Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ckf said:

I need to try more things in the air fryer. We did do corn on the cob in it earlier this week and it came out great.

I use the air fryer for hard boiled eggs!  15 mins at 270. Done. No waiting for water to boil. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I use the air fryer for hard boiled eggs!  15 mins at 270. Done. No waiting for water to boil. 

Interesting. I'll let Nicole know. She makes hard boiled eggs quite often.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

23 minutes ago, ckf said:

Interesting. I'll let Nicole know. She makes hard boiled eggs quite often.

I had no idea…I’ll have to pass this along.👊🏻

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steve753 said:

:whistle: 

Wouldn't that make it an Egg Fried Hard and not a Hard Boiled Egg...................... fry.gif.e719e9f3aab03e1b78f20e14360e9995.gif

Thanks for sharing the cooking tip......... beer_cheers.gif.2090d2f5060fd60694b271638e17e820.gif

On 9/12/2022 at 1:49 PM, Jerry 976 said:

2 foot long hotdogs with peppers & onions, 2 large orders of fries & 2 large cokes, we were at a Pittsburgh Pirates game yesterday...... Holy Fawk $61.00 for the food above, but we did have 4 tickets and each ticket had $10.00 off per ticket for food and drinks so it cost us $21.00 for the food & drinks.

Lord, I had Mexican food last night.  With the automatic 20% Chicago tip and tax my bill came to $408.  To be fair $140 of it was margaritas.

12 hours ago, ckf said:

I get it. But the pellet grills are almost to easy. Set the desired temp, plug in the meat temperature probe and insert it in the meat. The trade off is that you don't get as much of the smoke flavor as a traditional stick burner or even charcoal with wood chips.

Same with the Kamado grills.  Mine takes 15min to warm up and holds temp all day.  Super easy and natural lump is tasty.

48 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

:whistle: 

Wouldn't that make it an Egg Fried Hard and not a Hard Boiled Egg...................... fry.gif.e719e9f3aab03e1b78f20e14360e9995.gif

Thanks for sharing the cooking tip......... beer_cheers.gif.2090d2f5060fd60694b271638e17e820.gif

Baked egg.  Air fryer is a convection oven.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 4:36 PM, HSR said:

Prime rib steaks were on sale for $8.99/lb which is pretty cheap in my neck of the woods , some fresh mushrooms and rice on the side

On 8/27/2022 at 7:33 PM, Badger** said:

WTF is a Prime Rib steak??? :lol2: You either make prime rib "whole roast" or you have a Ribeye steak :lol:and at 8.99 I am sure it was AA or A not AAA. :lol:Maybe it was just old meat did it smell?? :lol2: Yes you can wet age meat but it gets to a point where it can have a distinct twang to it, to the point where it is sour. Looks like someone needed some attention but totally fucked it up. "Prime rib steaks" or was it "Prime Ribeye steaks"? :lol2:

Stick the Moose burgers HSR. :ok:

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Lord, I had Mexican food last night.  With the automatic 20% Chicago tip and tax my bill came to $408.  To be fair $140 of it was margaritas.

Same with the Kamado grills.  Mine takes 15min to warm up and holds temp all day.  Super easy and natural lump is tasty.

24 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Nobody can be this stupid to pay $408 for Mexican food unless your paying for 10 people. Still trying to get positive attention Goober? Kamado's are shit get a Green Egg, the kamado warranty's are garbage just like their grills, why don't they back up their products?? The Green Egg is the Cadillac of the industry.  

You are so fucking pathetic, Goober. 

Man oh man , someone is taking the dinner thread a little too seriously. :news: It's just a meal thread Rob:bc: Relax.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Is this the dinner thread or the CM forum?

This is getting pretty serious! We will have to change subject and talk about double reverse searing or something of that nature!

:lol:

• Haha 3

Due to the lack of restaurants my buddy decided to open his food trailer out of his yard so I just pre-ordered 2 loaded cheesburgers and a cheddar bacon poutine. His food trailer is called "The Joint" :lol: yes he's a smoker :bong:

On 8/28/2022 at 9:32 AM, HSR said:

I'll bet ya my Prime Rib steak was better than dive bar pizza :lol:

On 8/29/2022 at 5:01 PM, HSR said:

Hey whoever da fuck made it in the factory has a home ya know sooo technically it is homemade!!! They don't hire homeless people sheesh.

Yeah wife made it :bc: Delicious.

6 hours ago, HSR said:

Man oh man , someone is taking the dinner thread a little too seriously. :news: It's just a meal thread Rob:bc: Relax.

Ya tell me about it Stevie, you should take your own advice. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Badger** said:

Ya tell me about it Stevie, you should take your own advice. :thumbsup:

Sour grapes for dinner. Yuck.

• Haha 2

Let's see how freely I can post on here. One of my friends died from covid last year he owned a Supper Club, so tonight we are going there to have dinner with a few friends and his family that still run the club. 

Your typical Wisconsin Supper Club menu. 

I'm sure someone will let me know if they don't approve of this post. :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, Deephaven said:

The prices of stuff at stadiums and arenas is nuts now a days, I would hate to see what people are paying for a sit down dinner and drinks and then more drinks while watching what ever event you're at and more "food" for their kids.

6 hours ago, Steve753 said:

This is getting pretty serious! We will have to change subject and talk about double reverse searing or something of that nature!

:lol:

w-flag.gif.e3cb253e274dbd1b9868a24651af75bf.gif - - -  I'll go with toasted white bread and Land O lakes Butter for $200 Alex.......... :hdchr:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I'm only part French Canadian, but mozzarella Poutine just sounds wrong to me :dunno:

Agreed...should be cheese curds, not pizza cheese. 

It doesn't sound bad...but it's not poutine

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I'm only part French Canadian, but mozzarella Poutine just sounds wrong to me :dunno:

You could be right,I very rarely order poutine but the bacon hooked me here and there was a PILE of bacon on it.

6 hours ago, HSR said:

Due to the lack of restaurants my buddy decided to open his food trailer out of his yard so I just pre-ordered 2 loaded cheesburgers and a cheddar bacon poutine. His food trailer is called "The Joint" :lol: yes he's a smoker :bong:

1 minute ago, HSR said:

You could be right,I very rarely order poutine but the bacon hooked me here and there was a PILE of bacon on it.

You ordered the Cheddar bacon poutine not the plain poutine on the menu.............. F'n stoners are all a like .... :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Agreed...should be cheese curds, not pizza cheese. 

It doesn't sound bad...but it's not poutine

Around here most places do it right with the cheese curds :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Around here most places do it right with the cheese curds :thumbsup:

Some weekends there isn't a single restaurant open here.There is only 3 and 1 of them is the golf course restaurant.