Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

Today was warm and a bit humid with temps topping out around 80⁰. Still a bit of haze in the skies from the wildfires to our north.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend :bc:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, ckf said:

Today was warm and a bit humid with temps topping out around 80⁰. Still a bit of haze in the skies from the wildfires to our north.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend :bc:

A bit 😂. We were up in the mountains today and the haze was pretty bad. Kancamagus and auto road could hardly see the views add the clouds up top and you weren’t seeing much in the distance. Great weekend so far though hope yours is going the same maybe the rain coming will kick the haze down.

This was down in the trees 4Kish feet couldn’t see anything at top to get a decent pic.

IMG_3371.thumb.jpeg.b10b2cf7ff81471a87e98b804da4764c.jpeg

Edited by 800renegaderider
  • Like 2

Today marks the beginning of the Dog Says of Summer. Today through August 10th are traditionally the warmest days of summer.  On a good note, the days are getting shorter.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ckf said:

Today marks the beginning of the Dog Says of Summer. Today through August 10th are traditionally the warmest days of summer.  On a good note, the days are getting shorter.

Why is the days getting shorter a good note? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ckf said:

Because it means winter is coming for the snowmobilers on the site :dunno:

Fuck them they can wait!

:lol:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ckf said:

TTTTThats a matter of opinion..              :slapping:                                              :lol:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, old indy said:

TTTTThats a matter of opinion..              :slapping:                                              :lol:

I'm not arguing with you. I enjoy summer weather much, much more than I used to :bc:

• Like 2

90 and humid here. Skipped last nights mountain bike ride, way too disgusting out there. Really not much you can do outside till later. I’m ready for September. Never a fan of the heat. My mom is a Newfie, I got that blood. A champ in the cold but summer kills me . Plus I get kidney stones so avoiding those as well. Good old gout from the newfies 

• Like 1

We had the hot/humid shit over the past couple weeks and into the 4th of July holiday.  Since Wednesday though, it's been fantastic weather with temps hovering in the upper 70's during the day and low 50's to upper 40's overnight.  I could get used to these temps for the summer!  It's been nice turning the A/C off and opening up the windows.  These last few days have me excited for Fall weather.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ckf said:

We are under a flood watch through Tuesday. The heavy rain has shifted east and they have upped our forecasted rain from 2-3 inches to 4-6.

That sucks. That much at once is never good. Here we are still dry as hell.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, ckf said:

We are under a flood watch through Tuesday. The heavy rain has shifted east and they have upped our forecasted rain from 2-3 inches to 4-6.

It was dumping water on our way back from Keene early the roads were basically rivers. All the hillsides had water pouring off them the blasted granite cliffs had waterfalls rushing over them it was pretty crazy.IMG_3419.thumb.png.afe4c9db36875c2960f90471b2acce91.pngIMG_3420.thumb.png.ac91dcacb50642723b92fdde1297c8d7.pngIMG_3421.thumb.png.eb2de5d60a7c935aed3a5f927bafc9db.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Good morning from the North East side of Nunivak Island Alaska.

It's 45°.

Yes, 45 fucking degrees on July 12 in this God damn place.  :flush:

20230712_030154.jpg

Good to see that you guys got the boat sorted out and are finally moving!

• Gold Member
42 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Bet there's no whining about global warming/climate change up there!

Oh there is plenty of that with the greenies.

37 minutes ago, ckf said:

Good to see that you guys got the boat sorted out and are finally moving!

Yeah it's been nothing but issues so far so it's good to be sailing at least.

• Like 2