as everyone passes on the right. 

even in the winter guys with Sled trailers do it ...

fucking entitled morons . no surprise Spin is one of em.