Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

6 minutes ago, HSR said:

I too questioned it but followed the recipe to a 't' and glad I did. I felt like Jeremy Clarkson and told the wife "I did a thing!!!". Great soup , I'll be making it again. The only thing I did was add a couple extra strips of bacon and got shit for that!!!!!!! Too much bacon was the complaint,,I still don't understand what that means???Fucking women.

I'm laughing ... seriously LOL'ing here ... because I did the same thing.  Ya can never have too much bacon!!  I wasn't gonna just use 6 slices - I fried all of it up and saved a couple pieces to chop up and use for the topping :lol2:

2 hours ago, HSR said:

I too questioned it but followed the recipe to a 't' and glad I did. I felt like Jeremy Clarkson and told the wife "I did a thing!!!". Great soup , I'll be making it again. The only thing I did was add a couple extra strips of bacon and got shit for that!!!!!!! Too much bacon was the complaint,,I still don't understand what that means???Fucking women.

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

I'm laughing ... seriously LOL'ing here ... because I did the same thing.  Ya can never have too much bacon!!  I wasn't gonna just use 6 slices - I fried all of it up and saved a couple pieces to chop up and use for the topping :lol2:

How do you guys cook your bacon?? Stove top & frying pan, oven on a baking sheet or microwave oven?? I've been liking the oven on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or stove top & skillet, not a fan of microwaved Bacon .

HmmmMMMMmmmmMMMMmmmmMMMMMM Bacon GIF | Gfycat

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

How do you guys cook your bacon?? Stove top & frying pan, oven on a baking sheet or microwave oven?? I've been liking the oven on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or stove top & skillet, not a fan of microwaved Bacon .

HmmmMMMMmmmmMMMMmmmmMMMMMM Bacon GIF | Gfycat

Air fryer only. No tin foil needed. Pour used cool grease into garbage.

Edited by Steve753

13 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

The inside of your air fryer is either gross as hell or you spend a ton of time cleaning it...and yes the inside of my oven is dirty as hell.

Super easy to wipe down. 30 seconds max.

@Jerry 976 ... on the bacon topic.  At home, we mainly do the bacon in our oven using a stone cookie pan.  If I'm in a hurry, I'll stove top it in a frying pan (like this past week for the potato soup).  Otherwise, I really like cooking it on the Blackstone ... but that's an outdoor type of thing, like when we're camping.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

@Jerry 976 ... on the bacon topic.  At home, we mainly do the bacon in our oven using a stone cookie pan.  If I'm in a hurry, I'll stove top it in a frying pan (like this past week for the potato soup).  Otherwise, I really like cooking it on the Blackstone ... but that's an outdoor type of thing, like when we're camping.

I use to cook alot on my Blackstone.  But turning more and more to the air fryer. I know I know. To much air fryer.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I use to cook alot on my Blackstone.  But turning more and more to the air fryer. I know I know. To much air fryer.

If our air fryer had a bigger basket, I'd use it a lot more often than I do.  But it's kind of a smaller one, so I can't fit a lot of items in there.  I mainly use it to reheat pizza, or for tots or fries.  Every now and then I'll do a chicken breast or boneless pork chop in there.  But for the most part, it doesn't get pulled out from below the counter more than a few times a month.

If I'm cooking a bunch it's in the oven, but when I just want a bacon and cheese sammy I'll just crank up the frying pan.

If I use the microwave I'll lose my Irish heritage.

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

If our air fryer had a bigger basket, I'd use it a lot more often than I do.  But it's kind of a smaller one, so I can't fit a lot of items in there.  I mainly use it to reheat pizza, or for tots or fries.  Every now and then I'll do a chicken breast or boneless pork chop in there.  But for the most part, it doesn't get pulled out from below the counter more than a few times a month.

The 3 I have are all over 5 quart. I'm addicted. 

:bc:

some of the leftovers from Cinco De Thanksgivingo... there's still enough left to feed an entire fleeing Russian brigade.

about to rewatch Legend on Netflix as the wife and daughter are out shopping and don't enjoy violent reality based films.  fwiw, Tom Hardy is a helluva actor and quite the capable brawler in real life.  

IMG_20221125_191321230.jpg

IMG_20221125_193136876.jpg

IMG_20221125_193154457.jpg

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, HSR said:

Wife made a pot of beef barley soup yesterday so had sausage in a bun and a huge bowl of soup.

My dad use to make a vegetable beef barley soup but he would use Beer instead of water,

we use to call it Dads Beer Soup. 

• Haha 1