Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

1 hour ago, Jerry 976 said:

Lipton onion soup burgers, I did my way, just mixed 1 packet of lipton onion soup mix in with 1 pound of 80/20 ground meat, make patties, add some cheese when they are just about done and shoe string french fries. There are a couple different recipes for the lipton onion burgers.

do you have an air fryer? 

not for the burgers but french fries at home are so much easier, and quicker in them 

• Like 2

• Gold Member

Pasty central just came through for me yesterday.  So I had me a beef Pasty tonight.  Man those things hit the spot for this pale skinned fucker.  Just sprinkle some cheese on it and woof.  Only got a bout 3/4 down though and I am stuffed!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

or natural casing butcher shop weiners 

When we were big into moose hunting we had a place that made us moose weiners, they were awesome in M&C :bc:

They used to smoke some of our moose roasts too, amazing.

1 hour ago, poopooforme said:

Pasty central just came through for me yesterday.  So I had me a beef Pasty tonight.  Man those things hit the spot for this pale skinned fucker.  Just sprinkle some cheese on it and woof.  Only got a bout 3/4 down though and I am stuffed!

Local place?

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, ckf said:

b6c78730a900f34cde8d24859b775dc6.jpg

Looking at a new tractor in Newport. What's the deal with a NH res buying something like that in VT? I know when I buy a sled in Maine they dont charge me sales tax, is it the same in VT?

56 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Looking at a new tractor in Newport. What's the deal with a NH res buying something like that in VT? I know when I buy a sled in Maine they dont charge me sales tax, is it the same in VT?

They may have to "deliver it to NH" to avoid the tax, but I don't think they will have to collect the sales tax.

• Like 1

My wives brother is in India so we've been watching his 5 year old.  She has Celiac and can't have even a trace of gluten which has made cooking fun.  Her favorite food is mac & cheese and chicken nuggets which she has been requesting all week.  Last night I found out that while rice flour gives a nice texture when you deep fry, it does not brown like normal flour (duh).  It does make a nice roux for a cheese sauce though.  Add some honey carrots and I had a VERY happy little girl.

JTC6Zkd.jpg

I whipped up a quick buffalo sauce to make mine buffalo chicken m&c.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

how high is the sodium? 

I love em... but wholy salt batman 

For some reason they don't list the % of daily anywhere...   I googled mi pasty mix and it was 650grams of sodium.  IDK

• Confused 1

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

how high is the sodium? 

I love em... but wholy salt batman 

Just got this back from Pasty.com.  Good people there.  I ordered 4 beef and 6 breakfast pasties and when it showed up there were 6 beef and 6 breakfast.  I emailed them to tell them I owed them for 2 beef pasties she said no there is a price break at 12 so i just through 2 extra in at no charge!  Nice!!  Anyway see below.  Lots a fat but salt is not bad at all!!

Serving Size 1 pasty (397g) 14oz

Calories 1080

Calories from fat 590

Total Fat 66g

Saturated Fat 21g

Total Carbohydrate 87g

Dietary Fiber 6g

Sugars 8g

Protein 37g

Vit A 150% Vit C 30%

Calcium 8%  Iron 35%

Sodium 160 mg

* percent Daily values are based on a 2000 calorie Diet.