Check your account email address ×

Do you drink and ride?

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I am ok with guys having a few beers . but I don't ride with guys that drinking is the priority any longer . hell a lot of the guys I ride with hit the sauce hard at night but can still hang or know to stay at the abin the next day .I will have a hit on a joint from time to time out in the woods but all that dose is slow me down and make me cold lol  

Yeah I don't really like the weed when I'm riding. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Yeah I drink. I don't get fucked up and I'm not running bar to bar but we drink. And we still have some road pops while we are driving up in the truck cuz fucks the police. 

I think you and I would get along good. :bc:

13 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Yeah. I did a 180 regarding riding buddies too. Only problem is I hit the sauce pretty hard when we get back lol. 

But I've NEVER missed a ride or went late because of late night shenanigans 

I have no problem drinking when the sleds are parked. Rule of thumb is, in the morning if you're to hung over and everyone has to wait on you, fuck off we're leaving without you. If you can't handle your alcohol, and get up in the morning to ride, don't drink so much, or stay home. 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS
  • Like 1

Just now, Anler said:

Yeah I don't really like the weed when I'm riding. 

Like I said I don't do it much when ridding any more . but if a some what leisure day playing in the meadows I will have a few pulls through out the day  but not to often most of the time I want my head on straight . 

52 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

back in the day that is all we did . I have not done that crap in well north of ten yrs . I wont ride with tools who cant pass a bar . I will have a beer with lunch but more times than not it will be a diet doo .

I have seen to many guys get  hurt real bad from that shit . when you are sitting there waiting for the helicopters to get to the lot it gives you pause  .

heck that is one of the reasons I started to get the fuck off the trail way to many close calls from drunk fuck sticks on those trails  

X2 .  :bc:

Sometimes I’ll have a few, most times I don’t. I like to get up early and ride as well. I like to rack up the miles before all the other yahoos show up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Edmo said:

Sometimes I’ll have a few, most times I don’t. I like to get up early and ride as well. I like to rack up the miles before all the other yahoos show up.

That's my plan too, I try and hit the trail at 7am, I'm usually home by 2 or 3.. Always trying to beat the tourist to the trails 

8 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Exactly.  I don't drive 5+ hours to snowmodrink.  And the people I ride with are all on the same page.  I use to ride with a group that wanted to haul ass for 75 miles, stop for lunch and have 3-5 and then haul ass back and get shit faced.  Then sleep in til 10, all hung over and then not want to do shit the next day.  Fuck that BS.  Got old real quick. Started riding with Paul (Sled Solutions) and we were both on the same page as well.  He now lives up N , but does mostly off trail. Otherwise I'd still ride with him.  Glad I have found others who also share the same views on riding 100% sober. 

x2  Got done riding with drunks 20+ years ago.  The shit shows were too numerous to count, luckily none of them plowed into me fucking me up.  Several plowed into me and fucked up my brand new sleds too.  Done with it.

8 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

Imo...theres nothing wrong with having a couple drinks on the trail...its no different then going out for lunch or supper and driving home.... responsible drinking is the key word.

x2.  As long as the priority is riding not drinking, I'm good.

8 hours ago, Anler said:

Yeah I drink. I don't get fucked up and I'm not running bar to bar but we drink. And we still have some road pops while we are driving up in the truck cuz fucks the police. 

We drive 5-6 hrs north every weekend to ride.  Once we get off the pike, the coldies come out, for the hour and half ride up 201 to camp.  Maybe 1 or 2 at lunch, or a couple last stop before back to camp.  Generally, to me the beers taste alot better after a good 200+ mile day on the sleds and they're parked. :bc: 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I cant ride without drinking....i need the booz to keep my skillz sharp

why am I not surprised.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Riding local with the crew we will stop and have one or two plus a couple at our last stop.  Riding in Canada or on a high mileage ride we don't drink at all until the sleds are parked and even then we only have a couple. When we are out west we only drink moderately one or two evenings on the trip.  

9 hours ago, Anler said:

You and I will ride this year. You won't be my New BFF so don't get your panties all wet.  :friends: