Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

Faggots :gfight: 

You want in and you know it.  Here, we’ll grease up and you can shimmy in the middle between motions.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

3A39F239-0C2C-4E9A-A0F6-93B50A4040F9.thumb.jpeg.8e985ccfcf680c9ee25418da477cd639.jpeg

Dey Ya Goe!!!

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Thin blue smoke.....white smoke is nasty flavor maker homey

Picture was for effect after I dumped some soaked applewood on the heat and fired it up.  I do that three times. I like a thick bark.  I use brown sugar in the rub to offset any bitterness that may occur from bark build up.  The other 10-12 hours it looks like this:

4200334F-A168-4C0B-8418-F2E330B373AE.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

Sweet fuck!  Nice rig.  Do you do a lot of big time smoking?  Quantity stuff?  That's a fucking monster!!!

:bc:

I dont yet but I have wanted to and will start to. Wifey and I like to cook and we may do some competitions in the future and out retirement gig may include a little party catering. 

My millwright at work builds these.......they are nice and the price was right

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I dont yet but I have wanted to and will start to. Wifey and I like to cook and we may do some competitions in the future and out retirement gig may include a little party catering. 

My millwright at work builds these.......they are nice and the price was right

I Frankensteined mine this year to keep it going.  I'm sentimental with it!  :lmao: But...next year is prolly gonna be time for something new.  Thinking about building a permanent fireplace kinda smoker deal.  God...I love a good smoked meat.  (insert old and stale "That;s what she said" line here)

Just now, Zamjabronie said:

I Frankensteined mine this year to keep it going.  I'm sentimental with it!  :lmao: But...next year is prolly gonna be time for something new.  Thinking about building a permanent fireplace kinda smoker deal.  God...I love a good smoked meat.  (insert old and stale "That;s what she said" line here)

I love it too !!!!!!!!11  I wanted a stick burner......its the only pure way to bbq !!!!!!!1111

I read this part somewhere ^^^^  :lol: 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I love it too !!!!!!!!11  I wanted a stick burner......its the only pure way to bbq !!!!!!!1111

I read this part somewhere ^^^^  :lol: 

Man...I've got split maple and apple from the trees I lost on my property.  I know the pellet grills are being touted as "the cat's meow" and all but, I just can't bring myself to do it.  I'm pretty old school with a lot of things like that.

1 minute ago, Zamjabronie said:

Man...I've got split maple and apple from the trees I lost on my property.  I know the pellet grills are being touted as "the cat's meow" and all but, I just can't bring myself to do it.  I'm pretty old school with a lot of things like that.

I think maple might be the first wood I buy.......there is a processor up in Virginia that has some seasoned maple that he sells to restaurants etc. I might get a face chord from him and start with that while I look for some seasoned oak

Just now, f7ben said:

I think maple might be the first wood I buy.......there is a processor up in Virginia that has some seasoned maple that he sells to restaurants etc. I might get a face chord from him and start with that while I look for some seasoned oak

It was my favorite til that storm KO'ed an old apple tree.  I've never smoked with oak.  I've heard it's easier to control the temp on it though.  

22 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

It was my favorite til that storm KO'ed an old apple tree.  I've never smoked with oak.  I've heard it's easier to control the temp on it though.  

Oak is a nice flavor.....works well with almost everything. I think guys will mix a few flavor woods in with their oak. Oak makes less ash a burns long and fairly hot. Its a good wood 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Oak is a nice flavor.....works well with almost everything. I think guys will mix a few flavor woods in with their oak. Oak makes less ash a burns long and fairly hot. Its a good wood 

I love the maple but it'll ash up on you quick and burns out fairly fast.  Gotta always watch it or temps will run all over the place. Most of the pits in the south use oak for the resons you listed.  Man...those hillbilly suckers know what side of up is up with their smoking.  Scientific like.  God is on their side though so......

:lol: