Check your account email address ×

Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

New tunnel bag and belt just arrived via FedEx about an hour ago, and I ordered my One Rig Design tunnel rack/mount the other day.    Time to start getting ready to add the tunnel protectors & stud it out and have the shocks done with Wenzlaff (after a lot of procrastination).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

this one is hard to find I've heard... 

trying 19/40 on the 720 this year 

IMG_20231023_093046578.jpg

Any chance you can post a picture of the other side of this gear? Just curious and looking for some machining marks.  Thanks 

27 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it's a 1602-412 

Cat gear?   Cat made a few runs/sales of the shitty gears.. Basically compressed metal.. They have no machine marks on them and blow apart very easily.. Just making sure that gear is not going to cause issues for you. Cant have you walking or getting towed while riding a CAT.. If it was any other brand I would just pass by the pic. 

1 hour ago, jonlafon1 said:

Cat gear?   Cat made a few runs/sales of the shitty gears.. Basically compressed metal.. They have no machine marks on them and blow apart very easily.. Just making sure that gear is not going to cause issues for you. Cant have you walking or getting towed while riding a CAT.. If it was any other brand I would just pass by the pic. 

The person I got it from used it in one of his race sleds so I'm pretty sure I'll be okay, but appreciate the thought and never heard of the issue tbh.  

This fall, I bought a 1992 Indy for a friend to use for ice fishing.  It was a blast digging into it, so much easier, so much room.  Did need a few things fixed, but it was clean, straight and everything was greased by the seller.  I might have to get a wedge Indy one of these days, just to have something fun to tinker with.

• Like 2

Got a hot mess 2013 m800 SP to deal with this season. (Not even the worse part of the story)

Needs a new clutch (blew on my first ride) and new a arms, remove electric start motor, fix steering post slop and replace the bent handlbars.

Then a few smaller items like leaking 2t oil from the tank, broken ski loop, and bent bumper.

Already installed new steering post plate in bulkhead, used 2014 hood , removed sun rotten full wrap, and updated belt guard.

Before and current:

20230204_213050.jpg

20231026_205752.jpg

20231026_205746.jpg

20231026_205832.jpg

20231026_205856.jpg

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Ordering some clutch rebuild goodness from Fett.

Arctic Cat order probably goes in Tuesday.  

Woody's order?  Who knows when.

I just made my woodies order, even at 50% it didn’t feel great, hopefully I get the sled to put them on before July. Went up to check out progress on the new terrain course a local club is building for AXC with Justin and Ken Murphy today it’s short (4 miles) but looks like it’s gonna be a fun setup with a good mix of terrain and a sweet tight woods section.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I just made my woodies order, even at 50% it didn’t feel great, hopefully I get the sled to put them on before July. Went up to check out progress on the new terrain course a local club is building for AXC with Justin and Ken Murphy today it’s short (4 miles) but looks like it’s gonna be a fun setup with a good mix of terrain and a sweet tight woods section.

I looked at my 2022 today.  That is all the preparation that I'm going to put into it this season.  

• Haha 2

• Gold Member

Pulled chain case cover cleaned out, adjusted chain , reinstalled, scotch brite my rotor a little to clean up surface rust, 

Repainted the muffler with 2,000* temp Rustoleum , still gotta do Pipe and y-pipe. 

Pulled starter and Bendix , going to replace bendix assembly its shot. Thought about just removing the ES but my Wife might end up on this one this year. 

Pulled the powervalves still gotta finish cleaning those up , let the top halves and springs soak last night. 

So gotta order some Poo parts next. 

After that Im thinking I am gonna send the Shocks out to Hygear . 

F02D063B-707B-4045-9E15-6CDEFFED4E23.jpeg

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 2

On 10/27/2023 at 9:58 PM, racinfarmer said:

I looked at my 2022 today.  That is all the preparation that I'm going to put into it this season.  

That's how I've been feeling with my '23 ... I've had every intention of pulling the shocks to send off to Wenzlaff, and have been saying that since June.  At least I have my garage rearranged now, with the sled being accessible - so I may actually get that done next weekend.

@EvilBird - looks good! :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Bontz said:

That's how I've been feeling with my '23 ... I've had every intention of pulling the shocks to send off to Wenzlaff, and have been saying that since June.  At least I have my garage rearranged now, with the sled being accessible - so I may actually get that done next weekend.

@EvilBird - looks good! :thumbsup:

Just heard over the weekend Andy is currently 2 weeks out... FYI

• Like 1

Just now, Mag6240 said:

Just heard over the weekend Andy is currently 2 weeks out... FYI

I saw the same thing, and that's why I need to light a fire under my ass and get this thing done :thumb:  The other plus with getting that done is, it'll make the tunnel protector installation that much easier - with the skid frame/track being out of the way.

• Like 3

Mine I went through in the fall outside of figuring out storage for hotel hopping trips.

