Check your account email address ×

Elon Musk shreds Biden build back better says there should be zero subsidies for electric cars

jtssrx

16 hours ago, Bontz said:

On a related topic, a former classmate of mine shared this (from someone else) via FB.  I didn't look into it much more than face value, but it certainly is an interesting view.

Forethought is an eyeopening reality!
Imagine Florida or Texas with a hurricane coming in. The Governor declares an emergency and orders an evacuation with everyone to head inland. But cars all need to be charged somewhere. Traffic backs up for miles and hours. The batteries go dead. Traffic cannot move.
How does that work? Has anyone thought about this?
In California, if all cars were electric and are caught up in a three-hour traffic jam with dead batteries, then what? Not to mention that there is virtually no heating or air conditioning in an electric vehicle because of high battery consumption.
Cars get stuck on the road all night, no battery, no heating, no windshield wipers, no radio, no GPS (all these drain the batteries), all you can do is try calling 911 to take women and children to safety. But they cannot come to help you because all roads are blocked, and they will probably require all police cars will be electric also. When the roads become unblocked no one can move! Their batteries are dead.
Forget the hurricane. What about common accidents and typical winter weather/blizzards? How do you charge hundreds/thousands of cars with dead batteries sitting on the highway in a traffic jam due to accident due to accident or blizzard. Where is this electricity going to come from in the middle of nowhere?
At end of useful life, what will be done with tens of millions of dead/used batteries? Can’t bury them in the soil, can’t go to landfills.
The politicians and press don’t want to talk about or report on any of this.
In France, thousands of taxis are now stored inoperable because the batteries are dead and to replace them would cost more than the value of the vehicle itself!

The other thing they never discuss is it takes nuke power oil and gas to produce the electric these cars run on. If everyone buys electric you will still Burn the same amount of fossil fuel you will just burn it producing electricity 

16 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Checkmate!

:lol:

moron.

When someone says anything about a topic the left supports MC automatically looks to defend the left’s position. He claims to be independent but he Demonstrates on a daily basis that he’s nothing but a partisan hack

25 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

The other thing they never discuss is it takes nuke power oil and gas to produce the electric these cars run on. If everyone buys electric you will still Burn the same amount of fossil fuel you will just burn it producing electricity 

When someone says anything about a topic the left supports MC automatically looks to defend the left’s position. He claims to be independent but he Demonstrates on a daily basis that he’s nothing but a partisan hack

He’s a brainless squid who gets his thoughts downloaded for him every morning.

Not a single person on this earth should be listening to any of these imbeciles.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

He’s a brainless squid who gets his thoughts downloaded for him every morning.

Not a single person on this earth should be listening to any of these imbeciles.

It’s easy to be you eh Zipperneck? A follower forever.

Like every other problem government tries to solve they start on step 6. 

Skipping one through five... You know the first steps like coal fired power plants, what to do with expired batteries, upgrading current maxed electrical grids that can't handle a million cars charging in them 

Sure there's a place for electric cars, across the entire country? absolutely not. If we got rid of every gas powered car in America today would that even make a dent in the climate change claims in our lifetime or children's?  absolutely not.  

The fact that people buy into this lunacy is what the amazing part is. 

• Thanks 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
32 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

I just asked why you hate them don't get all emotional all over yourself

He has a super hard time with reading comprehension, I asked him a few to the point simple questions earlier and he went off the emotional deep end and never answered a single question

He acts like a jealous woman scorned

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Catalina said:

Lots of people have cars in their driveways with empty gas tanks when they know there is a storm coming. 

I am not sure I see the difference. If there is a widespread power outage, it's going to be difficult go buy gas from a station with electric pumps, isn't it?

You do realize that many stations have what's known as generators now. 

1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

You do realize that many stations have what's known as generators now. 

I agree - some do, including the station nearest my house. Do you think 5% of stations have them? 25%? Maybe more? I really don't know, but my guess it is towards the lower side. 

