Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

21 minutes ago, Shifty said:

We will make the connection this summah:bc:

It's been a while since we have gotten together. I've been in VT 10 years this coming October.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

I think that some still go up in the winter on sleds.

Yep I tried too last year but there was low snow and a plowed road I had to continue on so I turned around,  plus I was clearly off trail so said screw it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

They are getting ready to film Beetlejuice 2 in southern VT. I grabbed this pic from Facebook of the house that is being built for the movie.

FB_IMG_1688392775494.jpg

I wonder how that writers strike is going??  the scuttle butt amongst the teamsters who work the movie sets is there could be an actors strike next. ?   filming would stop all over the place.  

20 minutes ago, old indy said:

I wonder how that writers strike is going??  the scuttle butt amongst the teamsters who work the movie sets is there could be an actors strike next. ?   filming would stop all over the place.  

I've heard that too. Them fuckers better work long enough to complete the next season of 1923!!!!!  :lol:

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

I've heard that too. Them fuckers better work long enough to complete the next season of 1923!!!!!  :lol:

I've been watching Joe Pickett on Paramount. Pretty good.

10 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I've been watching Joe Pickett on Paramount. Pretty good.

Agreed. We watched the latest episode last night.

Paramount Plus puts out a number of good shows.  :thumb:

• Like 1

Just now, HSR said:

Have to put that on the list, thanks.

Based on what you have posted in the "What ya watching" thread, I think that you will like it :bc:

Just before the start of the 544-mile Sydney to Melbourne Ultramarathon in 1983, one particular runner caught the attention of the Australian media: a 61-year-old potato farmer named Cliff Young. He had shown up before the race wearing overalls and work boots, telling journalists that he had trained in his large rubber boots and had spent much of his childhood chasing after sheep, sometimes for days without rest.

Soon after the race began, Cliff Young fell behind the other runners and seemed on track to finish dead last. But after getting just two hours of sleep the first night, Young got back up and started running — and didn't stop. While the other runners stopped each night to sleep, Young kept moving continuously at his slow pace for five days straight. "I'm just an old tortoise," he said. "I have to keep going to stay in front." In the end, Young won the race in record time, smashing the previous mark by two whole days and leaving the entire world stunned.

This is the incredible story of Cliff Young: https://bit.ly/3NNLomt

IMG_1504.thumb.jpeg.2fcf685249ac13224527a19b0daff768.jpeg

• Like 5

The Texas quote of the day:

"Sometimes, when things get hard or tedious and I don't want to do them, I ask myself this: If someone who has been as blessed as I have been is not willing to clean out the barn, who will?"

----- H. Ross Perot, offering words to think about. Indeed.
IMG_1506.thumb.jpeg.9234ef86ba085543e39bfa0e2e52f60f.jpeg

• Like 3

”One night in my first season with New York, I was at the club with a bunch of my Rangers teammates when we ran into a group of players from the New Jersey Devils. One of the Devils’ defencemen, Ken Daneyko, knew Mark Messier from when they were growing up in Alberta. The two of them were chirping each other back and forth.
Suddenly Messier yelled out to Ken, “Hey, this kid can beat you in an arm wrestle!” and he pointed to me.
Ken was a big, strong guy, and as we got set up at the table, his teammates were talking to each other about how quickly he’d beat me. Ken insisted on betting on it, so there was a hundred dollars on the table. Well, I won the first round. And then the second. Then we switched hands and I beat Ken with my left hand, too. I would let him get three-quarters of the way to winning, and then, just when he thought he had me, I’d crank his arm back and slam his hand down to win the round.
Ken got more and more frustrated as we went, and he was doing shots of Jägermeister and tequila the whole time. When he’d finally tired of losing arm-wrestling matches, Ken shouted, “Let’s head-butt!” I really didn’t want to head-butt Ken, but he wouldn’t take no for an answer. Things didn’t go the way that Ken planned, though, and the next thing you know, he had a massive goose egg on his forehead and I was still standing.
The next time we played New Jersey, I was in the dressing room when Messier approached me with an envelope with my name on it. Inside was a hundred-dollar bill that Ken had sent over. We were all a little nuts back then, but in a good way.”
Source: "Shift Work" by Tie Domi.

IMG_1508.jpeg.a1c7cc061d466d5fad99fa0329ee2b61.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Doug said:

Pic from the show last night

FB_IMG_1688486883854.jpg

Fireworks crew with some of the wife's.  You know we've been doing this for a while when you have father and sons in the picture and their grandchildren watching the show.

IMG958622.jpg

• Like 6

This is Thomas and Hudson both 7. They drop by almost every day to visit Webber. Well maybe the freezies on hot days too. Last week I met them walking the dog and they said they had to go, I asked where.

They said "Your wives house". I fucking near died laughing.

20230707_143937.jpg

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

IMG_1530.thumb.jpeg.c2c86cc9f31ab7f665513ef3923a8489.jpegIMG_1525.thumb.jpeg.f581cd74bdc5abbc2e75db4f901dfaa2.jpegIMG_1529.thumb.jpeg.ccc1443908228fc407406bcb5c6f9069.jpegIMG_1528.thumb.jpeg.a6eead16d12b6de2a127e8fab5936b20.jpeg

Nice pictures. Is that the mouth of a river area or was there a storm and it fuck up the shore?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Nice pictures. Is that the mouth of a river area or was there a storm and it fuck up the shore?

Thanks and it’s a creek mouth flowing into Lake Michigan.🌞

• Like 1