On 10/16/2023 at 3:19 PM, Bontz said:

New tunnel bag and belt just arrived via FedEx about an hour ago, and I ordered my One Rig Design tunnel rack/mount the other day.    Time to start getting ready to add the tunnel protectors & stud it out and have the shocks done with Wenzlaff (after a lot of procrastination).

Real interested to know how you like the One Rig and Linq once you get it.  Still high on my list of options.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Real interested to know how you like the One Rig and Linq once you get it.  Still high on my list of options.

Yep, me too.  Sounds like the product is due to be done with pre-order this week and then manufactured and shipped out the second week of November.  I don't have Linq accessories, so I won't be able to comment on those - sorry.  I have a Lock & Ride bag that my nephew got me at a nice discount, so I'll be using that for the saddle bag trip(s) this year.

• Like 1

Got what was left of the electric start removed and installed the BDX steering bushings.  Going to cut and weld a t post on and run a fixed riser since the telescopic steering system still has 3" of play at the bar ends.

Also removed the graphics on the side panel and cleaned off the adhesive, still have to get alot of adhesive off from the full wrap that was on it.

PO used self tappers to hold the recoil starter on and they are all stripped so either i tap it for a larger bolt or helicoil it.

At this rate i may be able to ride by January? 

20231028_124454.jpg

20231028_170340.jpg

20231028_113022.jpg

Edited by Jerr2Star
Add photo
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Jerr2Star said:

Got what was left of the electric start removed and installed the BDX steering bushings.  Going to cut and weld a t post on and run a fixed riser since the telescopic steering system still has 3" of play at the bar ends.

Also removed the graphics on the side panel and cleaned off the adhesive, still have to get alot of adhesive off from the full wrap that was on it.

PO used self tappers to hold the recoil starter on and they are all stripped so either i tap it for a larger bolt or helicoil it.

At this rate i may be able to ride by January? 

20231028_124454.jpg

20231028_170340.jpg

20231028_113022.jpg

interesting way to delete part of the electric start...
I'm assuming you aren't going to fix it, since its a mountain sled, but if you do want to, its way cheaper to get the update kit that comes with a starter motor, bracket, shaft etc. than to buy the parts separate.

Either way its a good idea to figure out why that engine mount bolt hole is empty, and put a bolt back in it..  my guess is that large ugly ground in notch was to get a wrench in there to remove it...

Edited by krom

1 hour ago, krom said:

interesting way to delete part of the electric start...
I'm assuming you aren't going to fix it, since its a mountain sled, but if you do want to, its way cheaper to get the update kit that comes with a starter motor, bracket, shaft etc. than to buy the parts separate.

Either way its a good idea to figure out why that engine mount bolt hole is empty, and put a bolt back in it..  my guess is that large ugly ground in notch was to get a wrench in there to remove it...

Well kinda long story but ill keep it short i bought the sled not knowing it had electric start, seller never mentioned it and failed to mention he had "totaled" it after hitting a stump got paid out insurance money back in 2017 and kept the sled and continued riding it, he was supposed to surrender the title to farm bureau when he reported it as totaled but didnt .

Then he sold it to me and i find all this out when i went to register it my next paycheck, tried to get my money back, he threatened to sue me for the cost of a full wrap? and would only give me 1500 back and the other 1500 was "Rent" for having it two weeks, got law enforcement involved had a good case for the prosecutor in my county and his insurance sent me all the paperwork they had on it and wanted to help get him for insurance fraud but the transaction happened in a county that has only two sheriffs deputys so they said they didnt want to pursue him and that its a civil matter but they did give me his address to have him served got bummed and didn't want to deal with it anymore as i sold two of my sleds to buy it.

After doing research over the summer i found i can get it registered under a rebuilt title but i need to replace the a arms  and bumper (the only real damage) and take it to get inspected/certified. And fill out a few more forms.

Titles dont mean anything when you go to buy, live and learn i guess.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Jerr2Star said:

Well kinda long story but ill keep it short i bought the sled not knowing it had electric start, seller never mentioned it and failed to mention he had "totaled" it after hitting a stump got paid out insurance money back in 2017 and kept the sled and continued riding it, he was supposed to surrender the title to farm bureau when he reported it as totaled but didnt .

Then he sold it to me and i find all this out when i went to register it my next paycheck, tried to get my money back, he threatened to sue me for the cost of a full wrap? and would only give me 1500 back and the other 1500 was "Rent" for having it two weeks, got law enforcement involved had a good case for the prosecutor in my county and his insurance sent me all the paperwork they had on it and wanted to help get him for insurance fraud but the transaction happened in a county that has only two sheriffs deputys so they said they didnt want to pursue him and that its a civil matter but they did give me his address to have him served got bummed and didn't want to deal with it anymore as i sold two of my sleds to buy it.

After doing research over the summer i found i can get it registered under a rebuilt title but i need to replace the a arms  and bumper (the only real damage) and take it to get inspected/certified. And fill out a few more forms.

Titles dont mean anything when you go to buy, live and learn i guess.

Man ... that sucks.  What a headache to deal with.  Hopefully the sled treats you well once you have everything squared away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1