My point is that the idea that in the event of a disaster that requires mass evacuation, it is not likely at all that all the electric cars will be stranded and blocking the roads, which was the original point. And, gas powered cars may not have much better opportunity to get fuel if there is a widespread power outage. 

The successful people will be the ones who are topped off with fuel ahead of time, whatever that fuel is. A little planning would go a long way, literally in this case. 

1 minute ago, Catalina said:

The successful people will be the ones who are topped off with fuel ahead of time, whatever that fuel is. A little planning would go a long way, literally in this case. 

Problem is so many people can't think past the end of their nose.  

On 12/14/2021 at 1:15 PM, Bontz said:

On a related topic, a former classmate of mine shared this (from someone else) via FB.  I didn't look into it much more than face value, but it certainly is an interesting view.

Forethought is an eyeopening reality!
Imagine Florida or Texas with a hurricane coming in. The Governor declares an emergency and orders an evacuation with everyone to head inland. But cars all need to be charged somewhere. Traffic backs up for miles and hours. The batteries go dead. Traffic cannot move.
How does that work? Has anyone thought about this?
In California, if all cars were electric and are caught up in a three-hour traffic jam with dead batteries, then what? Not to mention that there is virtually no heating or air conditioning in an electric vehicle because of high battery consumption.
Cars get stuck on the road all night, no battery, no heating, no windshield wipers, no radio, no GPS (all these drain the batteries), all you can do is try calling 911 to take women and children to safety. But they cannot come to help you because all roads are blocked, and they will probably require all police cars will be electric also. When the roads become unblocked no one can move! Their batteries are dead.
Forget the hurricane. What about common accidents and typical winter weather/blizzards? How do you charge hundreds/thousands of cars with dead batteries sitting on the highway in a traffic jam due to accident due to accident or blizzard. Where is this electricity going to come from in the middle of nowhere?
At end of useful life, what will be done with tens of millions of dead/used batteries? Can’t bury them in the soil, can’t go to landfills.
The politicians and press don’t want to talk about or report on any of this.
In France, thousands of taxis are now stored inoperable because the batteries are dead and to replace them would cost more than the value of the vehicle itself!

We could always take a cue from the Chinese and put in high speed rail systems to evacuate people quickly.  

Edited by Plissken

Closest to me is 13.6 miles from here, but 30 min drive.

edit in: looked to see where that charger is literally. That’s 35-40 minutes. We don’t have traffic.

DC4A50DE-8FFD-43C8-A9E4-9D7FAF846586.png

Edited by CFM

On 12/14/2021 at 1:41 PM, Zambroski said:

LOL…you are so fucking stupid!  :lmao:

He’s so fucking stupid!!!!  :lol:

You probably have a 5 gallon gas tank on that silly 600 dont you? He's right, you probably are the guy that runs out of gas! 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, CFM said:

edit in: looked to see where that charger is literally. That’s 35-40 minutes. We don’t have traffic.

THat Ashland one is the dunks right off 93

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

You probably have a 5 gallon gas tank on that silly 600 dont you? He's right, you probably are the guy that runs out of gas! 

11 gallon.  It’s. XC race sled you B-hole!

LeArN yOur SleDz!!!

Now, if I can find a 3 gallon “silly 600” in this shape, I’ll snatch it up too!

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

THat Ashland one is the dunks right off 93

Yup, when i clicked on it and saw that, i was like, so much for 13 mikes lol. Ut it this way, i’m like 3 miles from Castle in the Clouds entrance in Moultonberry. Lol.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CFM said:

the Supercharger networks well designed for roadtrips with the assumption that people are going to charge at home for the day to day IM0.  locally we have 3 spread out on 93,  1 on 95 and then 1 on 16 to allow for the most common travel patterns with North Conway coming soon.   Shit we actually have one up in Jackman now for those travelling to Canuckistan as well as one at Sunday river for the end destination of many

For those who usually stop on roadtrips it's not bad,  i personally don't so having to wait 30 minutes would drive me nuts.  

• Like 1