Check your account email address ×

Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

Yea these were complete with drivers for $50-80

Damn.

I moved over to the other XF and the 2022 today.  2022 is ready to go other then some gas and a new belt.  The other XF needs some more loving, but it'll be ready whenever the Cat parts order shows up.

• Like 1

got a few NLA and refreshed parts attached this evening inside the trailer before the sunset... Country Kawasaki Cat delivered a package to open tomorrow.

on a side note, old meteorology geek was at work this morning saying how warm and lacking of snow this winter is going to be... I replied by telling him 'hope not, as a bunch of people I converse with daily will likely be suicidal if you're correct...'.  :lmao:

IMG_20231113_165840853.jpg

IMG_20231113_165853038.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jerr2Star said:

Got the new arms and used spindles installed this weekend, ordered a used Team clutch and the shorter tie rods this morning to install next weekend.

20231110_133553.jpg

fwiw, I appreciate you polishing that turd. 

bonus points for the lab in the picture 

:thumbsup:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jerr2Star said:

Thats exactly what I refer this sled as when I update my brother and friends on it.

"The White Turd"

probably one of my favorite lines in movie history... 

if you start calling it Christine I'll be forced to remove one of you kidneys and leave you in a bathtub full of ice. 

;)

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

$400 worth of parts ordered from Poo just now. Gotta get this thing back together. 

Local dealers dont stock shit anymore , called 3 only one had 75% what I needed but it was the one 1hr30 min away. The other two closer ones nada . Not even exhaust gaskets. Had cash in hand would of took a ride and got everything today if I could have . Way it is now I guess. 

9 hours ago, EvilBird said:

$400 worth of parts ordered from Poo just now. Gotta get this thing back together. 

Local dealers dont stock shit anymore , called 3 only one had 75% what I needed but it was the one 1hr30 min away. The other two closer ones nada . Not even exhaust gaskets. Had cash in hand would of took a ride and got everything today if I could have . Way it is now I guess. 

who's a popular Polaris or Doo dealer to order online from these days?  'we' have Country Cat which probably has more inventory than TextronCat does at most times. 

Babbitt's has Polaris and Cat, and the parts catalogs are easy to find and navigate.  

https://www.babbittsonline.com/

15 minutes ago, krom said:

Ingles Performance used to be the go to for in stock doo parts, but they recently got bought out, so IDK if that changed

e-commerce is and can be a huge profit maker, but it's obviously not for every dealer.  

never hear much about Poo or Doo guys building, maintaining or fixing their stuff here, or even HCS for that matter. 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

who's a popular Polaris or Doo dealer to order online from these days?  'we' have Country Cat which probably has more inventory than TextronCat does at most times. 

Babbitt's has Polaris and Cat, and the parts catalogs are easy to find and navigate.  

Ya I ordered from Babbits .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

e-commerce is and can be a huge profit maker, but it's obviously not for every dealer.  

never hear much about Poo or Doo guys building, maintaining or fixing their stuff here, or even HCS for that matter. 

Did all that last spring/summer.  Sleds are ready to go right now!  I think I socked ~$3500 into all three this year, which included two sets of clutches rebuilt/balanced at Indy Specialties, and one new track. My local dealer is good on stocking common stuff, most everything else comes out of the Sioux Falls warehouse within a week.  

Hard to say this while its 59 degrees out, but let it snow!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

According to the Doo dealer out here for a while if you ordered something online from the ski Doo website it would ship from the closest participating Doo dealer with it in stock. Dealers were crushing sales numbers with this system and buying parts at cost so Doo changed it and now you have to pay retail straight to ski Doo and wait for it to come from them.

Things are starting to come together ...  

Over the weekend, my Bergstrom stuff showed up (ski savers and shims), and then yesterday my Titan helmet arrived on my front steps.  Just got an email from One Rig that my tunnel bracket shipped and should be here by Saturday.  Assuming I get my shocks back next week, it should make for a productive 4-day weekend next week :bc:

• Like 1

This is the last weekend for gun season so I'm hoping to get going on sled stuff soon. Normal stuff on fishing sled, chaincase, grease, carbs etc. Crossfire needs DD oil change, skid needs some maintenance etc. Lastly try and figure out the bog in the indy 340 from last winter.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

This is the last weekend for gun season so I'm hoping to get going on sled stuff soon. Normal stuff on fishing sled, chaincase, grease, carbs etc. Crossfire needs DD oil change, skid needs some maintenance etc. Lastly try and figure out the bog in the indy 340 from last winter.

Gun season started today for us. I figure I would hear some shooting today but nothing. It runs for 2 weeks and then the trails open. Hopefully my sled shows up soon as I can usually ride the first week of December around here 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Gun season started today for us. I figure I would hear some shooting today but nothing. It runs for 2 weeks and then the trails open. Hopefully my sled shows up soon as I can usually ride the first week of December around here 

Yeah MN is early on that compared to Wisco and Michigan. My zone gets 2 weeks, 3 weekends. Not much shooting in this area this year either.

4 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Yeah MN is early on that compared to Wisco and Michigan. My zone gets 2 weeks, 3 weekends. Not much shooting in this area this year either.

Yeah not much deer shooting for sure. duck season was very active though. More than usual it seemed 

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

PREPARE the JAG 

39 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Still no shipment from Cat.  :(

carbs in that Trail Cat good to go?

disappointment 2024 begins

:hdchr:

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

PREPARE the JAG 

carbs in that Trail Cat good to go?

disappointment 2024 begins

:hdchr:

Cat has actually been sticking right to their production schedule they said in spring. They should be done building in about 4 weeks. 

Just now, Not greg b said:

Cat has actually been sticking right to their production schedule they said in spring. They should be done building in about 4 weeks. 

when I see it in my driveway on it's way to the UP... beer's and dinner is on me.

should be nice that time of spring... I'll grille.