Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
44 minutes ago, ckf said:

I always have when it comes to severe weather :dunno:

Must be a gay VT thing! You are infested with democrats there after all!

:lol:

Edited by Steve753
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, ckf said:

Afternoon :hi:

Today is beautiful here in northern Vermont. Currently sunny and 79⁰ with just enough of a breeze to keep the bugs away.

Have you ever tried thermocells to keep bugs away? I've never had any luck with them personally. 

37 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Have you ever tried thermocells to keep bugs away? I've never had any luck with them personally. 

We have not. Nicole has some citronella candles and torches that do seem to help a little. For the most part the worst of bug season is over around the 1st of July.  

19 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Around 90° here this afternoon. Forecast is for some much needed rains this weekend. Hopefully they're right.

90⁰ is a little bit warm for me, especially if it is humid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

We have not. Nicole has some citronella candles and torches that do seem to help a little. For the most part the worst of bug season is over around the 1st of July.  

90⁰ is a little bit warm for me, especially if it is humid.

It was humid on Monday and Tuesday but not as much now, still not my favorite especially as dry as we are.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

It was humid on Monday and Tuesday but not as much now, still not my favorite especially as dry as we are.

We get about a total of about a week's worth of the hot sticky weather here every summer. I hate it!! My weather station still hasn't seen 90⁰ in the past 10 years that we have been here. 89⁰ is hot enough, lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Here you go Jim. Isn't it you that likes the old International Harvester vehicle's?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MRsales/permalink/6575979045755874/?sale_post_id=6575979045755874&mibextid=Nif5oz

@Jimmy Snacks

Screenshot_20230624-100213.png

Looks the same going forwards or backwards!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dz246 said:

Morning :news:

Nasty storm rolled through the area last night. Just got rain here. Seen of FB there was large hail about 10 miles south of me. 

FB_IMG_1687685053188.jpg

Wow! That eill do some damage.

Evening gentlemen :hi: Currently 66⁰ and pouring here in VT. We've had a lot of cloudy weather recently and the forecast doesn't look that promising for the upcoming holiday weekend :(

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

Evening gentlemen :hi: Currently 66⁰ and pouring here in VT. We've had a lot of cloudy weather recently and the forecast doesn't look that promising for the upcoming holiday weekend :(

Kodiak AK has been terrible weather this spring. Almost all rain and cold, too.

We have had one issue after another getting this boat seaworthy. Had a drunk ass heroin addict as captain who we had to confine to the emergancy room. Had a few replacement captain candidates quit. Barely got our props and shafts to blue fit, still have an 18month old 835 no sail order which was issued its 2nd exemption so we could sail anyway. And we just found a crack in the #6P fuel tank. Potable water taste so bad that repeated filtering wont remove the smell or taste.

So today I submitted my first resume for employment with another company. We'll see what the future holds.  :bc:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

We have had one issue after another getting this boat seaworthy. Had a drunk ass heroin addict as captain who we had to confine to the emergancy room. Had a few replacement captain candidates quit. Barely got our props and shafts to blue fit, still have an 18month old 835 no sail order which was issued its 2nd exemption so we could sail anyway. And we just found a crack in the #6P fuel tank. Potable water taste so bad that repeated filtering wont remove the smell or taste.

So today I submitted my first resume for employment with another company. We'll see what the future holds.  :bc:

That sucks to hear that you have been dealing with all of that crap. Good luck with getting new and better employment :bc:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

Have you ever thought about being a Captain?

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, ckf said:

That sucks to hear that you have been dealing with all of that crap. Good luck with getting new and better employment :bc:

Thanks, John! :bc:

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

Have you ever thought about being a Captain?

Absolutely my primary goal. I have my 500t mate and my towing mate right now. I am about ready to get a seatime upgrade to 1600t mate. Once I do that I'll start studying for my 500t Master exam. That will give me my master of towing also. From there it's just a simple upgrade to 1600 master when I accrue the right amount of sea time. :bc:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

Thanks, John! :bc:

Absolutely my primary goal. I have my 500t mate and my towing mate right now. I am about ready to get a seatime upgrade to 1600t mate. Once I do that I'll start studying for my 500t Master exam. That will give me my master of towing also. From there it's just a simple upgrade to 1600 master when I accrue the right amount of sea time. :bc:

Captain Kivalo!

:bc:

• Like 1