Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

Spent all afternoon seasoning the smoker and fighting the rain. It was already wet from pulling it home so I figured I might as well fire her and play. 

I'm already starting to develop a feel for the way the smoker reacts......of course the weather will change that. Rain and 65 today.

Either way I am pretty happy and especially for the price I paid. 

• Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

20180720_155952.jpg

I saw a pic you posted maybe last week, 3 different areas to cook?

And looks awesome!! I would be pumped to cook on something like that..:bc:

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I saw a pic you posted maybe last week, 3 different areas to cook?

And looks awesome!! I would be pumped to cook on something like that..:bc:

Yes , warmer box can double as a vertical smoker. Then you have the main 30x60 bbq pit with reverse flow baffle etc and on the back end is a large grill box with 22x30 and 16x30 cooking surfaces. 

I think I could pretty easily cook for 200 people on this thing and an all day party. Could do a 160lb hog , 10 racks of ribs pork butts and a shit load of grill food at the same time etc etc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zamjabronie said:

Nice!  Veggie oil?

veggie oil? for seasoning you mean?

I am going to just spray some pam on the grates when I'm done with this burn. They are pretty clean with little rust if any at this point 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes , warmer box can double as a vertical smoker. Then you have the main 30x60 bbq pit with reverse flow baffle etc and on the back end is a large grill box with 22x30 and 16x30 cooking surfaces. 

I think I could pretty easily cook for 200 people on this thing and an all day party. Could do a 160lb hog , 10 racks of ribs pork butts and a shit load of grill food at the same time etc etc

That's frigging awesome man, have fun with it!!

And slather those grates with good old fashioned Crisco,...

Pam??? 

9ab7eee8_ditka.jpeg

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

veggie oil? for seasoning you mean?

I am going to just spray some pam on the grates when I'm done with this burn. They are pretty clean with little rust if any at this point 

Yeah. I use a spray bottle of veggie oil and coat everything up nice.  Grates walls bottom....everything.  Cook it for a couple of hours at 200 then spray again and raise temp to 250 then let then let fire burn down.

35 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

Yeah. I use a spray bottle of veggie oil and coat everything up nice.  Grates walls bottom....everything.  Cook it for a couple of hours at 200 then spray again and raise temp to 250 then let then let fire burn down.

Yup , I been looking at one of those yuppy pressurized veggie oil sprayers. I think I'll order one up and use that to keep it oiled up

33 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

@f7ben wanna buy a food truck?  

Perfect set up with that cooker

I'm broke as a joke son.....I aint paying the rent this month just from stroking the check for this cooker today :lol: mywife and I have talked about a food truck but all the permitting and shit you have to do for every county and city and municipality makes it unattractive. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

seasoned , oiled and ready for the first cook !!!!!!11

20180720_192135.jpg

So I'm an idiot obviously...does that one firebox do everything? 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So I'm an idiot obviously...does that one firebox do everything? 

The firebox on the bottom left flows through the bottom of the pit below a baffle plate and then back around over the cooking surfaces and out the stack. It also heats the warmer box that is directly above it. The direction of the flow of heat under the baffle and back around the meat classifies it as a "reverse flow" smoker.....it acts as a sort of convection oven if you will. Its all the rage so I read :lol: 

The large grill box on the back is a separate grill. You would cook on that no different than a big weber only I will cook with stick wood on that as well vs charcoal. Cooking burgers and dogs and especially steaks over stick wood is fucking magic. 

Edited by f7ben

Just now, f7ben said:

The firebox on the bottom left flows through the bottom of the pit below a baffle plate and then back around over the cooking surfaces and out the stack. It also heats the warmer box that is directly above it. The direction of the flow of heat under the baffle and back around the meat classifies it as a "reverse flow" smoker.....it acts as a sort of convection over if you will. Its all the rage so I read :lol: 

The large grill box on the back is a separate grill. You would cook on that no different than a big weber only I will cook with stick wood on that as well vs charcoal. Cooking burgers and dogs and especially steaks over stick wood is fucking magic. 

Got it...thanks. :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

seasoned , oiled and ready for the first cook !!!!!!11

20180720_192135.jpg

Fucking sweet,  man, I wish..

I'll send you pics of the food truck tomorrow.. I know how you are.. hahaha

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Fucking sweet,  man, I wish..

I'll send you pics of the food truck tomorrow.. I know how you are.. hahaha

Whats the deal on the food truck......is it yours? 

Just now, f7ben said:

Whats the deal on the food truck......is it yours? 

Not mine, short story, owner of company I work fors grandson, wanted food truck, bought it, didn't realize there is no way to cook in it, it's a warmer truck, runs off Honda generator, warming boxes, sink, prep area,..but it needs to have a smoker/grill to cook food..so needless to say it's for sale..I'll send you pics tomorrow, you can steal it