Check your account email address ×

Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

55 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Huh. Weird. Put one on my buddies 16 ZR. We got it to tie down good without much fuss that I remember. It stayed on when he smoked a tree and totaled it last year too. 

He may have changed them now. Mine is probably 10 years old. It’s been a great bag, you just cant get it to hold tight on any of my cats. The bag strap needs to be attached higher up on the bag to get enough pull.

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

He may have changed them now. Mine is probably 10 years old. It’s been a great bag, you just cant get it to hold tight on any of my cats. The bag strap needs to be attached higher up on the bag to get enough pull.

Could be. The only other Cat riders in our riding group ride PC M’s so… :dunno:

I could be wrong but I don’t think he’s had one tunnel bag produced post Covid. Maybe even longer. The only bag he has been able to get built is his quick loc handlebar bag and that was like pulling teeth. 

• 2 weeks later...

done with 440 stuff for now, and the rock solid 500 is gtg.  brothers RXC got tunnel flares, tunnel bag and have scratchers coming. 720 just got the skid pulled this morning so Hygear can service the Axis shocks, normal skid maintenance and as usual, one idler wheel.  Those Dupont vespel slides are still looking good. 

Sigh... the icing on the cake was going to the post office to mail my shocks.

IMG_20230220_112133811.jpg

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

Well, I couldn’t handle it and bought another sled. That little 600 is a great sled and will make someone happy. I’m just to use to 800cc and more, power. ‘19. 129. 1900 miles on it. Clean sled. Just put 50 on it today with the wife, trail riding, and another 20 riding two tracks with the neighbors later on this afternoon.

Don’t worry Karen2Karen. That windshield is only staying because I’m being cheap and don’t want to buy another trail permit this late in the year.

Gonna do shock and clutch service this summer. Needs hyfax. Everything else checks out good so far. Previous owner did a complete chain case service 500 miles ago but knowing me, I’ll probably do another one before the beginning of next season. I buy Polaris chai case oil by the gallon with so many sleds in the family to maintain. 

FD295F54-9D5E-43D9-AE18-5E9E650EB739.jpeg

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Well, I couldn’t handle it and bought another sled. That little 600 is a great sled and will make someone happy. I’m just to use to 800cc and more, power. ‘19. 129. 1900 miles on it. Clean sled. Just put 50 on it today with the wife, trail riding, and another 20 riding two tracks with the neighbors later on this afternoon.

Don’t worry Karen2Karen. That windshield is only staying because I’m being cheap and don’t want to buy another trail permit this late in the year.

Gonna do shock and clutch service this summer. Needs hyfax. Everything else checks out good so far. Previous owner did a complete chain case service 500 miles ago but knowing me, I’ll probably do another one before the beginning of next season. I buy Polaris chai case oil by the gallon with so many sleds in the family to maintain. 

FD295F54-9D5E-43D9-AE18-5E9E650EB739.jpeg

first of all...  why put the sticker on the fucking windshield, a part that can easily be broken or require replacement.  I put it on the chassis.  DNR has made comments twice to me about it and I flat out tell them I have multiple windshields and body panels can get damaged.  If I hit the chassis were their stupid fucking decal is, the sled won't be rideable.  Their bs usually ends there and I've never been given a fix it ticket.

secondly, why do people that actually race cross country or adventure races where they race long distance at high speed like the iron dog use real windshields instead of speedometer covers? 

heck, I swapped windshields yesterday morning on my brothers.  less than a five minute job.   

speedo cover 

sort've a windshield

an actual windshield 

IMG_20230204_102136282.jpg

IMG_20230204_102204388.jpg

IMG_20230224_130743727.jpg

IMG_20230224_132828467.jpg

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

first of all...  why put the sticker on the fucking windshield, a part that can easily be broken or require replacement.  I put it on the chassis.  DNR has made comments twice to me about it and I flat out tell them I have multiple windshields and body panels can get damaged.  If I hit the chassis were their stupid fucking decal is, the sled won't be rideable.  Their bs usually ends there and I've never been given a fix it ticket.

secondly, why do people that actually race cross country or adventure races where they race long distance at high speed like the iron dog use real windshields instead of speedometer covers? 

heck, I swapped windshields yesterday morning on my brothers.  less than a five minute job.   

speedo cover 

sort've a windshield

an actual windshield 

IMG_20230204_102136282.jpg

IMG_20230204_102204388.jpg

IMG_20230224_130743727.jpg

IMG_20230224_132828467.jpg

Calm your tits Karen. 

The sticker is usually on my windshield on my trail sled because I don’t have a problem with breaking them or ripping them off. Plus, I put it on a piece of thick, clear backer tape so it comes right off. This guy wasn’t that smart. Lastly, I will keep the windshield for any chance of a long weekend/weekday ride having to take place in really cold temps. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Going to pick up new to me sled #2 tomorrow. Sold the 600 Indy too. All while the winter is for shit. Oh well. There’s always next year. 

what'd ya find that ya had ta have?

On 3/11/2023 at 12:07 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

what'd ya find that ya had ta have?

Pretty much the long track match to the 800 Indy I just bought. 19 SKS 155 800. 600 miles on it. Coated in cig and weed smoke film though because obviously that’s where this guy and his wife smoked all their shit at, in the garage, sitting on this sled. :flush:

702EBE4C-A697-4B10-8E91-21115574DAAF.jpeg

DB79E122-E580-4BDC-BE7B-AA5E83263A9A.jpeg

• Like 3

On 2/25/2023 at 11:43 PM, racinfarmer said:

The current official tally for side panel vs. 1/4 turn

1/4 turn: 3

Side panel: 0

20230225_222008[1].jpg

you forget to latch the front one?

Doing the front one first, is a good habit to get into

Prepping the old beast this week for a trip.  

There was some water in the gear oil so that was good to change.  Greased it.  Put some speedo parts in that were broken.  When I went to start it for the first time I had fuel dumping all over the floor.  I found the float bowl drain screw was broken and laying under the carb.  That happened in storage so that was weird.  I don't remember if I drained the carbs last spring, maybe I did and over torqued it and it later broke?  Odd either way.  Hopefully that shows up by Thursday otherwise I'll have to take something else.

IMG_20230313_210036_01.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

I've been getting my butt kicked by a bog on an Indy 340 ass dragger.

Nitrous will cure any bog. It will either run like no other or it will stop running. So the bog will be fixed either way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

Nitrous will cure any bog. It will either run like no other or it will stop running. So the bog will be fixed either way.

I'm sure my boy would love a blue bottle under the hood. 

11 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no 

fuel starvation or excessive fueling wasn't implied 

maybe try asking a Facebook group :)

You're right. Honestly I already did that and got a few different responses but nothing very clear. Thanks for the input.

1 hour ago, Sled_Hed said:

You're right. Honestly I already did that and got a few different responses but nothing very clear. Thanks for the input.

too much fuel only comes from one place

same applies to too little oxygen

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

too much fuel only comes from one place

same applies to too little oxygen

Yes, I understand that. It's a matter of figuring out if it's really too much fuel or not enough fire. I could ramble off a list of all things I've done but it really doesn't matter.

1 minute ago, Sled_Hed said:

Yes, I understand that. It's a matter of figuring out if it's really too much fuel or not enough fire. I could ramble off a list of all things I've done but it really doesn't matter.

prolly start with them thar Carby looking thing(s)