Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Did a chicken. This lump charcoal I used for the first time. It burned crazy hot. Almost ruined the bird.

00C375AD-1D27-4947-B067-3E16284AF520.jpeg

BF37AA85-B5CE-463F-949D-AC10FD245033.jpeg

Not on fire like Ben's Turkey was a few years ago.    Success :bc:

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

Did some chicken thighs on the kettle. What made my day...., I had "miss placed" the skillet I use to BBQ veggies since I packed it away last winter. Well I found that fucker today..So a side of grilled asparagus to boot.

• Like 1

80lb  Berkshire been in the brine for 45 hours. Will be pulling him and injecting pretty soon. 

In the pit he goes in the morning

20180830_143606.jpg

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/31/2018 at 11:59 AM, f7ben said:

80lb  Berkshire been in the brine for 45 hours. Will be pulling him and injecting pretty soon. 

In the pit he goes in the morning

20180830_143606.jpg

Man, I just have a hard time doing shit like that.  I like my meat defaced and processed.  That way I can pretend it didn’t take an animal’s life for me to enjoy.   It’s the stupid fucking liberal in me.  :lmao:

32 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Going on 4 hours in

20180901_120800.jpg

...even so, that’s me standing there with a plate.  1st in line!!!!!!!!  :lol: looking good bro!

I got a late start but since about 0700 for these.  Trying a new rub that really gave it a dark bark.  

6BE0C273-853F-4D09-9370-75D5666FBE16.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Man, I just have a hard time doing shit like that.  I like my meat defaced and processed.  That way I can pretend it didn’t take an animal’s life for me to enjoy.   It’s the stupid fucking liberal in me.  :lmao:

...even so, that’s me standing there with a plate.  1st in line!!!!!!!!  :lol: looking good bro!

I got a late start but since about 0700 for these.  Trying a new rub that really gave it a dark bark.  

6BE0C273-853F-4D09-9370-75D5666FBE16.jpeg

what are you using for a smoker Oklahoma Joe? been looking at one to replace combo grill I have, don't do enough big cooks to justify firing up big smoker

19 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

what are you using for a smoker Oklahoma Joe? been looking at one to replace combo grill I have, don't do enough big cooks to justify firing up big smoker

It’s an old HD Brinkmann.  It’s been excellent. Going on 6-7 years now outside and uncovered and just lost the fire box last year.  Brinkmann is out of business now. I have yet to see one that was made this well with the heavier armor.  IMO, al the ones for around $5-600 are built about the same.  Gotta go custom or online and spend $1000 or so to get a model that will last.  I’ve seen some custom builders on Craig’s that seem to make a heavy duty mode too.  :dunno:

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It’s an old HD Brinkmann.  It’s been excellent. Going on 6-7 years now outside and uncovered and just lost the fire box last year.  Brinkmann is out of business now. I have yet to see one that was made this well with the heavier armor.  IMO, al the ones for around $5-600 are built about the same.  Gotta go custom or online and spend $1000 or so to get a model that will last.  I’ve seen some custom builders on Craig’s that seem to make a heavy duty mode too.  :dunno:

checkout the Oklahoma Joes, they  are built pretty stout, have side box, good prices too