Check your account email address ×

Do you drink and ride?

I've talked to @Mileage Psycho on the phone and he rides a Cat. You ride a Doo. I do have some gay friends and have nothing against them. Heterosexual Cat guys are more my type. I don't think the bars up by me even have that faggit Redds,so I don't have to worry about you drinking to much.:lol2:

15 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I've talked to @Mileage Psycho on the phone and he rides a Cat. You ride a Doo. I do have some gay friends and have nothing against them. Heterosexual Cat guys are more my type. I don't think the bars up by me even have that faggit Redds,so I don't have to worry about you drinking to much.:lol2:

So a hetero cat guy riding bitch on your sled while towing his cat is more your type? Typical FIB... :news:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

Imo...theres nothing wrong with having a couple drinks on the trail...its no different then going out for lunch or supper and driving home.... responsible drinking is the key word.

I drive/ride slower when I consume, but I do like riding a sled fast and dicing through traffic like it's moving traffic cones when I am sober :bc: 

9 hours ago, Anler said:

Yeah I drink. I don't get fucked up and I'm not running bar to bar but we drink. And we still have some road pops while we are driving up in the truck cuz fucks the police. 

Fuck running bar to bar, but it is nice to stop in a bar for a warmup when it's -20F :bc: 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I drive/ride slower when I consume, but I do like riding a sled fast and dicing through traffic like it's moving traffic cones when I am sober :bc: 

Fuck running bar to bar, but it is nice to stop in a bar for a warmup when it's -20F :bc: 

I don't drive 400+ miles to sit in a fucking bar. Couple drinks for lunch or a rest stop, sure but I'm there to ride. And maybe score some trim in a mountain shack. :lol:

There was one guy killed who used to be on one of the sled sites. Don't recall which one. He always came to haydays with his converted arctic cat bus. I recall him talking about drinking and riding on the site like it was just ok. They found him dead one night after wrecking his sled. If I remember correctly his was .20 bac. Left a family behind and a lot of friends. Seems like a pretty self centered thing to do. Not to mention ignorant as fuck. 

1 hour ago, s pump said:

The real question is where do you put your empties when you're done? I prefer the belly pan hahaha.

Never drink when I'm riding, after it's parked, maybe one or two or 3 maybe four sometimes.

To be honest on some stops I may just have a cup of coffee and some water. But I like beer too. And when the sleds are parked I may have 2 or 3 or I may have 6. And I may have a toke or 2 also. But I don't ride fucked up, I have too many people who depend on me to take that kind of risk. At the speeds we ride at you need your wits sharp. One of the guys we ride with gets fucked up and he has had a lot of crashes. He rides with the throttle taped, all the time. I've seen him wreck twice in 30 minutes. Some people never learn. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

There was one guy killed who used to be on one of the sled sites. Don't recall which one. He always came to haydays with his converted arctic cat bus. I recall him talking about drinking and riding on the site like it was just ok. They found him dead one night after wrecking his sled. If I remember correctly his was .20 bac. Left a family behind and a lot of friends. Seems like a pretty self centered thing to do. Not to mention ignorant as fuck. 

Agree. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Well now I'm off the sauce so no drinky and ridey but back in the day we used to put a few back in the woods and at the bar but we never rode the trail system so the only people who would have gotten hurt would have been one of us and thankfully nothing bad ever happened.  Not proud of it...just being honest. :thumb:

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I usually dont drink more than 10-12 beers trailside and limit myself to 12 cocktails at the bar during stops. Thise are singles too....no doubles till the sun goes down. Then its on!!!

Looks like moderation is key for you. :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Well now I'm off the sauce so no drinky and ridey but back in the day we used to put a few back in the woods and at the bar but we never rode the trail system so the only people who would have gotten hurt would have been one of us and thankfully nothing bad ever happened.  Not proud of it...just being honest. :thumb:

yeah back in the day there were a few times I would have to help a bud to his sled we wrecked a lot of sleds in our 20s and early 30s most from to much liquid courage and some expensive snow just to amp it up a bit more . like I said those days are long past for me   to many guys dead or fucked . but I still know guys who never quit and still go all in . again 1 more reason why I stay off the trail as often as I can

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Exactly.  I don't drive 5+ hours to snowmodrink.  And the people I ride with are all on the same page.  I use to ride with a group that wanted to haul ass for 75 miles, stop for lunch and have 3-5 and then haul ass back and get shit faced.  Then sleep in til 10, all hung over and then not want to do shit the next day.  Fuck that BS.  Got old real quick. Started riding with Paul (Sled Solutions) and we were both on the same page as well.  He now lives up N , but does mostly off trail. Otherwise I'd still ride with him.  Glad I have found others who also share the same views on riding 100% sober. 

We always have a 8 ball or two with us,to get us through the rough mornings. We are back on the trails by 8.

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

We always have a 8 ball or two with us,to get us through the rough mornings. We are back on the trails by 8.

my prob was not the morning but the not putting it away for a day or 3 then making calls for a fresh delivery