Check your account email address ×

The Story of Snowrider

f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, Snake said:

That was my house and it was the greatest thing ever.

We had kids use it even when the girls weren't here.

That's the best part of owning a pool. You know where your kids are and who they are hanging with.

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

I had an inground pool in my first home for 7 years, it was nice when the kids were younger but I don't miss the maintenance one bit. I have a cottage on a lake now and it's nice to just let mother nature take care of the maintenance. :lol:

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t miss mine. I actually found cleaning it and general upkeep therapeutic. 

cleaning leaves out in October November sucked though 

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t miss mine. I actually found cleaning it and general upkeep therapeutic. 

I guess everybody has their own definitions when it comes to therapy, to each their own. :bc:

16 minutes ago, frenchy said:

I am starting to think you might burn yourself with cigarettes for fun.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, frenchy said:

How would you rate a root canal on your list of favorite things to do?  

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I still have him as #1 in my suicide pool.  So, I’m getting curious if I can pay myself off.  :lol:

I do kinda miss him though.  A liberal with some actual brain matter.  Rare.

He used to be a lot of fun and actually rodes sleds and bikes. A bit OCD but it was towards modifying sleds and bikes. Now its about Trump. Such a waste of energy.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

:lol:. Sled, hot tub, golf clubs, trail bike all help me.  Hopefully add a boat in the spring for my mental health maintenance.

5 minutes ago, s pump said:

He used to be a lot of fun and actually rodes sleds and bikes. A bit OCD but it was towards modifying sleds and bikes. Now its about Trump. Such a waste of energy.

Some guys burn too hot and burn themselves right out of the sport(s), when they lose sight of why they rode in the first place.

14 minutes ago, s pump said:

Identity politics is taking a mental toll.  Weird thing is, while it’s by design from DC,  it’s a volunteer program.  Find a sports team to cheer for and be sad about, ffs.

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

:lol:. Sled, hot tub, golf clubs, trail bike all help me.  Hopefully add a boat in the spring for my mental health maintenance.

Some guys burn too hot and burn themselves right out of the sport(s), when they lose sight of why they rode in the first place.

Happens to many.  

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Identity politics is taking a mental toll.  Weird thing is, while it’s by design from DC,  it’s a volunteer program.  Find a sports team to cheer for and be sad about, ffs.

Happens to many.  

Yup.  Then again if we had to trailer everywhere to ride, we’d probably ride about a 1/4 as much as we do.

2 hours ago, Snake said:

$30,000 15 years ago. You can see the cement start to settle by the steps. Gotta nip that in the bud.

Only replaced the liner $3k, and the pump motor $175.

There is a company that pumps some kind of expanding foam to raise the concrete up supposedly works well and isn't terribly expensive.

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

lol it's really hard and half the time you can do it in swim trunks with a beer in your hand

59 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

How would you rate a root canal on your list of favorite things to do?  

I've had one. Not fun.

37 minutes ago, s pump said:

Greg just pushes buttons. He's about as grounded as anyone here IMO.

Edited by frenchy

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yup.  Then again if we had to trailer everywhere to ride, we’d probably ride about a 1/4 as much as we do.

a lot of it is having people to ride with. None of the people I used to ride with locally even have sleds anymore.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

There is a company that pumps some kind of expanding foam to raise the concrete up supposedly works well and isn't terribly expensive.

I was thinking about that.

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, Snake said:

My buddy had it done, it's like expanding concrete, did it in a garage that he parks a car in..had I done a couple years ago still all good, I was there last week..

3 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Judging by BennyTooSkinny's on-line persona here, he would be the last person in the world that I would buy a used sled from. 

I mean, look how spastic he is!!!

He's transient from Indiana to Minnesota.

His house is never done, and usually has Tyvek flapping in the breeze somewhere.

He bought a USED BMW and he's put tons of repairs into the front-end and suspension. 

He's always selling some used piece of shit.

He was gonna' buy a Case backhoe, that obviously was a shit ad, and shit hoe.

He sells some kind of meats that are probably rancid. 

I mean think about it, how could anyone do a quality job on anything, the way he spreads himself so thin? 

Also, I think he's a booz-a-holic, who is a troll.  He's not stupid, he's an asshole. There is a difference. 

Lmfao :lol: 

3 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Oh, did I add that BennyTooSkinny just lost a ton of money, SHORTING THE STOCK MARKET!!!!!

I mean really, doesn't he strike you as the kind of kid that you wanna' rassle down and choke the shit out of him!!! Not kill him or nothin', but just choke that stupidity out of him!! 

:lol: you'd end up practically killing him there's so much stupidity to chock out of him :lmao:

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

As long as you have a truck full to split the gas with, it's not a big deal.

56 minutes ago, frenchy said:

lol it's really hard and half the time you can do it in swim trunks with a beer in your hand

I've had one. Not fun.

Greg just pushes buttons. He's about as grounded as anyone here IMO.

I had one done about 5 years ago. Not a bit of pain.  Even the shots to numb me up didn't hurt 

54 minutes ago, Snake said:

My inlaws had it done to several spots in their driveway at their old house before they sold the house. Worked great and saved them a shit ton money compared to what it would have cost to replace it.

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

2 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

:lol: :lmao:

As long as you have a truck full to split the gas with, it's not a big deal.

I had one done about 5 years ago. Not a bit of pain.  Even the shots to numb me up didn't hurt 

My inlaws had it done to several spots in their driveway at their old house before they sold the house. Worked great and saved them a shit ton money compared to what it would have cost to replace it.

not that it hurt just didn't like the drilling noises and dust and shit. Just uncomfortable, not painful.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, frenchy said:

a lot of it is having people to ride with. None of the people I used to ride with locally even have sleds anymore.

I'm in the same boat. Many friends no longer have sleds and the one buddy I do have that still does, is a fireman (captain) and works crazy hours and shifts so it is tough hooking up to ride.

Now that I am retired, however, I am hoping we are able to get out a bit more but with 3 kids, hockey, etc, it won't be too often I'm guessing?

My Diverticulitis also keeps me from venturing far or doing saddle bag trips. I do have a few other friends who do that quite often and some of their trips look awesome but I highly doubt I could due to this issue that rears its ugly head whenever it wants. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

It’s unlikely I’d ride at all.  I can’t stand windshield time anymore.

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

This is true too.