Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

6 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I see that Mike Patey's Turbulence plane suffered a catastrophic engine failure on the way over there.  :yikes:

Neal

Read an inflight engine explosion.  All are safe that's good

• Platinum Contributing Member

A very Happy 6-0 to old number double-0, Craig Marchbank. Legendary racer turned collector, turned Snowmobile Hall of Fame President turned Derby Track co-owner, he's done more in and for the sport than just about anybody. Wishing you the very best, Craig!

231A33E7-886C-4313-AB1C-CA48E77B86A8.thumb.jpeg.deb64ba56b20cfa335c3796a3515f3b7.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

Cool! Is the one on the left a planter? Are the canisters for seeds?

Yes, John Deere 290 corn planter. They are the seed canisters. The thing on right is a Deere horse drawn corn cultivator. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Yes, John Deere 290 corn planter. They are the seed canisters. The thing on right is a Deere horse drawn corn cultivator. 

Very cool!  One of my old bosses used to go to Quebec to buy old horse drawn sleighs and buggies to resell in NH. Just about all of them were sold to be used for display purposes.

It was a pretty good racket. For an average sleigh he paid about $50 CDN (about $35 US at the time) and sold them for between $400 - $500. There was no duty bringing them back as they were all considered antiques.  The guy was so cheap that he didn't include the shaft even though most came with the shaft. He charged an extra $50 if you wanted to get shafted, lol. Needless to say we had a warehouse basement full of unsold shafts because most people didn't need them for display.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, ckf said:

Very cool!  One of my old bosses used to go to Quebec to buy old horse drawn sleighs and buggies to resell in NH. Just about all of them were sold to be used for display purposes.

It was a pretty good racket. For an average sleigh he paid about $50 CDN (about $35 US at the time) and sold them for between $400 - $500. There was no duty bringing them back as they were all considered antiques.  The guy was so cheap that he didn't include the shaft even though most came with the shaft. He charged an extra $50 if you wanted to get shafted, lol. Needless to say we had a warehouse basement full of unsold shafts because most people didn't need them for display.

My Amish neighbors are probably mad that I used a good cultivator for display. :lol:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

My Amish neighbors are probably mad that I used a good cultivator for display. :lol:

If they weren't so ethical they would probably steal it  :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ckf said:

I have a good friend who is a dealer in “industrial antiques” as he calls them. He runs ads in the Mennonite news papers around here and buys up stuff from the local farmers. My sleigh came from him. He buys any that he finds. Good market for them. Also any old farm equipment, barn boards or furniture. Sap buckets are a good seller….lol

IMG_6196.thumb.jpeg.208fdad1cf2575c9773fc0703d4ff4b7.jpeg

• Like 3

"Tonight we're going to party like it's 1995!" Who among you made some great snowmobiling memories on 1995 snowmobiles? What did you have, and where did you ride it?  

#sleddersthrowbackthursday

IMG_1651.thumb.jpeg.1e910008e1be6c7ae35934593a8190a4.jpeg

• Like 2