Check your account email address ×

Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

13 minutes ago, Jerr2Star said:

Well kinda long story but ill keep it short i bought the sled not knowing it had electric start, seller never mentioned it and failed to mention he had "totaled" it after hitting a stump got paid out insurance money back in 2017 and kept the sled and continued riding it, he was supposed to surrender the title to farm bureau when he reported it as totaled but didnt .

Then he sold it to me and i find all this out when i went to register it my next paycheck, tried to get my money back, he threatened to sue me for the cost of a full wrap? and would only give me 1500 back and the other 1500 was "Rent" for having it two weeks, got law enforcement involved had a good case for the prosecutor in my county and his insurance sent me all the paperwork they had on it and wanted to help get him for insurance fraud but the transaction happened in a county that has only two sheriffs deputys so they said they didnt want to pursue him and that its a civil matter but they did give me his address to have him served got bummed and didn't want to deal with it anymore as i sold two of my sleds to buy it.

After doing research over the summer i found i can get it registered under a rebuilt title but i need to replace the a arms  and bumper (the only real damage) and take it to get inspected/certified. And fill out a few more forms.

Titles dont mean anything when you go to buy, live and learn i guess.

holy... 

what the... 

Jesus... 

I can't believe... 

what the... 

119dd3797490c22e49cf42e5357fb719.gif

• Haha 1

Absolute worst part is my wife was right there saying keep looking for other sleds when she seen the cracked hood but i didn't listen so since February ive gotten the "I told you soo" comment everytime she see's it lol. 

The upside is in Idaho you only have to pay 35 for your sticker and now they dont associate a vin or require proof of ownership to them just pay and ride (once i get a clutch) but id still take my 2001 Mountain Cat LE that i had for 11 years and modified quite a bit this past season before selling it, i knew its quirks and for a long track trail sled i could keep up and the old zuke 800 never failed. 

20230219_113558.thumb.jpg.6f24482c941275d3427d452b45a8f0b0.jpg20230219_113715.thumb.jpg.b9a7652c0552d38db9340f74ba326537.jpg

Ill take the time a turn the 2013 turd into a good sled like i have done to others and pass inspection to get the rebuilt title so that when i do decide to sell it in the future the next owner will have the full story up-front and know what they are getting into. Luckily i love wrenching on things or this would've ended up as a part-out sled.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Dug out my Bucket'O'Studs.

Maybe trail ride on old ice studs this winter?

Never studded in my life. Bought a track for my only mistake sled, a Polaris. Pulled all the studs before mounting. Still riding. Never saw any reason for them.

Edited by ZR6000RR

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Never studded in my life. Bought a track for my only mistake sled, a Polaris. Pulled all the studs before mounting. Still riding. Never saw any reason for them.

Yeah well at 30mph top speeds moseying along you can get away with that. 

Come into a icy corner at 60 mph and you better have studs or will be in the trees. 

And even if you make the corner, by the time your track finally hooks up and you start to accelerate Ill be long gone. :read:

7 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

you ride like old people fuck, and apparently in an area with no real hills

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 9:25 PM, Jerr2Star said:

Well kinda long story but ill keep it short i bought the sled not knowing it had electric start, seller never mentioned it and failed to mention he had "totaled" it after hitting a stump got paid out insurance money back in 2017 and kept the sled and continued riding it, he was supposed to surrender the title to farm bureau when he reported it as totaled but didnt .

Then he sold it to me and i find all this out when i went to register it my next paycheck, tried to get my money back, he threatened to sue me for the cost of a full wrap? and would only give me 1500 back and the other 1500 was "Rent" for having it two weeks, got law enforcement involved had a good case for the prosecutor in my county and his insurance sent me all the paperwork they had on it and wanted to help get him for insurance fraud but the transaction happened in a county that has only two sheriffs deputys so they said they didnt want to pursue him and that its a civil matter but they did give me his address to have him served got bummed and didn't want to deal with it anymore as i sold two of my sleds to buy it.

After doing research over the summer i found i can get it registered under a rebuilt title but i need to replace the a arms  and bumper (the only real damage) and take it to get inspected/certified. And fill out a few more forms.

Titles dont mean anything when you go to buy, live and learn i guess.

If you want electric start , I have everything off my 800 sitting in a box here you can have for free.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Yeah well at 30mph top speeds moseying along you can get away with that. 

Come into a icy corner at 60 mph and you better have studs or will be in the trees. 

And even if you make the corner, by the time your track finally hooks up and you start to accelerate Ill be long gone. :read:

or at least an 'ice track'... which all manufacturers but Cat offers these days.  9_9

so far so good for the Ice Attak XT I put on, no complaints whatsoever.  if I were to order a new sled, I'd likely skip studs.

speaking of which, was on Fast Track this morning... 102 Top Gun SP kit... $390 

wow... 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

396296671_18395210383055329_3505794696809457220_n.jpg.c8e8d598926d52e24466a137ebd71b14.jpg

Got my massive pistons for the 340 today (funny to see my 800s piston on the side next to it) , going to be a full weekend of making parts for suspension and... a handlebar riser.

and powder coating? 

:ashamed:

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

I didnt get anything yet ?

I will have more stuff to coat next week so if it shows up next week itll be no big deal.

it went USPS so probably around April.

ANSWER YOUR F'NG PHONE

:roflcrying:

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

or at least an 'ice track'... which all manufacturers but Cat offers these days.  9_9

so far so good for the Ice Attak XT I put on, no complaints whatsoever.  if I were to order a new sled, I'd likely skip studs.

wow... 

Few of my buds run em, so does my Dad on his Doo. They work good for sure. 

I still prefer studs personally but East Coast has lots of ice with our constant warm ups and temp drops...maybe not so bad out your way. 

On 11/3/2023 at 11:41 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

wow... 

You’re better off not having studs than one of those fuckin gimmicks. I piss pounded my 19 600 limited for a season with one of those and thought I was gonna die every time a corner came up

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Palu49 said:

You’re better off not having studs than one of those fuckin gimmicks. I piss pounded my 19 600 limited for a season with one of those and thought I was gonna die every time a corner came up

honestly, if I had to replace the studded Cobra on the 500... I'd probably put another one on.  are you riding on a hockey rink, as I've not had one problem and ride 90% tight woods at a brisk pace. 

14 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

honestly, if I had to replace the studded Cobra on the 500... I'd probably put another one on.  are you riding on a hockey rink, as I've not had one problem and ride 90% tight woods at a brisk pace. 

I am prepped to chain saw trail corners and close trails 

IMG_2414.jpeg

IMG_2413.jpeg

• Like 1

Pulled the skid and shocks yesterday, and the got the front shocks out and packed them up & shipped them out this morning.  Swapped out the stock riser for the taller (Assault) riser, and got the new Rox guards installed.  I lost motivation to get the snow flap off & install the tunnel protectors but that might be a "tomorrow" project.  Then again, I may take the RZR out tomorrow if it's gonna be upper 50's ... we'll see.  Once I get the shocks back, the only real to-do will be to get everything put back together and then get the track studded out.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I have so many old ice racing studs I'm thinking about using them for trail riding just to burn them up.

Have one sled that has a hooker track on.  All the bars are still good but pulled the studs out and studded it with push through studs.

• Like 1