Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

Well this happened here yesterday afternoon.  Good thing nobody was driving over the former bridge/culvert. 2023 Pothole champions 🏆 

Screenshot_20230510_095604_Facebook.jpg

It's a beautiful spring day here in northern Vermont with party sunny skies and temps in the mid 50's. I spent the morning at a local country club getting some video for a charity golf tournament.  The tee at the hole that I parked by to fly had some sort of air gun that the participants shot their ball towards the green. 

I was at a golf course, does that count?   @SSFB  @HSR

:lol:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ckf said:

It's a beautiful spring day here in northern Vermont with party sunny skies and temps in the mid 50's. I spent the morning at a local country club getting some video for a charity golf tournament.  The tee at the hole that I parked by to fly had some sort of air gun that the participants shot their ball towards the green. 

I was at a golf course, does that count?   @SSFB  @HSR

community-senior-chang.gif

• Haha 1

Just finished the first lawn cut of the year. 

Golf related, my first round of the year wasn’t until April 1st which is a week or two later than usual but I already have 10 rounds in. Playing a three round tournament this weekend. :bc:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HSR said:

Yup then it got very hot for a week :thumbsup:

Same thing happened here but over a month ago. Foot or two of snow on the ground and then three days of 80+ degrees temps made quick work of it. :omg:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, ckf said:

The temperature has been in the mid 30s today with a few flurries throughout the day :(

God dam climate change I tell ya.

31 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

God dam climate change I tell ya.

It's not that uncommon to have a day or two like this in May. We can get a frost into the 1st week of June. 

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's not that uncommon to have a day or two like this in May. We can get a frost into the 1st week of June. 

Sounds dreamy!!!

2 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Sounds dreamy!!!

It's Spring.  On a good note the warmest it has gotten here in 10 years is 89⁰F.

2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yup my bud was going through the notch earlier today and said it was snowing. Not enough to ride I asked 😂.

I saw some pictures on FB today that showed the Whites covered in a fresh coating of snow.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's Spring.  On a good note the warmest it has gotten here in 10 years is 89⁰F.

I saw some pictures on FB today that showed the Whites covered in a fresh coating of snow.

That's almost Africa hot.

Pulled the pool cover Monday and finally got the water balanced, pool temp is 64.

Had a frost warning Wednesday night….wifey had planted her flowers so she was worried but alls well.

Off to hop on the JD to mow the lawn and then put the loader on to put in 5 yards of mulch.

Nice and cool here now 65 degrees

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ckf said:

I just finished mowing the lawn. The black flies are AWFUL!!!

Yup the bloodsucking buggers are out here. I have a bite from a week ago that still it itches. Only thing worse than black flies are green heads in July. Flying piranha.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

They’re brutal here too bug spray won’t even keep the fuckers away. I hope the mosquitoes aren’t this bad this year.

When we were kids we used to puff on cigars when we fished the local brook. The old timers told us that was the best way to keep the bugs at bay. Fortunately back then the local store was more than willing to sell 8 to 10 year old kids a pack of Swisher Sweets, lol

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Yup the bloodsucking buggers are out here. I have a bite from a week ago that still it itches. Only thing worse than black flies are green heads in July. Flying piranha.

Yes, a bite from a deer fly can sting. The problem with the black flies is that they get in your eyes, nose, mouth and ears when they swarm you.

15 minutes ago, ckf said:

When we were kids we used to puff on cigars when we fished the local brook. The old timers told us that was the best way to keep the bugs at bay. Fortunately back then the local store was more than willing to sell 8 to 10 year old kids a pack of Swisher Sweets, lol

Yes, a bite from a deer fly can sting. The problem with the black flies is that they get in your eyes, nose, mouth and ears when they swarm you.

Send the wife out to cut the grass. Problem solved. 

:bc:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Send the wife out to cut the grass. Problem solved. 

:bc:

She would do it, but I don't want to think about what the blades would look like after, lol.  She would be fine with our lawn, but I also do the neighbors in exchange for plowing. There are several things over there that she could get into.

Just now, ckf said:

She would do it, but I don't want to think about what the blades would look like after, lol.  She would be fine with our lawn, but I also do the neighbors in exchange for plowing. There are several things over there that she could get into.

You just killed 2 birds with one stone. You can buy her, her very own lawn mower for her birthday!

• Haha 1