Check your account email address ×

Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

Finished changing over 1 of the race cars and have everything loaded for the weekend, so I fingered I'd work on some sleds.

Ripped the Tilly out of the Cheetah and was going to let it marinade in the ultrasonic tomorrow.  

I'm not sure what the guy I bought it from ran through it, but it is super clean and everything is nice and flexible still.  

Think I'll just blast this one down with some carb cleaner.

I checked under the cover of my 19 limited to make sure it was still there. I also took down the listing for my RXC that’s been up all summer, put it back up for $1000 more and have a guy coming to pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Palu49 said:

I checked under the cover of my 19 limited to make sure it was still there. I also took down the listing for my RXC that’s been up all summer, put it back up for $1000 more and have a guy coming to pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

hope you broke even on that thing...

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Got 144 silver diggers in the mail. Going to pick up a set of Mohawks so I can look cool on the trail in 4 months 

you should probably get a set of these installed before you even leave the dealer with it. 

https://snowtracker.com/index.php/en/products/snowtracker-en

Besides the ridiculousness of those snow trackers, I can't imagine them holding up for more than a few miles.  And if they are pretty beefy to not bend instantly they have to be really heavy. Even a regular dually is really heavy.  What a gimmick.  If your sled is darting you need to go faster.

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

Besides the ridiculousness of those snow trackers, I can't imagine them holding up for more than a few miles.  And if they are pretty beefy to not bend instantly they have to be really heavy. Even a regular dually is really heavy.  What a gimmick.  If your sled is darting you need to go faster.

there's a f-load of douchebags on ACTR that 'swear by them' so it's kind of a running joke with Greg and I.  

can you imagine bolting those on an already heavy 4S and having them catch something?  

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

there's a f-load of douchebags on ACTR that 'swear by them' so it's kind of a running joke with Greg and I.  

can you imagine bolting those on an already heavy 4S and having them catch something?  

In that case probably nothing.  Nothing can stop the monumental inertia of a four stroke sled 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

In that case probably nothing.  Nothing can stop the monumental inertia of a four stroke sled 

true true

good news on the ZR 440 front... collapsed secondary spring.  might be doing some ass dragging in February when it returns from out east.  

12 hours ago, mnstang said:

I would imagine they stop you instantly and rip the bulk head off the sled when contacting solid objects 

• Haha 1

The semi aggressive are the best IMO carbides on a procross. 20k miles in the last 6 years and tried 4 different carbides and another set of skis.. Semi aggressive all day long.. Not saying they will work on the catalyst but I will run nothing else on a procross 2017 or newer.. I do not care for the aggressive.. They work awesome on the sidewinder and a 2021 800 cat that I sold.. 2021 800  was a animal through the woods. The sidewinder 300hp not catching that sled through the woods. Run the lowered front shock springs from the t cat and SRX and back torsions with a different lowered cocked angle. Gets the sled LOW and fast 

Edited by jonlafon1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I am out of the ATV world but started hearing about these cfmotos and looked into them.  Made in China?  China company?

SMH.

They are actually decent, cats low line has been cfmoto for a long time. Friend of mine bought their high end sxs and took it on a big ride in Canada and it worked fine. They are basically what can am and Polaris ran 10 years ago. If you want cheap they are the way to go as you can actually gets parts for them 

6 hours ago, Not greg b said:

They are actually decent, cats low line has been cfmoto for a long time. Friend of mine bought their high end sxs and took it on a big ride in Canada and it worked fine. They are basically what can am and Polaris ran 10 years ago. If you want cheap they are the way to go as you can actually gets parts for them 

Like I said I don't know enough about them to comment on quality, don't need to research them further as I'd never buy a Chinese ATV 

21 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I’m pretty sure the smaller cats are Kymco not cfmoto but I may be wrong. From what I was told cfmoto started as a parts supplier for the main players and they tweak their tooling once the big companies change stuff up to make it their own. I know a few guys with their SXS that are not easy on equipment and they have no issues with them.

Edited by Palu49

41 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I’m pretty sure the smaller cats are Kymco not cfmoto but I may be wrong. From what I was told cfmoto started as a parts supplier for the main players and they tweak their tooling once the big companies change stuff up to make it their own. I know a few guys with their SXS that are not easy on equipment and they have no issues with them.

I think you are right. I get the two ass backwards. Both of them make decent machines for the price 

12 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Kymco makes pretty good stuff.