Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I just tossed a rack of beef ribs and pork ribs in the smoker, doing the 3-2-1 method. Pics to follow when I have to check on them

That's something I haven't done in a while. I'll look for a rack next time I'm at the market :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ckf said:

That's something I haven't done in a while. I'll look for a rack next time I'm at the market :bc:

I couldn't pass them up. Fresh from the local meat market, on "managers special" for $1.69/lb. First time doing beef ribs too

• Like 1

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I couldn't pass them up. Fresh from the local meat market, on "managers special" for $1.69/lb. First time doing beef ribs too

The pork shoulder that I'm smoking today was on sale for $.99/lb.

15 minutes ago, ckf said:

The pork shoulder that I'm smoking today was on sale for $.99/lb.

That's a friggin steal!!!:bc:

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

That's a friggin steal!!!:bc:

It was a picnic shoulder, not the Boston Butt, but at that price I figured I couldn't go wrong. Every once in a while I find them marked down to $.49/ lb. You just need to use them or freeze them pretty quick as they are getting close to the 'use by' date.

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I just tossed a rack of beef ribs and pork ribs in the smoker, doing the 3-2-1 method. Pics to follow when I have to check on them

keep those beef ribs moist they get dry in a hurry if you are not careful

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ckf said:

It was a picnic shoulder, not the Boston Butt, but at that price I figured I couldn't go wrong. Every once in a while I find them marked down to $.49/ lb. You just need to use them or freeze them pretty quick as they are getting close to the 'use by' date.

Ill boil them a lot in the winter. Did it catch fire in the smoker?

11 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Ill boil them a lot in the winter. Did it catch fire in the smoker?

Nope, but it got a nice bark on it :thumb:

1.jpg

46 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Never had a new England boiled dinner? Its what most around these parts do with a smoked shoulder.

I cooked a rack of ribs in the oven a few years ago and these fuckers are still giving me shit about it. That's when the started calling me crockpot :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

1.jpg

I cooked a rack of ribs in the oven a few years ago and these fuckers are still giving me shit about it. That's when the started calling me crockpot :lol:

Let’s not forget McRib.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

1.jpg

What do they do in the winter? Freeze their balls off or mcdonalds?  They need to expand their horizons.

13 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

What do they do in the winter? Freeze their balls off or mcdonalds?  They need to expand their horizons.

You know what they say, NO BRAIN, NO PAIN   :lol:

You dont boil a corned beef. You cook it in a slow cooker with potatoes and cabbage and it more or less steams as it cooks. 

Also other treat like boiled dinner are comprised of cured or smoked meat when the flavor has already been imparted......like a ham. In this case its more like making a soup than it is cooking a piece of meat.

If a person ever finds themselved with a raw piece of meat and their first inclination is to boil it they are either Howard fucking Hughes or they dont know shit about cooking :lol: 

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

How do you cook a corned beef and cabbage?

Boil it. Take it out and throw some apricot jam on it and bake it till it carmelizes. I said yuck till I tried it as a friend brought it to a st Patty's day party this year. It wasn't very sweet like I was thinking it would be. Just a hint of sweet. It was delicious, can't wait to try making it myself. :bc: Can't help ya with the boiled smoked ham thing, sounds weird. I usually double smoke em'.