Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

On 6/22/2023 at 7:11 PM, EvilBird said:

I prefer the fixed frame mounted fairing . Cuts the wind better , more stable on the highway and I prefer the looks. Also the dual headlights are great at night. 

Although i still prefer the traditional look of my Street glide, the road glide IS much more stable on the hiway in windy conditions for sure.    i WAS considering this beauty,,,   till i came to the realization i really need a new truck.  that and they are almost the same price!!                  .:flush:

IMG_8008.jpeg

• Like 7

• Gold Member
11 hours ago, old indy said:

Although i still prefer the traditional look of my Street glide, the road glide IS much more stable on the hiway in windy conditions for sure.    i WAS considering this beauty,,,   till i came to the realization i really need a new truck.  that and they are almost the same price!!                  .:flush:

IMG_8008.jpeg

Yup I was gonna buy a new truck also before walking into the Harley dealer. I'm just not as mature and rationale thinking as You :whistle: :lol:

Hey at least you have a bagger. If I had a Street Glide I would of bought a new truck also. I wanted a Street Glide bad for years and years. I think I started looking at them in like 2012, so 10 years later I finally pulled the trigger on the RG instead but it was a tossup. 

• Gold Member

Went to Gillette Castle yesterday in East Haddam, CT with the kids . Place is actually really cool , lotta weird history. 

8607F963-DB0E-43A7-8EE5-CB7248113DDD.jpeg

F6C200F1-F800-47D4-8CFB-1C34BC7BAB8B.jpeg

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Yup I was gonna buy a new truck also before walking into the Harley dealer. I'm just not as mature and rationale thinking as You :whistle: :lol:

Hey at least you have a bagger. If I had a Street Glide I would of bought a new truck also. I wanted a Street Glide bad for years and years. I think I started looking at them in like 2012, so 10 years later I finally pulled the trigger on the RG instead but it was a tossup. 

Damn, so tempting.  Of all the motorcycles I've owned, never owned a Harley.  Old man had a few, including an FLH when I was growing up.  :bc: 

9 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Went to Gillette Castle yesterday in East Haddam, CT with the kids . Place is actually really cool , lotta weird history. 

8607F963-DB0E-43A7-8EE5-CB7248113DDD.jpeg

F6C200F1-F800-47D4-8CFB-1C34BC7BAB8B.jpeg

That is a cool spot.  Awesome views of the CT river too.  :bc: 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EvilBird said:

just aboot 38k for ANOTHer bike,, or roughly 40k for a newish truck.  damn that rational thinking!        il get another bike after paying off another truck first.  

• Like 2

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, old indy said:

just aboot 38k for ANOTHer bike,, or roughly 40k for a newish truck.  damn that rational thinking!        il get another bike after paying off another truck first.  

prob a good idea lol. 

They wanted $38k for my bike , I ended up paying cash and got them back down to just under MSRP just FYI. financing wasnt worth it. 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, HSR said:

Screenshot_20230701_114438_Facebook.jpg

Damn!😳

Strong straight line winds in Illinois today FLATTENED corn. Unbelievable. Photo credit: @ilcorn Twitter.

IMG_1490.thumb.jpeg.093908746a71426ef7ad858dad583bca.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

12 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

That's awesome 

Thanks, Tony :bc:

12 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Seen these bikes at Clark’s thought they were cool oh and the bears were cool too.IMG_3336.thumb.jpeg.43de62157173237ff49191d159373c67.jpegIMG_3337.thumb.jpeg.cb6d0e4d83d695c5efc7ed6da7fb69a8.jpegIMG_3343.thumb.jpeg.c7186c42611ef284bcbc61ca59cd38ac.jpeg

I haven't been there since I was a teenager. So, at least 3 or 4 years ago :lol:

• Haha 3

Talk about tough! AJ's crash at Riverside in 1965, caused when he tried avoiding other competitors when his brakes failed, was followed by an incredible recovery. He broke his back and fractured his ankle. By the time the medics, and fellow racer, Parnelli Jones, got down the 25-foot embankment to his car, AJ was not breathing, his skin was blue, and they assumed he was dead. In fact, the track doctor pronounced him dead at the scene. But, Parnelli noticed a slight movement. He scooped the mud out of AJ's mouth, and he started breathing again. AJ made a complete recovery and four months later qualified on the pole for the Indianapolis 500. Then on July 4th, he won the NASCAR Firecracker 400 at Daytona for a second time.

IMG_1497.jpeg.5f39f16bd72464979dc26e0ba77c276a.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, ckf said:

Is that the old radar base in East Haven, VT?

Yes sir. Always a fun ride  

Edited by Shifty
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Yes sir. Always a fun ride  

Nice!  I've been up there once when we first moved here with my father in law. Drove up in my old Subaru Outback, lol.

You should have swung by :smoke:

:lol:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ckf said:

Nice!  I've been up there once when we first moved here with my father in law. Drove up in my old Subaru Outback, lol.

You should have swung by :smoke:

:lol:

We will make the connection this summah:bc:

• Like 1