***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

Another one bites the dust. This is the 3rd or 4th restaurant at this location to close in the 10 years that we have been here. There just isn't enough business to go around to support 4 restaurants year round. Sadly they are our go to for takeout. They had great burgers :(  

Screenshot_20230423-172738.png

That sucks. About 6 weeks ago the Restaurant/Inn here announced they were reopening and everyone in town was stoked. Still not open as nobody needs a job here apparently , each week the local paper has a huge help wanted listings. Never changes.

Little video from my dji mavic air 2 using the waypoint function. CKF knows how it works. You set waypoints on the map and send the drone on its way. The only thing I did was adjust the camera down a bit. We're starting to see the ice pull away from shore finally.

2 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Little video from my dji mavic air 2 using the waypoint function. CKF knows how it works. You set waypoints on the map and send the drone on its way. The only thing I did was adjust the camera down a bit. We're starting to see the ice pull away from shore finally.

Nice, you upgraded to the Air2. How do you like it compared to the Mini? I still need to list my Air2S on eBay.

I'll watch the video a little later when I can cast it to the TV instead of the phone.

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

Nice, you upgraded to the Air2. How do you like it compared to the Mini? I still need to list my Air2S on eBay.

I'll watch the video a little later when I can cast it to the TV instead of the phone.

Love it! Purchased a lightly used fly more with a really nice mount for a tablet. I'm using my kindle fire hd8 running lichi.

16825509180607247989706353537680.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Love it! Purchased a lightly used fly more with a really nice mount for a tablet. I'm using my kindle fire hd8 running lichi.

16825509180607247989706353537680.jpg

Nice! I'm really liking the built in monitor on my Magic 3 Classic. It's not very big, but it's bright compared to my phone.

Honestly I have never used waypoints. I've done some hyperlypses with course lock but that's just pointing it in one direction. Do you set your waypoints on the app?

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Nice! I'm really liking the built in monitor on my Magic 3 Classic. It's not very big, but it's bright compared to my phone.

Honestly I have never used waypoints. I've done some hyperlypses with course lock but that's just pointing it in one direction. Do you set your waypoints on the app?

Yes, just choose waypoint in the menu and tap on the map to set the points. You can move the points around by pressing and dragging.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Yes, just choose waypoint in the menu and tap on the map to set the points. You can move the points around by pressing and dragging.

If it looses connection with the remote does it continue the mission or go into return to home mode?

17 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Good question. I don't know.

I hate it when I am shooting a panorama and it looses connection for a second and starts to rerun to home.

5 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

I just watched it. Nice video! You still have a ways to go with your ice. Just about everything here is ice free. I was even at a Pond at about 2000 feet of elevation today and it was open. There was still some snow left in the woods and shaded snow banks. 

26 minutes ago, ckf said:

I just watched it. Nice video! You still have a ways to go with your ice. Just about everything here is ice free. I was even at a Pond at about 2000 feet of elevation today and it was open. There was still some snow left in the woods and shaded snow banks. 

This is 2 winters in a row with late ice out. This winter we had over 130 inches of snow and still had over 24 inches of ice. It's been a long winter. I'm ready for heat and pontoon cruises.  :bc:

• Like 1

Damn, tomorrow mornings sunrise forecast for the area is looking good. It sucks that sunrise is at 5:40 though. We'll see how the evening goes before I commit to a 4AM wake up.

sunrise_et.png

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

I saw that. Good year for ice out watching. 

Definitely. It might have been more exciting if it was open a little more around the edges, and it could have gotten a little more speed with this wind.