Check your account email address ×

The Story of Snowrider

f7ben

I just got in from putting a few miles on in our fields had about 8" that compacted down to 4 or so, even though the conditions were far from perfect. I just can't see myself being without a sled, not many of the guys I used to ride with still ride but I just can't seem to give it up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

It’s unlikely I’d ride at all.  I can’t stand windshield time anymore.

This is true too.

the last year I rode jackman the windshield time actually bothered me,  never had bothered me before.  i am enjoying driving a normal amount of miles these days.  30 miles RT to work and thats about as far as I travel.  

47 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

the last year I rode jackman the windshield time actually bothered me,  never had bothered me before.  i am enjoying driving a normal amount of miles these days.  30 miles RT to work and thats about as far as I travel.  

Buy a Golf R with no money down and the transformation will be complete.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, irv said:

I'm in the same boat. Many friends no longer have sleds and the one buddy I do have that still does, is a fireman (captain) and works crazy hours and shifts so it is tough hooking up to ride.

Now that I am retired, however, I am hoping we are able to get out a bit more but with 3 kids, hockey, etc, it won't be too often I'm guessing?

My Diverticulitis also keeps me from venturing far or doing saddle bag trips. I do have a few other friends who do that quite often and some of their trips look awesome but I highly doubt I could due to this issue that rears its ugly head whenever it wants. 

A lot of my buddies got out of it back with shit tanked here. Slowly coming back into the sport.   My one buddy wants back into it but he just got divorced about 2 years ago and is still climbing out if the financial hole she left him in.  He said he will rent for a couple more years and then buy a newer used XRS or leftover TNT and get shocks for it.  Another buddy that had triplets who are now 11 has rode with me a few times the past 3 years..  He's still on his '05 RevX 600.  Still runs great.  Sled is well maintained.  We just put a RS2 and new studs on it last year.  He's gonna run it this year , and then snow check an XRS or TNT (and get shocks for it). Keep the Rev for his son. One of the 3 kids is interested in riding. The other 2 (another boy and a girl)  don't care about riding. 

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

Buy a Golf R with no money down and the transformation will be complete.

He already has the same skin tone 🤣😂

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS
  • Like 1

a few places around me have artificial grass. you wouldn't know unless you went right up and were looking at it.

Seriously better than an irrigation system and 400/month to keep your grass green, especially for those who have weekend cottages.... WGAF really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

a few places around me have artificial grass. you wouldn't know unless you went right up and were looking at it.

Seriously better than an irrigation system and 400/month to keep your grass green, especially for those who have weekend cottages.... WGAF really.

With two dogs who like to run marathons for hours, no grass will last.  It looks great.

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

Fake grass sounds awesome to me. Have a big ass yard and not have to mow it. :bc:

• Thanks 1