Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Not mine, short story, owner of company I work fors grandson, wanted food truck, bought it, didn't realize there is no way to cook in it, it's a warmer truck, runs off Honda generator, warming boxes, sink, prep area,..but it needs to have a smoker/grill to cook food..so needless to say it's for sale..I'll send you pics tomorrow, you can steal it

Its probably not in the cards but you never know....thanks for thinking of my looming bankruptcy from impulse spending though !!!!!!!!!!1111111 :bigfinger: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Its probably not in the cards but you never know....thanks for thinking of my looming bankruptcy from impulse spending though !!!!!!!!!!1111111 :bigfinger: 

Babahahaba hahbahahha!!!!!!!11111:barney:

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

On to the wings, done

IMG_20180720_202205307.jpg

I like bbq sauce a little carbonized on my wings......my dad always bitches that I put it on too early and it gets a little blackened but that is the way I like it 

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I like bbq sauce a little carbonized on my wings......my dad always bitches that I put it on too early and it gets a little blackened but that is the way I like it 

No sauce yet just a sweet smokey rub, I like charred chicken skin , crispy crunchy.. so those dark one's are all mine.. rest are for the weekend, no kids so quick easy reheats for me till Sunday night..

On a side note, I have been 3 times now trying to perfect my Sriracha Lime wing sauce, hit a home run tonight, got it down I think

IMG_20180720_203142031.jpg

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

No sauce yet just a sweet smokey rub, I like charred chicken skin , crispy crunchy.. so those dark one's are all mine.. rest are for the weekend, no kids so quick easy reheats for me till Sunday night..

On a side note, I have been 3 times now trying to perfect my Sriracha Lime wing sauce, hit a home run tonight, got it down I think

I dont care for sriracha at all......which is weird cause I love everything spicy ......i just dont like it 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I dont care for sriracha at all......which is weird cause I love everything spicy ......i just dont like it 

I did a 1/4 cup of Frank's wing sauce, 1.5tbs of Sriracha, black pepper, and half a big fat lime squeezed..

I don't like Sriracha much either, but fuck I had this out at a bar, my buddy ordered it, I snagged a wing, and fuck me,..been trying to recreate it ever since, is the only reason Sriracha is in my fridge..lol

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I did a 1/4 cup of Frank's wing sauce, 1.5tbs of Sriracha, black pepper, and half a big fat lime squeezed..

I don't like Sriracha much either, but fuck I had this out at a bar, my buddy ordered it, I snagged a wing, and fuck me,..been trying to recreate it ever since, is the only reason Sriracha is in my fridge..lol

I've been trying to duplicate my favorite wing recipe for 20 years......I get close and then its 2 steps back :lol: 

59 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Look good!  Now I want wings!  Damn it!

Not a huge fan of sriracha myself. It works well mixed with ketchup for a nice kick but I mostly use it as a mix base for my own blend of hot sauce.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, f7ben said:

I think they are looking to get 15k

IMG_20180721_080133951_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180721_080144087_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180721_080154127_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180721_080209304.jpg

IMG_20180721_080216120.jpg

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm thinking the diamond plate box on the back is the grill.

Well I guess it could be but that would be the worst possible design ever :lol: I'd bet its just storage

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

How in the fuck did they think they were going to cook anything in that truck :lol: 

Rich guy buys what his grandson wants, lol...they did a couple catering jobs, just cooked it all at home and put it in the warming boxes..smh..

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm thinking the diamond plate box on the back is the grill.

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well I guess it could be but that would be the worst possible design ever :lol: I'd bet its just storage

Honda generator to run the warming boxes

45 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Rich guy buys what his grandson wants, ...they did a couple catering jobs, just cooked it all at home and put it in the warming boxes..smh..

There is very little prep space , you would have to box each meal and then put them in the warming boxes and just go out and hope to serve everything within an hour or so ......not a good setup at all. 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

There is very little prep space , you would have to box each meal and then put them in the warming boxes and just go out and hope to serve everything within an hour or so ......not a good setup at all. 

I agree, I was SMH, when it showed up,..they got it from a local restaurant, that would do exactly what you said, make everything at the restaurant in the morning and drive into down town Syracuse at lunch time and sell for 2 hours

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

I agree, I was SMH, when it showed up,..they got it from a local restaurant, that would do exactly what you said, make everything at the restaurant in the morning and drive into down town Syracuse at lunch time and sell for 2 hours

That might work well for some setups that had a good prep space like a full commercial kitchen for cooking/ prep etc.......but then you have to have a market that lets you sell out quick or you will be taking a lot of food back with you. Cant serve people shit that has been sitting in warming boxes for hours. 

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Every “gut truck” I’ve ever seen (patronized) is like that.  Bunch of warming boxes and a microwave or two.  All precooked or that bag shit you toss on the biker for 60 seconds.

I know there are fancier ones that do all the prep/cooking inside but...never seen on in person.

Cash business!

35 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

Every “gut truck” I’ve ever seen (patronized) is like that.  Bunch of warming boxes and a microwave or two.  All precooked or that bag shit you toss on the biker for 60 seconds.

I know there are fancier ones that do all the prep/cooking inside but...never seen on in person.

Cash business!

I just cant imagine the thought of slicing up a brisket and then putting it in a styrofoam box with some sides and having it sit in a warmer for an hour or 2 while someone waits to buy it.

That shit needs to be sliced right before its served......I suppose pulled pork or ribs or something might be a little easier .....IDK......it just seems gay to have it all portioned up and in warmer boxes. 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I just cant imagine the thought of slicing up a brisket and then putting it in a styrofoam box with some sides and having it sit in a warmer for an hour or 2 while someone waits to buy it.

That shit needs to be sliced right before its served......I suppose pulled pork or ribs or something might be a little easier .....IDK......it just seems gay to have it all portioned up and in warmer boxes. 

I suppose it could be figured out how to built the plate right there.  I’m sure it is being done.  But, prolly have to have a ywo person team to do it now.  One to take orders and money and one to do the meal building.  I don’t know, depends on how busy it gets I suppose.  I guess the purpose of those trucks is decent, reasonably priced.hot food fast.  If any of those change, it’s probably “grand closing”.

As far as catering a big bash BBQ I think the meals are more important and people can wait and serve themselves at will because they are already at their place of destination.

IDK...never put much thought into the business aspect of that stuff.

1 hour ago, Zamjabronie said:

Cash business!

I frigging killed it today, grass was cutting fast, averaged $3/min and added to my stellar tan...:bc:

IMG_20180721_152552353.jpg