Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

12 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Was a beautiful day for a ride today seen bunch of bikes out 👍 

It was a beautiful weekend here with mostly sunny skies and temps in the low 70s. There was also enough of a breeze to keep the bugs down :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Just now, Mainecat said:

We got close to 6” of rain today. Lost power for a few hours. There’s more rain on the radar.

Wow, that's a lot of rain in a short period of time. It's been a rainy summer here in the northeast  :sad:

• Gold Member

Well my replacement arrived today and I wouldn't be surprised if he quits tomorrow.  :lol:

We were doing the watch handover and vessel familiarization and you could see it on his face, he was like wtf did I get myself into? Then he asked about a hotel and angrily said he was going to call the office first thing in the morning. 

Working in Alaska ain't for everyone!  :bc:

That motherfucker better stay tho, because I'm not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2023 at 6:45 AM, Sled_Hed said:

.2" of rain last evening and now cool front and strong N.W. winds. Downside is smoke from Canada came back with the winds.

Smoke cover up here ruined the summer. Worst year for smoke ever.

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Smoke cover up here ruined the summer. Worst year for smoke ever.

Similar here. Probably more smoky days than we've had before as well. It seemed like we had the bad smell worse than other years that we had the haze.

4 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Similar here. Probably more smoky days than we've had before as well. It seemed like we had the bad smell worse than other years that we had the haze.

We've had the same here. In the past if we do see smoke here it's only been a day or two a summer. I don't know exactly how many days we have had smoke this year but I would estimate 8 or 10 days with health warnings for the smoke.

We've had days that stayed like dawn all day and had billows of smoke, not just hazy, we've had many of them. Even today. I can't remember in years past having smoke listed on the weather forecast for days on end. Just gross.

28 minutes ago, ckf said:

We've had the same here. In the past if we do see smoke here it's only been a day or two a summer. I don't know exactly how many days we have had smoke this year but I would estimate 8 or 10 days with health warnings for the smoke.

6 minutes ago, HSR said:

We've had days that stayed like dawn all day and had billows of smoke, not just hazy, we've had many of them. Even today. I can't remember in years past having smoke listed on the weather forecast for days on end. Just gross.

Add to that the whole drought thing and it almost gets depressing. 

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

mtw.jpg

We had 41⁰ this morning. When I looked at the weather stations on Weather Underground earlier there were several temps in the 30s in northern Vermont and NH.

Next week we get a warmup :(