Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

We were talking about theses the other day while we were out shopping and I might make these for dinner tonight, I like mine with just butter on them. We always called them Corn Cakes they call then Country Corn Fritters, same thing and made the same way we make them................... fry.gif.75da23d76425e6b45434c6d509754b53.gif

https://thesouthernladycooks.com/southern-golden-country-corn-fritters/

140585363_Corncakes.thumb.jpg.7dcea1d549b1229df85ec63d33f2f990.jpg

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Homemade pizza from the local pizza joint.

:dunno:

Now you're catching on.:bc:

Steak and fried potatoes and cucumber salad and watermelon. <<<<< All homemade. :whistle: :D

• Like 1

Went and tested out a steam oven at lunch time.  Followed the in house chef's recommendations of starting the oven cold and it didn't rise anywhere near as much as my benchmark.  Going to try again next week perhaps and see if I can get it to work as it is way easier.

xfiRCYp.jpg

Either way, both loaves are delicious but the one on the left had much more aggressive oven spring.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, HSR said:

Montreal Steak spice :thumb:

Depending on the size of the roast whether it's beef or pork I put 1/2 to a full stick of butter on top of the roast plus what ever seasonings are going in with the roast.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Some leftover Chicken Fried Rice my wife made the other day…suaced it up with some of this stuff which is good on alot of food….tonight was the Yuzu in the green bottle.

3953B85D-4B24-4F9A-9E41-E97A9BB7E425.jpeg.9035af51f58a82b5665655bcf419d495.jpeg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Lazy dinner, last of the fresh corn, some bread and a steak. 

0AKpWIH.jpg

Cool a new pic :bc: I was getting tired of the last one getting posted everywhere :lol: